Volvo 780

155V6

The article says they came with a 167 Bhp V6,or a 122Bhp Turbodiesel.The last cars had a 200Bhp 4-cylinder Turbo.Reminds me of the Rover 800 Coupe as they were expensive compared to the saloons,the last cars cost 31,000 pounds in 1990 :o

I'd love a 780, but very rare over here, They were pretty much hand built by Bertone, however they rotted badly, and none of the panels are exchangable with the saloon.

The 780 was LHD only IIRC.

oh well, in that case ignore what I said as bollocks then, but it looks mighty similar and American looking RHD Volvo...
Not the legendarily awful 262C?

Posted Image

My geography teacher had one when I was in school. Gloriously kitsch in a cod Yank stylee. Seats looked mega comfy but it needed a gun turret..

Anyone ever seen one over here?.I bought one of those models(Mk 1 Fiesta Ghia)that come with a magazine,& in it there's a couple of pages on the 780 Coupe but I can't remember ever seeing one :?

Is this a magazine that is out now??
I don't think so,I got mine from a show I went to yesterday for a pound each.The magazine is called A Century of Cars,it's one of those that you can buy the 1st few in the shops,& then you have to subscribe.There's a website on the magazine,but it doesn't seem to work http://www.acenturyofcars.com .The magazine is dated 2003 though,so it's probably not available any more :cry:

That's probably the Solido model which is the same casting as the Detail Cars one. Is it metallic green with a brown or black coloured vinyl roof? Solido & Corgi supplied the models for that series. I subscribed to it at the time it was out but.......GRRRRR!!! - Hachette, bloody Hachette the publishers cocked everything up :evil::evil: When I subscribed the form said I could pay with switch so I filled it all in, sent it off then waited. When the first one or two finally arrived (they always sent them two at a time) the next form I had to fill in said Switch wasn't available & since I don't own a credit card I had to pay with a cheque. So again I filled it all in & sent it off, waited for something like a month at a time for the next batch to arrive. One time I was a little late sending the cheque off to them, so I received a reminder (basically it worked in arrears I think.....you received the models then you had to send payment after, or you wouldn't receive the next two....something like that), so I sent them off the cheque for the outstanding ones, then bizarrely as if they were punishing me for late payment, that was it I never received anymore models despite being subscribed. Never had anything more from them, I did try ringing them, can't remember what they said, something like that I still owed them the money or something & I said I'd paid for the last batch I'd received but had had nothing since. Anyway that was the end of that after I'd only received a handful of models. Wasn't too upset as they were basically cheap, not particularly well made, undetailed versions of the models in their normal ranges. So no, I wouldn't bother dealing with Hachette again, as they themselves clearly can't be bothered.A collection of partworks that I did successfully complete & I was much more interested in was one that was around at the same time as the Century of Cars & I subscribed with WH Smith to receive every fortnight & that was the 'Porsche Model Collection' £4.99 every fortnight & there was 50 odd model Porsches in the collection & I completed it which I was quite happy about :D

They did a diesel version? Yow!

I want.

Posted Image

here in the background, you can see only one of his 780's (and his 760's)

The celica on the foreground is from the same owner

Is that his BX estate too? That's a winner's car for sure.