Jump to content

The ShiteLK Thread - The End


Recommended Posts

Posted

A good start!

Saabnut wasn't lying about the fuel leak. 

This is where it was parked:

IMG_20260530_122400.jpg.182811982b79706c0faedb4d58ca1e94.jpg

I reversed it about twice its own length and it did this;

IMG_20260530_122450.jpg.1533e9bbabfdf0e9ba59dffe40a86149.jpg

He then exclaimed "oh my god, switch it off! It's absolutely pissing out!"

So here it shall sit;

IMG_20260530_122420.jpg.eb794325b388fe051764302975c98746.jpg

It will be delivered sometime in the middle of June once he's back from his holiday. However, I own it on paper now, and it's SORNed.

From the brief (very brief) drive I had, it runs really well!

I'm having lunch in Stonehaven and I can still almost smell the petrol.

Posted

That was such a great 'buy'. Look forward to reading more about it. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Posted
2 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

That was such a great 'buy'. Look forward to reading more about it. 

I didn't even take any photos of the interior.

It's a wee bit mouldy and the bottom half of the dashboard has just fallen completely off.

Posted
On 30/05/2026 at 15:53, Supernaut said:

I didn't even take any photos of the interior.

It's a wee bit mouldy and the bottom half of the dashboard has just fallen completely off.

TADTS ask my wife 

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

A (tiny) bit of progress. ShiteLK is now loaded on the trailer but my tie down straps are in use on my other trailer. I have another set on order which should be here in the next couple of days so maybe one evening later in the week delivery may just be possible.

IMG_32531.JPG.b829c95fbfe6e9d301cbf36c08321195.JPG

Posted
13 hours ago, Saabnut said:

A (tiny) bit of progress. ShiteLK is now loaded on the trailer but my tie down straps are in use on my other trailer. I have another set on order which should be here in the next couple of days so maybe one evening later in the week delivery may just be possible.

IMG_32531.JPG.b829c95fbfe6e9d301cbf36c08321195.JPG

I was thinking of asking for an update, but here we are!

I should put the loader back on the tractor and tidy up the loader stand, as all that stuff is currently taking up the spot where I'd like to put the ShiteLK.

Posted

ShiteLK space is now cleared.

IMG_20260623_112427.jpg.3e1a48b2d9728a9c9092dbabd3a91944.jpg

It'll go under the gazebo at the back there.

The gazebo is protection from the swallows roosting in that bit of the roof.

Posted

One less but no more space (the trailer takes the same amount of room loaded or empty!)

Is it finished yet?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Posted
11 hours ago, Saabnut said:

Is it finished yet?

Give me a few minutes, I'm sure I have some cans of petrol and some matches...

 

My plan today is to lift the back end up onto some axle stands and measure up the fuel lines.

Once it has fuel lines I should be able to start it up and move it around more easily.

  • Like 3
Posted

Aw shite, it's still there this morning.

IMG_20260626_091359.jpg.2d4b30b2adae584f5f740ec5873bd37e.jpg

 

 

So, what does the low low price of £0.00 get you?

IMG_20260626_091454.jpg.def700e2f7cc56059d93282167e65578.jpg

IMG_20260626_091516.jpg.93ba5df84ba231b1b88c006e9e937d9c.jpg

Err, where's the dashboard?

IMG_20260626_091548.jpg.9dc4636598654f8aa59e2ea496fe5f2d.jpg

Ah, there it is!

 

Anyway, I first wanted to measure up the fuel lines.

Assume the position!

IMG_20260626_092650.jpg.acb556a76ad9a8859f858f7b38d0cb5e.jpg

IMG_20260626_094410.jpg.c45d7a7b5e9ac90949882688169b87c5.jpg

I measured them as 10mm external diameter. Is that big for fuel lines?

It's actually only a teeny tiny section that's given up, barely a few inches long.

It has definitely left a small petrol stain overnight, and the shed has that distinctive whiff now.

I also managed to reattach at least a small piece of dashboard before coming back inside.

IMG_20260626_101009.jpg.5a8d5ae9f63dae1abb169fe29b3b1d85.jpg

Posted

Fiddling while Rome burns...

IMG_20260626_114057.jpg.129d02f6c10a4c3c16e80cbd8f02ba3a.jpg

It's in there, and held up by one now crucial screw above the bonnet release.

I also briefly connected up a charged battery and dropped the windows a few cm so I can open and close the doors more easily.

