Yet another old Renault - whaddya reckon?

wuvvum

Posted Image

Posted Image

1955, complete except for windscreen (but there's one advertised on the RCCC site, and failing that they're flat so should be fairly easy to get one made), non-runner at the minute but the engine turns over so won't be too hard to get going. Hunnert and five squid. Good buy or more trouble than it's worth?

I think Mrs SL might draw the line at storing that one here :lol: The R5 looks out of place enough as it is...

See that's the great thing with it - it's so small I can squeeze it in next to the Volvos in front of the garage. Or buy a Transit van and park it in the back of that.

Get it bought pronto, and paint it original colours man!!!!!! What are you thinking of with all the hesitating??? I would be driving it like it is.................with a screen though.....

Oh I'm not hesitating - I've already agreed to buy it. I'm just wondering if I've bitten off more than I can chew, what with the scarcity of parts for these things in the UK.

That is super chic. Brush paint it light blue, watch Jean De Florette three times in a row, and drive around smoking Gauloises Blondes with the biggest baguette you can find on the passenger seat, and pretend your a rural french peasant.The after you have done your kroozin sit at home admiring it through the front window with a small glass of Pernod or Ricard Pastis.In short, I'm hopelessy jealous.

I think the combination of left hand drive and crash gearbox will have me kangarooing around for several months before I can think about dressing up or smoking Gauloises while driving the thing. I'll have to use the Renault 6 to satisfy my dressing-up-as-a-French-peasant urges for the time being...

LHD in the UK is so cool.......reversing round Macdonalds is great to see the people following you...................when the spotty git at the window asks you why you go backwards, and you tell him its a LHD, and he says " Why not bring a friend?" You reply "Friends!, with cars like this,who needs friends???" I did it regularly in a 205 diesel when living in Lincoln. Trust me, it's a hoot.

Go for it, bargain at that price as well !Doesn't look like its too bad really, as long as its not rotten it should be ok and parts are available in France and a fair few come up on garlicbay.I drove one of them a few years ago, in all honesty it was not far short of frightening and I was somewhat glad when it broke down and had to complete the rest of the journey courtesy of the RAC...

No idea. I spoke to the guy round there who runs a little resto business a couple of years ago and he said it belonged to customer who left it there for work and then disappeared or something. Been there years apparently. There's probably a good chance it could be bought I expect. I think I may even have the blokes phone number somewhere.

There is a few around this haddnt moved for a while either :shock:

Posted Image

Posted Image

It was still there a couple of weeks ago :cry:

The vehicle details for ESV 872 are:

Date of Liability 01 06 2008

Date of First Registration 25 03 1986

Year of Manufacture 1956

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 750CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable