Strange goings on at petrol stations

HillmanImp

Has anyone else experienced anything like this. Everytime i go to the Texaco garage on Street Lane in Leeds the petrol gauge in my car stops working. In my old Dis-Astra the central locking would not work when i was at the same place. From speaking to someone else they have said that when they are out on their bikes if one will not start for an unknown reason when they are at some services, they have often tried all standing round it in a circle to deflect any electrical interference and it has normally allowed it to start. What causes this? Is it something to do with the petrol station, or is it common to have some telephone masts or some other thing at services?Or is it aliens?

When I worked in the car spares place, we often had customers who's remote key fobs (something us lot will encounter in about 10 years time) suddenly stopped working.Very often they were parked in the same area.Move the car, the electronics start working again. :shock: Wasn't there a similar story a while back about cars conking out as they drove past one of the military bases in Norfolk?

Odd. I expeienced this recently. My GPS kit (proper professional thing, lots of £, not a shat nav!) refused point blank to work in the vicinity of a petty station. Now when you used to be only able to hook to about 3 US satellites you'd be like, meh, but now there's up to 7 US and 5 rusky satellites all available at the same time during the day.... clear skies, unobstructed views, perfect weather, just couldn't get any kind of hook up. Bizarre.

Last thursday my friend whos garage I keep all my vehicles etc borrowed my beavertail to collect a pug 405 estate with a water leak, whilst there he attempted to winch out a pug 504 pick up.Nothing to unusual so far , however my winch which is a wireless controled stopped working , whilst my friend went to investigate the problem the truck stopped running and there were clouds of smoke coming from under the bonnet . When he got the bonnet open he saw that the positive battery connection had melted off the battery,the feed cable to the isolator switch had burnt out. Oh did I mention the location that this happened ... right next to Jodrell Bank radio telescope .He said that it didnt happen all at once but over about a five minute period. Recabled everything yesterday thinking that the winch would be cabbaged and the cause of the problem and guess what the winch is perfect, the cable from the isolator to the winch was perfect ,just from the battery to the winch. Spooky!!!

Many moons ao, I lived in Nottingham, and had a Mk2 Cav Estate. Every time I went over 1 certain junction on Derby Road, it spluttered a little. I just put it down to the autochoke coming off, as it was always about the same point in my journey to work. One busy Saturday, it cut out altogether, whilst crawling ahead on a green light. As soon as the red light came on, it started on the key.............As soon as it went green, it stalled. I got it going on red, and did a GP start away from the lights............(as soon as it went green)........I found out from a friend, that there were some faulty ignition modules around, genuine Bosch, but grey backed. Mine was grey backed, so it was replaced for about 6 quid from the breakers. Hey presto, no more stalling! Is it a way of Big Brother keeping the speed down?