Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - FoD Open Weekend 15/16 June

Six-cylinder

On 2/19/2020 at 9:14 PM, Six-cylinder said:

Do you think I should get a sticker made up for it "MY other car is a Citroen Visa"

if you got one that litsed all of them you would block the rear windscreen lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

knackered peugeot did 322 miles from 9 last night till half an hour ago

once the shit 50 limit (more than 12 miles) finished on the m6 - hammered

but today avoiding m6 so towcester m1 a50 and pop onto m6 just as the cones finish

didnt go above 70

54.6 mpg -- 26 litres

last time i did that kinda mileage in this thing - 38 mpg :D

thanks to chris for hospitality (i didnt eat his cake i brought me own) good to see andy rew

and massive props to mike the electric guy

am eating cake and watching back to future 3 now and planning ferries for may :D

is it the end of march yet :D

• Like 2

ok, what were [mention=20365]Andyrew[/mention] and I doing wrong to stop the cx running? Did he fix the green RR too?
I second this

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

something about power to the fuel pump and the wires to it

andy was under the back giving it a tap and moving it about while mike read the meter so there was enuff signal then eventually start

not bad in under two hours

cant believe how calm he was :D we'd have been setting fire to it and being arrested for language and public order :D

• Like 4

The CX had a wire missing to the coil that told the ECU what was happening and the fuel pump had seized.

Mike refitted the wire and  @Andyrew gave the fuel pump a tap but nothing so had to jack the car and hit it with a club hammer while Mike bridged the relay so the pump ran regardless of the engine not started. Eventually after a fair number of taps it gave in and started working. Mike then let the fuel pump run for 10 minutes before we attempted to start it, first 3 cylinders then 4 cylinders and it ran cleanly and we had the header tank return pipe getting warm so everything seemed good. Mike thinks the running on 3 was a gummed injector and the fuel does smell old and stale.

Just before we were ready to leave I said I just want to hear it running again, but it would not start. The fuel pump had stopped working again and no amount of tapping would bring it to life. The last job was to remove the fuel pump to get a replacement.

IMG_20200301_134635 broad.jpg

That looks identical to the Saab ones (K-Jet system) in which case I've got one you're welcome to "borrow" for as long as you need.  It was replaced in an attempt to resolve what was eventually traced to be an ignition issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richardmorris said:

Not heard of them, would Bosch work?

Now you look silly as I had corrected it before you even posted!

• Haha 3

Mine has the banjo fitting - but a hose barb adaptor on it (was used on the Lada until the in tank one arrived).

IMG_20170217_144937.thumb.jpg.5e62a122206f1368d810a3dd78da9963.jpg

You could alternatively just rob the fittings from mine if that helps.

• Like 3

Chris wanted a fuel pump for the cx, 

I took this seriously , no joking around when it comes to fuel pumps , so the Pressure was on, and I was feeling pretty pumped up about it. 

Once I had got in my flow I began my search and after filtering out the rubbish I found a new one. It seems the terminals on the pumps are all bolt on now and bosch provided new crimps but that's replacement parts for You, there's always negatives and positives about these things. 

20200304_123210.thumb.jpg.a7e4580cb32ffa9f1162503e05adf82b.jpg

31 minutes ago, Andyrew said:

Chris wanted a fuel pump for the cx, 

I took this seriously , no joking around when it comes to fuel pumps , so the Pressure was on, and I was feeling pretty pumped up about it. 

Once I had got in my flow I began my search and after filtering out the rubbish I found a new one. It seems the terminals on the pumps are all bolt on now and bosch provided new crimps but that's replacement parts for You, there's always negatives and positives about these things. 

20200304_123210.thumb.jpg.a7e4580cb32ffa9f1162503e05adf82b.jpg

I am going to strain this, how about a filter, Mann WK 613

Ebay has one at £12.62 and somebody else is offering a Mann Hummel for £8.56. Is Hummel an after market brand the seller is trying to pass off as a Mann?