One (shite) picture per post.

mk1_4dr

9 hours ago, Austat said:

2101449045_FriskyvsPrefect.thumb.jpg.b75f9d69c8cede12a4513856e3c4ac84.jpg

We had one of those 50's Prefects in the 1960's - still had a side-valve engine, 3 speed gearbox, vacuum wipers - (they slowed down the faster you drove) and no heater fitted- regularly iced up inside in the winter. Ah those were the days.

Replacement was a Mini - that had a rotten sub-frame at 5 years old and failed it's MoT...

2 hours ago, lesapandre said:

We had one of those 50's Prefects in the 1960's - still had a side-valve engine, 3 speed gearbox, vacuum wipers - (they slowed down the faster you drove) …

Yep, my Dad briefly had a Mk II Zodiac (acquired one year for driving down to South Africa on holiday) with the same setup, in rain as you pulled out to overtake and accelerated forward visibility went as the wipers ground to a halt!

5 hours ago, lesapandre said:

We had one of those 50's Prefects in the 1960's - still had a side-valve engine, 3 speed gearbox, vacuum wipers - (they slowed down the faster you drove) and no heater fitted- regularly iced up inside in the winter. Ah those were the days.

Replacement was a Mini - that had a rotten sub-frame at 5 years old and failed it's MoT...

My Dad had one too, bought nearly new in about 1963. Ours was a Popular (2dr). Ours had a heater though ( optional extra) but I remember that 3 speed box regular jammed . According to the Speedo it could do 70 ( followed by a smoke screen 007 would have been proud of), but I don’t suppose it was anywhere near that.