The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

2 minutes ago, Iamgroot said:

Did they think you should have had an l plate?

He said it was just a random check and didn't seem arsed about my Barry Sheen attempt at a roundabout 1/2 mile away.

Naturally, when you buy an FJ1200 which has a fubared back wheel and needs fork seals and a front tyre, the only logical option is to graft a thunderace front end onto it and adapt and fit a thundercat back wheel (17" instead of 16" and wider tyres) The thunderace front end bought on eBay for 99p and kindly shitely'd to me by @AnnoyingPentiumIMG_20240622_162634590_HDR.jpg.6c8de8852f306c22a5cbdc21763d61b7.jpg

On 22/06/2024 at 13:35, Iamgroot said:

Did they think you should have had an l plate?

On 22/06/2024 at 13:37, UltraWomble said:

"Do you realise that's not a proper Fizzy sir?" 

'fuck me, bit rough lookin for 16 int ya'

• Haha 3

The geezer on this said it was the first one sold in the UK or something. Quite a smart bike to be fair.

May be an image of 2 people, motorcycle and text

The exhaust looks like a vent from an oil refinery though.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

The exhaust looks like a vent from an oil refinery though.

Do they have a catalytic converter fitted? I saw the 302 and hoped it might be cubic inches! 🤣

One of the number plate bracket bolts jumped ship again the other day on the C200.  Most Lambrettas would be proud to shed as many things as this bike does. Have put a longer bolt with a nylock nut on it now, maybe that will do the job? The two float bowl screws are also showing signs of their usual habit of working loose, visible by the small leak of fuel coming from the carb. Again needs longer bolts/screws, but because one doesn't have a nut that isn't helping, so will try and remedy that and use some threadlocker at the same time.

Bitten the bullet with the RD50, the pedals are going to come off as I've bought a front foot peg assembly for it, which arrived today, but fuck knows how it bolts on.

• Like 2