PaykanHunter (Rootes Arrow Series & Iranian PAYKAN)

PaykanHunter

!!!URGENT!!! This 1968 Sunbeam Arrow, located in eastern Oregon, is in grave danger of getting scrapped by its current owner. If you think you can save this car please contact the owner or myself Shahin@paykanhunter.com

According to my extensive research into Rootes Arrow series for my Blog: http://www.PaykanHunter.com there are only 3 Arrow Wagon exist in the US, including this one. Somebody needs to save this car! :cry:

http://eastoregon.craigslist.org/cto/2393141941.html

3k03o13p65T15Q55R2b5m2d2985a56ad11c4f.jpg

3m13od3l95Y45Z25R6b5m69c21ea98df217c4.jpg

3n63oa3l05Z05Q35P3b5mbfc0bee6e2eb1798.jpg

3mc3o13lb5Q25Z05R0b5md49077a311a913ad.jpg

• 2 months later...

Who said Hunters were Meek?!... Ha?!.... :shock:

Simply Spectacular!!! This is Ernest's Holbay Hunter, pictures were taken over the past ten years. The car has been re-shelled two years ago, the most recent photos are the JIH 536 reg. Wish I could say my Dad's Paykan was as fast as this one! :cry:

photo%2B1-1.jpg

photo%2B2.jpg

photo%2B1-2.jpg

photo%2B3-1.jpg

photo%2B4.jpg

photo%2B2-4.jpg

• 2 months later...

What you witnessing here is the glorious 1.6L Hillman Avenger engine, all Paykans were fitted with the Avenger engine since early 80s, when Rootes went boobs up.

Then for the last few years of production Iran khodro fuel injected them producing something around 90HP, don't get too excited now.... It is smooth power but I have heard that it has lots of electrical issues. Last Paykan saloon was produced in 2005, but they are still building the PickUp version called BARDO.

Also notice the very sophisticated Hood Inner that all Paykans were fitted with, something very unique to them, no other Arrow series had Hood Inner.

6169372065_3de81cbe8f_b.jpg

Does it also come with those two powerful under-bonnet (Hood ? surely that's "criminal" ??) floodlites as standard ?? :shock:

I had to write something, shahin, no one else wants to !! :roll: mohklesim.

Thank you my dear friend Lovejoy, I know Paykan is not getting any Shite respect around here :cry: But to answer your questions, no those lights are not standard; but they are very handy during the multiple breakdowns! :D Ma Ham Mokhlesim! ;)

By the way.... found another Hunter the other day, down a side road near me. Haven't been able to get a photo yet, but I will at some point. I found a lovely one for sale in Limassol a while back*: light green metallic, about 1973, for a mere 1500 euros. Really should have bought it...

*Like about two years now..... :shock:

By the way.... found another Hunter the other day, down a side road near me. Haven't been able to get a photo yet, but I will at some point. I found a lovely one for sale in Limassol a while back*: light green metallic, about 1973, for a mere 1500 euros. Really should have bought it...

*Like about two years now..... :shock:

Cool!... Please take a snap for my Blog. And yes you should have bought it, every man should experience what owning a Paykan is like! :lol:

every man should experience what owning a Paykan is like! :lol:

It would have been a nostalgia trip...

WhiteHillman-vi.jpg

Me, 1982, with my 1967 Minx 1725 Automatic. I think this was before I started upgrading the interior.

Sceptre-vi.jpg

And 18 months later I had this. 1969 Sceptre with overdrive. The only car I've had that was stolen from me. I did get it back but it never felt the same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A Sunbeam version seen at Canvey Island Transport Museum in Essex way back in 2004!

sunbea10.jpg

Awesome! Yes I've seen photos of this car before, Rootes discontinued the Singer name in 1970, and then re-badged the left over Singer Vogue as Sunbeam Vogue, very rare indeed, cause the Sunbeam name was only used for the exported models of the Arrow series. Thanks for posting the photo! ;)

• 3 weeks later...