Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

Computer behaving very badly today , It may have to be set fire to.

I did that to mine but was told that my fire wasn't supported and will be shut down. So I kicked it in the bollocks.

• Like 2

I bet the Mitsubishi Town Box Wide rear lights would graft in quite neatly on the back of any car to make them instantly look like a fibreglass kit car.

Also, Nissan Attrage... more like Nissan Outrage, am I right?

They sold Ebros on the continent in the '80s - early '90s. Think they were built in Spain? Never seen a RHD one before though.

My first ever employer bought two of them new to supplement the battered Nissan Urvan they owned.

The Hunting Percival Harrier. A folding air portable car designed by the aircraft firm and literally unfolds from a portable box to car in a minute. Rear mounted 650cc BSA engine. Saw one in an old pathe news at RAF El-Adem for a few seconds and I had to find out what it was.

post-18268-0-44223800-1429735543_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Coming back from PoL on Saturday, I saw a small coach which apparently was made by 'King Long' on the M5 - looks like another great Chinese automotive brand to watch out for!

King Long have been importing coaches for about five years now, the importer has just had a winding up order issued; Pelican Leyland DAF in Yorkshire IIRC are now importing Yutongs too, which are apparantly pretty good; like the Turkish Temsa Safari the latest models share the same DAF/ZF running gear as the latest Bova Futura 2 and Irizar i6 integrals.

Back to now. Just been passed by a not entirely unpleasant looking 15-plate hatchback which is apparantly the 2015 Nissan Pulsar... post-4240-143072266345_thumb.jpg

In the world of Arrow series it can't get anymore bizarre than this! Instead of using the Rootes 1725cc engine Chrysler installed the 1600 from the Peugeot 404 in order to comply with local content requirements in South Africa (other reports suggests they used the 2.0L engine from the Peugeot 504 on post 74 models).

According to the advert they had three model range: Hunter, Vogue & Safari. The above 1972 Hillman Vogue example was recently sold inCape Town.

http://www.paykanhunter.com/2011/10/french-connection.html

4705601946_018f1358e2_b.jpg

7063l6k_20.jpeg

7092iam_20.jpeg

tumblr_meipwc7sjv1rig7xwo1_1280.jpg

Sold in Sweden, Denmark and Finland, the Saab-Lancia 600. Wonder if Saab refused to use their badge on the back too?

• Like 3

The Corolla Gumma shown earlier is not a Corolla Gumma. Sad to have to tell the truth but that is a dealers sticker. Gumma is a prefecture inland from Tokyo. I bought a Corona that had the same dealer sticker about 10 years ago !

Many Japanese dealers are set up as dealers for the model rather than make, but I assume they sell whatever the customers want to buy !

Corolla Gumma have 13 branches so must sell a lot of cars.

There is a little translation type oddity too, the Prefecture is usually spelt Gunma in English.

• Like 2

I saw a Nissan Tiida hatch today. I didn't know that was a thing. It wasn't from Arnold Clark either.

I saw 100s of these in South Africa on holiday and saw one here for the first time the other day. Quite like them  :-o