Ford Streetka - new car bought - not a ka, road trip Saturday!

messerschmitt owner

thought that may be the case. Going to look at a punto cab soon (I Can strip the old one for spares) but may have a go at a 206cc too - she likes them (and they have four seats).

Did notice BMW Z3s can be quite cheap too!

Z3 might be ok for the missus, but the boots are tiny and the power steering is exceedingly light,

Welcome back M.O.

she has a punto cabrio - she's used to tiny boots - especially as I have a smart roadster too - some clever dick fitted an engine in the boot space of it.

I have a selection of car details printed from Autotrader for her to peruse tonight. Punto cab is £595 with 54k and two dents in the boot, with a short MoT. I tried to get her to consider an Alfa Spider last night but she moaned about the lack of rear seats and the size of it.

her car has to be a proper 'modern' ie less than 20 years old, with creature comforts like electric roofs. Power steering not essential but she doesn't like big cars (or cars with four foot pedals) or automatics so two pedals are out too. And, despite having access to a six seater she will drive, she doesn't really want a two seater - in theory it has to have four seats!

I think the old 306 cabriolet is one of the best looking of its type - they are cheap as well.

she thinks they're too big! I have details of about four printed off - they also tend to have been looked after as well. There aren't so many knackered ones out there as there are KAs, or Pug 206cc.

The engine in these is surprisingly un-powerful as well. They still go well, as they weigh about as much as an empty biscuit tin - just not as fast as you'd think.

The heater valve always goes too - particularly important in a convertible, I'd have thought. If you do think about buying one check it's capable of delivering both hot and cold air.

Where have you been hiding Mr. Schmit? Good to see you back. :)

Think the rear 'seats' in the 206 are little more than a padded parcel shelf aren't they? Similarly Froggy, how about a Mk1 Megane cabrio?

Usually sub £1000, old Meganes seen to be more hard wearing than the newer ones and these almost have real back seats.

renault-megane-cabrio.jpg

What about an Audi 80 Cab?

not seen one under a grand. She'd go scene for a Beetle but she can FRO (obviously, she won't ever read this, so I'm safe to say it ;-) ) when they're £4k when she can have something for under a grand from some other manufacturer that has more substance over style in their range.

The Meganes are on the list of 'likes'!

Saab 900? The old 'classic' shape cars are probably out of reach at the shite end of the price spectrum unless you're good at sewing hoods together but the newer GM cars are down round a grand or so.
Lots of toys, rear seats for adults and quite quick in turbo form.

SAAB900cabrio-1899_3.jpg

• Like 1

Saab is too big! Way too big! She's fussy like that, or there'd be a 320/5 E30 convertible on the driveway! Thankfully, she laughed at a Nissan Micra CC.

not seen one under a grand. She'd go scene for a Beetle but she can FRO (obviously, she won't ever read this, so I'm safe to say it ;-) ) when they're £4k when she can have something for under a grand from some other manufacturer that has more substance over style in their range.

The Meganes are on the list of 'likes'!

i cant stop larfing now

astra conv??

205?

So far I have printed details of the following models/makes

1998 Fiat Punto 1.2 Cabrio £595, two months MoT, no tax, £595

2001 Pug 206cc 2.0SE - Mot/Tax end may, 140k £600

2001 Pug 2.0SE Mot Oct/no tax, Cat D, 80k £695

2001 Pug 2.0SE - Mot April - new cambelt, brakes, wheel bearings, 103k £725

2001 Alfa Spider 2.0 Cat C repaired - 77k Mot Sept, £750

2002 Renault Megane 1.6 16v, 88k Tax Apr, mot June £795

2003 Pug 206 2.0SE tax Apr, Mot Oct, 90k £800

2002 Megane 2.0 16v, Mot Nov, no tax, 75k £874

2003 Streetka 1.6i Lux, no tax, MoT till ?, 110k £890

2001 Megane 1.6e tax apr, Mot Oct, FSH 60k £895

2002 Megane 1.6 16v, tax Dec, Mot Oct, 88k £900

1993 Celica 2.0 £900

2000 Pug 306 2.0SE final edition 78k £949

2003 Streetka lux, Mot July, 95k £975

1999 Pug 306 1.8S Mot jul, 86 £990

2001 Pug 306 2.0 with Hardtop, Mot March, 81.5k £990

1999 BMW Z3 1.8 Tax Mar, Mot may service history, 106k £1495

plus a smattering of other pugs and StreetKAs.

She's had an Astra Cabbie - will not ever have another. All Vauxhalls are ..., etc.

phoned up about this! It's taxed till end June and MoT'd till end April and it's £595, which is only £45 more than I sold the camper for.

Couple of dents in the bootlid that would 'smart dent' repair but otherwise almost full service history and a non-leaking, if albeit ever so slightly shrunk roof (have a good mohair roof I would swap over with).  £595 FTW

http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=7348db2c53d4d40995f80361a8697ee9&width=800&height=600

Already have leather seats in blue and numerous other bits I could take off the old Punto before scrapping it.

Have to say those Pug 206CCs are tougher than they look. I was watching one of those 'Police/Crash/OMG' shows on telly last night and there was one on its roof having launched itself off a barrier it had demolished as its driver was texting, in what must have looked like the classic Hollywood car roll over stunt. Windscreen broken but the roof stayed on and there seemed to be very little deflection or crushing.

Saab 900? The old 'classic' shape cars are probably out of reach at the shite end of the price spectrum unless you're good at sewing hoods together but the newer GM cars are down round a grand or so.

Lots of toys, rear seats for adults and quite quick in turbo form.

SAAB900cabrio-1899_3.jpg

I'd run away from these. They handle/drive like a pregnant camel without the roof and are plagued with expensive issues.

I love the way they look, so much so that I've had two in the hope that the first I bought was just a bad example.... They were both unspeakably crap. Based on the vectra, so with the vectra's awful reliability but not the payoff of the cheap parts... because although vectra parts look the same, they arent. The saab equivalent is marginally different and always twice the price.

they are however quite rapid with the Turbo when you're not fighting the horrific scuttle shake and torque steer, and the engine isnt sludging itself up.

GM ownership absolutely ruined Saab - Beat a hasty retreat.

Sunday is car D-Day and just spotted this on autotrader!

It'll be too big, the wrong colour, etc ...

http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=00b13c183b9d6a4b987aa828d6178328&width=1024&height=768

21k from new, fsh, one owner but with torn hood (vandalised by the look of it).

The streetka looks good in Red most of them are that blue colour.

I recon these probably have the same weird 8v engine that's in the SportsKA. They don't have a zetec or anything in them I dunno if that'll cause part availability problems.,