PLEEEZE can we buy this beige Princess as our Forum share-o-car??? [NO]

Guest Breadvan72

Guest Breadvan72

Come on, if we all put in a ten or a twenty, we will be laughing.  We can take turns to park it up outside our gaffs and get ASBOs from the cops and injunctions from our neighbours.

We can stuff the boot with tattered copies of Jalopy/tied up school girls etc.   We can get a moody insurance certificate in the name of Ron Giffer, and keep his hat on the back shelf with a tin of sweets. 

What say you?

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C451802

• Like 4

What say you?

No.

All that 'This car was purchased by a Mr Juxtoposition-Wankspot of Sleaford who collected it from Twat & Bagley Austin Rover'  gets right on my tits. So I'm out.

• Like 1

These things are shocking, but oh so desirable. Certain people with at least 2, and 65 page threads have so much to answer for.

Although I'm aghast at the cost. Given the seller do you reckon we could get a motability scootay for the boot?

That way It can be abandoned upon OMGBL failures, whilst still managing to get the Werthers home in a timely manner

• Like 2

No.

All that 'This car was purchased by a Mr Juxtoposition-Wankspot of Sleaford who collected it from Twat & Bagley Austin Rover'  gets right on my tits. So I'm out.

You can't drive our wedge then! :-P

Right, sorry for a 3rd post.

In all seriousness I am totally and genuinly up for it. But: 195 of us would have to throw in a tenner...are there even that many of us?

But if 39 of us chipped in £50 quid, we could do it...

EDIT: And that's before beating the seller down, if you're into beating people down.

• Like 1

I don't think I would want to chip in as I do not want any responsibility for the maintenance or upkeep of another car, especially a BL one, as I can barely be arsed or afford to look after the ones I have already. 

I do not want any responsibility for the maintenance or upkeep of another car, especially a BL one, as I can barely be arsed or afford to look after the ones I have already. 

Me too, but I'd still be up for some sort of scheme since presumably someone else could do all the hard work

• Like 2

That particular car has been for sale for a while now, I'm sure it used to be up at something heady like £2,750, but £2,000 is more reasonable.  That said, I'd be surprised if he got more than £1,200 for it at the moment and £1,500 on a good day.  It needs a lot of fettling visually and some much better pictures to make it worth the punt really.

If it were a proper HLS with an auto it might be an easier sell, especially if it were in a better colour as this one is in just about the worst colour they were painted (trumped only by Champagne Beige).

As a serial Princess owner and promoter even I would say a group buy on this would be daft.  As the name suggests, they can be pretty high maintenance.

• Like 2

Hey, I have a better idea. Why don't I bring my beige Princess to [insert Autoshite event here] and I'll have a Tombola, the winner of which gets to drive it about the place for as long as it takes for the next thing to go wrong on it.

Hey, I have a better idea. Why don't I bring my beige Princess to [insert Autoshite event here] and I'll have a Tombola, the winner of which gets to drive it about the place for as long as it takes for the next thing to go wrong on it.

Be lucky if they got to start it;-)

its telling that you are counseling against such cheese shaped tomfoolery as suggested by a man of the law..

Guest Breadvan72

I will put £100 in.  I am rubbish at haggling.  Who here is good at it?    

Freak out the seller if 97 shiters turn up simultaneously to kick the tyres and sit in the back saying "does it get radio 2?"  

HOW MUCH!!!???

We could have TEN non running project share o cars for that many pictures of the Queen.

Which would be better, because then we could all moan about storage costs, working in the cold, rain and give up and try and palm them off on other forum members ad infinitum

Keeping us all in fresh FS threads for ever.

You know it makes shite sense.

• Like 4

It's a lovely idea but I think the scheme would work better with a darker cheaper newer French 4 door saloon.

In green by any chance?

I can't afford the chuck in £100 but I'll happily write a cheque for £50.

But lets think about the boring bits. Who will keep the car when nobody is driving it, who will it registered too, and what would we do about insurence? Not putting the mockers on it, I'm very taken with the idea but it's stuff we need to think about.

Oh for the days when you could buy a t&t'd one for a hundred or two, or even be given one free. And those days were only a few years ago. What the Hell has gone wrong with people/prices nowadays?

I will put £100 in.  I am rubbish at haggling.  Who here is good at it?    

I'll offer £120

that's how this haggling thing works, right?