 

I think I'll order the marine grade 10mm internal diameter fuel hose from eBay, then once it arrives I can measure the external diameter and source clips and a flaring tool locally.

I can already tell it'll be a messy and unpleasant job, after doing a clutch line on the BMW recently.

  • Like 3
Posted
36 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

I think I'll order the marine grade 10mm internal diameter fuel hose from eBay,

Might be worth being picky where you order from so you don't get charged for the premium stuff but get whatever they had on the shelf.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Posted
3 hours ago, Tickman said:

Might be worth being picky where you order from so you don't get charged for the premium stuff but get whatever they had on the shelf.

I have ordered from a reputable looking company... Time will tell.

In another fit of fiddling and burning etc. I polished the headlights because I was bored.

IMG_20260626_151120.jpg.65bbdf7e8a35085ac6f178d02c68b615.jpg

Posted

Two years I planned on polishing the lights and yet you have it less than a day :-)

Correct home found.

Posted

It's sitting right there and I'm bored a lof of the time between writing job applications.

It's more productive than shitposting on the internet.

 

I sat in the driver's seat for a couple of minutes yesterday and thought "ooh, I forgot how nice this was" then remembered I was staring right at the very nice and frankly much better condition E36 I've owned for 5 years...🤣

Posted
3 hours ago, Supernaut said:

It's sitting right there and I'm bored a lof of the time between writing job applications.

It's more productive than shitposting on the internet.

 

I sat in the driver's seat for a couple of minutes yesterday and thought "ooh, I forgot how nice this was" then remembered I was staring right at the very nice and frankly much better condition E36 I've owned for 5 years...🤣

Ah but now youve got both. Ideal solution really.

Posted

I'm so good* with numbers that I measured the fuel lines at 10mm and ordered 10mm fuel hose.

Now that it arrived, I measured again and realised I actually need 8mm.

Durr!

Posted

Oh, also.

I just want to start gathering names of anybody interested in taking this on.

I will endeavour to fix the fuel leak so it can be driven - either onto a trailer or to a very ballsy pre booked MOT. I'll also continue tackling the other issues too.

 

The reason is that I have a job interview next week that if I get it will involve moving a fair distance away, so I'd only be taking working and road legal vehicles with me (the Megane and BMW).

Hey, I might not even get the job! I'm just covering my bases.

Posted

Good luck with the interview.
Hope it comes off.

*Looks at the space available weighed against the motivation level...*

Posted
3 minutes ago, Tickman said:

Good luck with the interview.
Hope it comes off.

*Looks at the space available weighed against the motivation level...*

Ditto that - good luck.

Just leaving this here....

image.png.008261c6b5e0db2a2768e4891fdab00f.png

Posted

I don't know.

image.png.12e9bc599f5b0ac56ac0b5622a67319a.png

Something about this just doesn't feel "legit."

I haven't tested its fuel-holding capabilities yet.

  • Haha 1
Posted

Also good luck with the interview man.

My motivation levels are quite good just now 🧐

Posted

I have come up with an outline of a plan for the fuel lines.

While using rubber hoses and clips is an accepted way of doing fuel stuff (like on our Series 1 Land Rover in the engine bay between the fuel pump and the carb), I don't feel happy leaving something underneath the car like that.

Soooo... I just tried an 8mm olive from a plumbing-style compression fitting on there. It fits very nicely.

 

I'm taking a break from it today, but perhaps on Monday I'll go to a plumbing place and source more fittings and some 8mm copper pipe.

  • Like 3
Posted

I found one in better condition, but I already have one so don't need another.

IMG_20260705_133315.jpg.a9da4f6cfe6ac2dff412a3e53f30677c.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Supernaut changed the title to The ShiteLK Thread - The End
Posted

I'm done.

I just pulled several feet of rusty fuel line out from under this with my bare hands.

It's all snapped off somewhere above the fuel tank due to me disturbing it trying to clean it up so I could repair it.

 

Instead, it's fucked.

Now I have a completely immobile automatic Mercedes in my shed, yay! Behold, the consequences of my own actions.

Does anybody want any bits of trim or whatever from it before I start ringing around folk who can take it away for scrap?

 

I don't have the time or energy to drop the fuel tank. I have enough on my plate right now, and I've felt my shite mojo dwindling for a while anyway.

 

 

 

I know that the radio needs to go back to Saabnut at some point, and the roof ECU is good as it was replaced relatively recently. It looks easy enough to remove too.

The seats are quite nice, wonder if I could do something with those.

Posted

Just put it to one side, it wont be eating a piece on the farm surely.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...