WorldOfCeri's Quality Spottery.

worldofceri

• 1 month later...

Here's one form my holidays I forgot about:

I haven't looked up 'tram' in the dictionary but I'm pretty sure an old milk float dressed up to resemble a one-third scale double decker bus doesn't fit the description. Nice try though.

P6300045.jpg

Another 'where am I' for BMC Dan.

DSC00422.jpg

Recently imported Piaggio three wheeler. But why? Would one need a reason? Of course not.

DSC00418.jpg

Let's have some motorway spots now. No prizes for guessing where I was heading when I spied this Saab.

DSC00424.jpg

As seen in Trigger's recent NASC show thread.

DSC00444.jpg

Nice Dyane. Shame about the shite on my windscreen.

DSC00448.jpg

I think* this massive Yank tank was towing the apparatus TV crews use to film people 'driving' in a car. Behind the rear-facing seats the trailer had a simple, very low, flat bed.

DSC00443.jpg

Tidy Moggy with bonus Orion in the background!

DSC00442.jpg

If I were a horse and someone turned up to take me somewhere in this, I'd do my damnedest to smash a hole in the floor as I climbed aboard so that I wouldn't have to go.

DSC00425.jpg

P6 on axle stands.

DSC00440.jpg

I've seen this Scirocco around a few times. It's on a P plate and is absolutely mint.

DSC00450.jpg

The Senator here actually has less than 24000 miles on the clock and the interior looks totally unmarked. Gave me a serious craving for a bit of soft velour action. Jaguar was nice too but not £3K nice by any means.

DSC00434.jpg

Asking price for this is £900. GR9 for an increasingly inappropriately named Luxobarges-Are-Us (it's in Sheffield).

DSC00451.jpg

• 1 month later...

Abandoned Rover.

DSC00479.jpg

Covert camera-work fail.

DSC00476.jpg

Military section:

DSC00473.jpg

I love seeing stuff like this parked up on a council estate or wherever. Bet his neighbours love him etc..

DSC00464.jpg

Manta.

DSC00463.jpg

Possibly my favourite Ferrari. Don't know why, I guess I just like the shape.

DSC00458.jpg

Triumph Stag in Taken Out On Drizzly Day Shocker.

DSC00457.jpg

Corolla.

DSC00456.jpg

Austin was on the bottle bank run.

DSC00455.jpg

Bedord camper section:

DSC00480.jpg

This one's my fave. See background for an insight into my shite (working) life.

DSC00485.jpg

P+H? Does your yard have a 'rogue's gallery' type corner, where all the crashed motors go to be cannibalised? Dunfermline's does, and it's something to see!

Anyhow, is it just me who's wondering if the A35 would go on the roof the Landy next to it? :lol: I'm sure Brownchurch would have a roofrack strong enough to give it a go.

P+H? Does your yard have a 'rogue's gallery' type corner, where all the crashed motors go to be cannibalised?

No, the crashed motors seem to disappear fairly quickly. Perhaps they tow them to Dunfermline! There used to be a few of our old Ivecos at the local dealer, gradually being stripped, but we don't use them any more. In fact we don't buy Ivecos any more; you know a lorry's shite when it's too shite even for Palmer and Harvey.

Is that your daily ride on the double yellows behind?

Yes and no. I drive for P&H full time but we rarely get the same truck two days running.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply but the Gazelle wagon looks like it's leaving the Shell garage in Adeyfield? Think it belongs to an antique dealer type as I've seen it parked outside Tring auctions a few times. Also recognise the FWD septic (Pontiac?) from near Bennetts End shops, owner has a white example too. 8)

I spotted this on the way back from picking up The Boy from nursery school. Not sure what to make of it but it seems pretty well done. Looks to be on LPG.

PA200080.jpg

A local dealer has this Acclaim. I can't see him shifting it very quickly as he's asking £1700.

DSC00492.jpg

These next few are all at the same place...

DSC00497.jpg

This is a 1961 Leyland according to the DVLA and is taxed.

DSC00495.jpg

Little 'n' large.

DSC00493.jpg

Roadline boxes!

DSC00494.jpg

This fella appeared to have his wheelchair lashed to the roof rack. Reskpect!

DSC00498.jpg

And another crusty camper...

DSC00503.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Quick update. Not a lot spotted lately (at least not with phone to hand).

First, a mouldy Type 2, no doubt on it's way to having an actual shit-load of money spent on it.

DSC00507.jpg

One for fans of bike-shite? I know nowt about 'em but I suspect this MZ is a rare beast.

DSC00509.jpg

Ãœber-minty.

DSC00508.jpg

And my fave, Renault 25. I really like the styling of Renaults of this era.

DSC00514.jpg

Nice spot, that MZ. There were loads of them about, back in the day, but they've been thrashed to death, and maintained with string and duck tape. Probly loads hiding in sheds/back gardens* awaiting resurrection. Post-Glasnost MZ became MuZ, had to ditch the 'strokers, and made some nice simple, practical bikes with Yam/Rotax engines in instead.

And I've got a big soft spot for R25's, so I'm glad to see that one too!

*E.G., the orange CZ hiding out the back of our house right now... :oops:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

MkI Golf; Giffer-driven.

DSC00550.jpg

DSC00548.jpg

Sun-Tor! Local to me, with bonus LDV.

DSC00554.jpg

Tax/SORN expired on this in 2010.

