Jump to content

Collection Thread - Dream or Drama?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Cass (Daihatsu Sirion) is dead. Clutch has had enough and left the chat. That coupled with the catastrophic oil leak and tappy engine means she's not worth saving.

So I've been trawling the internet for 'an car' just to get me to work and back. Had to be Ulez, 5 door and not silly tax/insurance.

Yes, there's plenty about even on my kind of budget, but so much crap. Broken Peugeots, tired looking Micras and suspiciously cheap Hyundais aplenty. Not to mention wading through the 'spares and repairs' and 'just one little fault' ads.

Then it appeared. The one. Not the cheapest, best or economical, but something I could love.

Hopefully collecting today, all being well.

More info to follow....

Posted

Wow Amelia you have the most startlingly bad luck with cars - the Black Widow of the used car section 

  • Haha 3
Posted

In 'just my luck', my sister who was going to drive me to get the car now can't make it - meaning I have to find another option .

Collection on hold for now. 

Posted

Bloody hell Amelia, are you trying to beat my car owning score (over 850)?

Posted

Change of plans....

We're in the Sirion and making our way to pick up the new car......  please sacrifice any tributes to the car goddesses to let us get there okay.

  • Like 3
Posted

Oh joy....

Stuck in traffic which is so bloody fun when your clutch is holding on with the last of its life support.....

Posted

Chodspeed, slowly. 

  • Agree 2
Posted

Well  the new car was no drama at all.

Ok, so it needs a wheel bearing and it is FILTHY inside and smells of dog, but it's mechanically decent and mostly solid.

Obligatory fuel station photo

20260823_160231.jpg

Posted

Looks good, the guy filling up his BMW is also checking it out 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Posted
2 hours ago, Amelia said:

Well  the new car was no drama at all.

Ok, so it needs a wheel bearing and it is FILTHY inside and smells of dog, but it's mechanically decent and mostly solid.

Obligatory fuel station photo

20260823_160231.jpg

God. Damn.

You've completely upstaged my Demio that couldn't be less solid if it was raised from the Titanic. 

Posted

Love the MOT sarcasm.....

🎶 Sill crazy after all these years.... 😉

Wellbort

🚙💨

Posted
2 hours ago, Amelia said:

Well  the new car was no drama at all.

Ok, so it needs a wheel bearing and it is FILTHY inside and smells of dog, but it's mechanically decent and mostly solid.

Obligatory fuel station photo

20260823_160231.jpg

Still disappointed that the stereo will have to be replaced as it’s erroring and the accompanying CD player is missing, mainly because it has a bloody cassette tape player….. I was so looking forward to having to grab a tape mid play and chew on our journey’s….

Seriously though, you certainly have introduced me to quite a variety of cars already. Looking forward to seeing what we do with this one, 

Posted

blimey, I thought my Panda was grim when I bought it

20250820_164717.jpg

  • Sad 2
Posted

Amelia please wear a bio hazard suit when cleaning this beasty..

 

was it in twydall?

Posted
13 minutes ago, stuboy said:

Amelia please wear a bio hazard suit when cleaning this beasty..

 

was it in twydall?

I know I'll be avoiding wearing white/light  summer dresses for a while!

It was in Biggleswade. From Newport originally. Think it was a farmers dog transport by the state of it! 

Posted
2 hours ago, Amelia said:

I'm not kidding about the dirt....

20260823_171431.jpg

20260823_171428.jpg

20260823_171411.jpg

20260823_171346.jpg

20260823_171340.jpg

Pure filth. Nice knob tho...😀

Posted
1 hour ago, Amelia said:

More pics, at home.

 

20260823_192124.jpg

20260823_192129.jpg

Aww, cute

Posted
9 hours ago, Amelia said:

I'm not kidding about the dirt....

20260823_171431.jpg

20260823_171428.jpg

20260823_171411.jpg

20260823_171346.jpg

20260823_171340.jpg

I think we need to renew our tetanus shots….

Posted

Good score. 
Pretty clean on the outside though that interior! Looks like the hounds had a dirty protest in it, then it was cleaned by leaving the doors open in a light shower. That passed quickly. 

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2
Posted

I once bought a Carlton estate that had been "used for ferrying pedigree dogs to shows in"

What actually happened was the hounds had been left to run riot in the back seat and boot spaces,with crap,piss and puke all just left to soak into those lovely beige velour seats Vauxhall had back then.

Gave up trying to clean it up on day 2,filled it with scrap and sent it to Chapman's scrapyard near Oswestry ...

  • Like 1
Posted
3 hours ago, Rustybullethole said:

Good score. 
Pretty clean on the outside though that interior! Looks like the hounds had a dirty protest in it, then it was cleaned by leaving the doors open in a light shower. That passed quickly. 

We’ve got our work cut out for us for sure. I swear I’ve got wet dog smell stuck up my nose at the moment. I can smell it everywhere. @Amelia raided the towels this morning for the ones we do not use so she could drive to work and not have anything mingling transferred to her. Oh and she’s been to the supermarket already to be armed and ready for the clean up when she gets back.  

For me, I'm also worried about the old cobwebs and how many dried up 8 legged momster husks we’ll find.  *shudders*. 
 

Still, it works, Amelia loves it, her son loves it and I know together we’re going to have some fun with this one. 

  • Like 3
Posted
2 hours ago, Dillon said:

For me, I'm also worried about the old cobwebs and how many dried up 8 legged momster husks we’ll find.  *shudders*. 
 

I cleaned the cobwebs out this morning, didn't fancy a nasty surprise on the A13...

2 hours ago, Dillon said:

I know together we’re going to have some fun with in this one. 

Maybe...  😜😏 but only AFTER it is fumigated! 

Posted
21 hours ago, 320touring said:

Awesome! Now go get your B class Licence in Gran Turismo😃

That's surely the first thing anyone thinks of when they see a Demio, even non-gamers!  I still remember getting my licence and thinking "finally, I won't have to drive that thing again" - won the first championship you enter, checked the prize car in my garage....D'OH!

Posted
11 minutes ago, Amelia said:

I cleaned the cobwebs out this morning, didn't fancy a nasty surprise on the A13...

chomped by tarantulas 🤣

Posted
17 hours ago, Amelia said:

I'm not kidding about the dirt....

20260823_171431.jpg

20260823_171428.jpg

20260823_171411.jpg

20260823_171346.jpg

20260823_171340.jpg

It's a shame Autoshine Cars shut up shop, that would have been perfect for him!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...