DSC00556.jpg

I've got to say I liked the look of this in Dutch racing orange.

DSC00557.jpg

Team up with your local cash for scrap gold outfit and take sticker-bombing your Vee-Dub to the next level.

DSC00558.jpg

The vehicle details for GYW 278N are:

Date of Liability 01 11 1974

Date of First Registration 01 11 1974

Year of Manufacture 1974

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2000cc

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type PETROL

Export Marker N

Vehicle Status Unlicensed with Keeper Change

Vehicle Colour RED

So this honey's never been taxed?

DSC00561.jpg

Worth some illegal phone-cam action for this one I reckon.

DSC00562.jpg

DSC00563.jpg

Check out the sheep on the roof. Odd.

DSC00566.jpg

And for the second update running, I'll finish with a Capri.

DSC00581.jpg

Shorely must be some DVLA snafu with that Fiat Dino? Double points for it being towed behind a G-reg Tranny, too.

If Autoshite did Top Trumps*, I reckon that SunTor Marina in Limeflower would be the equivalent of a Lamborghini Countach :D.

*Now there's an idea.

• 1 month later...

Apparently it's been ten years since Renault lost their mind and decided to try flogging their Avantime over here.

To celebrate this anniversary the owners club, for some reason, chose Coventry's Transport Museum as a venue for the creation of a single-model avant-garde car park.

I figured it would be rude of me to not brave the drizzle and head down with my camera.

P1010217.jpg

P4070244.jpg

P4070243.jpg

P4070220.jpg

P4070219.jpg

P4070218.jpg

P4070222.jpg

P4070221.jpg

P4070223.jpg

P4070224.jpg

Apparently it's been ten years since Renault lost their mind and decided to try flogging their Avantime over here.

To celebrate this anniversary the owners club, for some reason, chose Coventry's Transport Museum as a venue for the creation of a single-model avant-garde car park.

I figured it would be rude of me to not brave the drizzle and head down with my camera.

What a brilliant turn-out. I met a few owners with mine at Goodwood Breakfast club French day a few years ago. Mike Widlof seems a really decent bloke, and there was an older couple from Hampton with the first and last Avantimes - and a Mk 1 Honda Insight - were an interesting pair.

Seeing that many Avantimes in one place just makes me smile!

P4070222.jpg

I reckon this is a calendar shot: because it's the kind of shot that would be in a brochure, but instead of being somewhere sunny, like say Nice, it's a damp afternoon in Cov. Perfecto.

I reckon the surreal-ness of the Avantimes caused the parking lines to follow suit.

The 'parking lines' are what you might pretentiously call an artistic installation.

They represent the times zones across the world; the small metal discs being the locations of various cities. There are lights that illuminate according to the time of day and, apparently, you can tell the time by it, although I've never been arsed to figure out how.

I'm surprised more clubs don't make use of this space for rallies and gatherings; it's completely free on application to the museum.

• 1 month later...

Well, I know 'Drive It Day'â„¢ is soooo last month-but-one but here's a quick retrospective of that grey day in April. Except it was bright and sunny where I was, suckers! Yes, that's right, I happened upon possibly the warmest Drive-It-Dayâ„¢ when I was over at my Dad's in Gibraltar.

No sooner had I noticed in the local rag that the Gib car club were having a bit of a drive out, and were parking up for lunch just around the corner, the first motors buzzed past the window... So we wandered round for a bit of a nosey; I irked the family by insisting on looking at every car, thus delaying our picnic. But not by much; since there doesn't seem to be much of a car-scene in Gibraltar it wasn't exactly a massive turnout, but still I thought I'd share. I don't have any info on the cars; I think the owners must have been safely in the bar by the time I got there!

Eldest participant, this Morris still wore UK plates. Not licensed according to DVLA though so it must be a 'ghost' as far as the authorities are concerned.

P4220317.jpg

P4220319.jpg

P4220330.jpg

P4220321.jpg

P4220323.jpg

P4220322.jpg

P4220327.jpg

There are still plenty of old-style raised-digit number plates about as they were commonly fitted until quite recently when they moved over to the new-style UK font. This VW could be on it's original plates. Star of the show for me in any case.

P4220326.jpg

It took a long while, but when the authorities finally exhausted the series G1 to G99999 the next series issued was G1000A to G9999A. No such thing as an age-related mark here, like the Merc above, this Triumph hasn't been long imported. They're up to about G4000D now.

P4220328.jpg

P4220325.jpg

Although it appears at first to be a naturally occurring waterfall, this is actually the outflow from Gibraltar's desalination plant, from which they get all their drinking water.

P4220333.jpg

P4220332.jpg

There are no personalised plates in Gib, but low numbers are often obtained and transferred from car to car for novelty/sentimental/ostentatious reasons. As per this DS.

P4220336.jpg

P4220335.jpg

Not from the car club line-up but parked up near my Dad's apartment, this Austin has, judging by the registration, been imported fairly recently. The badge on the front is from a rally in Lancashire in 1997. I really hope someone drove it all the way through Spain!

P4240360.jpg

And a general spot to finish. This Maruti is more typical of an old car in Gibraltar.

P4240361.jpg

Awesome Photos.

Although it appears at first to be a naturally occurring waterfall, this is actually the outflow from Gibraltar's desalination plant, from which they get all their LHM.

EFA