The man at the end of my road™

red5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wife was bemused as I did a Insignia-based Frogger to get closer. Cresta E ftw !

Although she did say Vauxhall made stylish old cars/no, I couldn't flag driver down in pretty much the same breath.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

28042009015_zps79c91e45.jpg

That Renault has been moved since a while now, never saw it there since I've been here though. However, the fence has been removed and there is an old S1 Land-Rover and what looks like a very rusty Rover P4.

Those garages are apparently due to be turned into flats or something having spoken to a bloke who was working from there as I was looking to enquire about renting a garage there.

There's at least two others under brambles at back and the end two garages have cars from the 50/60's driven in and left. One's had it's bonnet up since the 80's!

Just behind fence was a anthill mob little motor and a dissolved mini with the engine behind it. Got some pics somewhere.

This was taken post initial clearance - there were two other 18's iirc

Wow! I wonder what the Black car was. The Land Rover is more visible now next to the P4.

What's strange is I thought the garages ended where the Renault was because that's all I can see to from the road.

I also saw a Scirocco next to a barn on the lane which run sort of behind where these cars are (just off Red Hill) but can't get near enough to get a pic.

attachicon.gifDSC_0944.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0945.JPG

Hahhaha.

Thieving tossers. Ask me how I know...

That's where I bought my MK10 from! They used to have a load of old motors in one of the showrooms which, allegedly, had all belonged to the founder/owner of the business. I prised the Jaguar out of hos sticky mitts!

• 3 months later...

post-3776-0-36693300-1466589801_thumb.jpg

My drive from 4 weeks ago.

One gone already, one about to be. Already purchased replacement  - unsurprisingly another early 90's Vauxhall Frontera. This week I r mostly 'livin' in da 90's innit'. Etc.

I have kind of decided that my next purchases will be 90's also. Certainly not eyeing up that cvh jellymould. Oh no. Not at all.  :-)

But wait, there's more.....3 reds incoming...

post-3776-0-82659500-1466601442_thumb.jpg

This is me when I retire/before I die etc. Seriously.

post-3776-0-04819600-1466601527_thumb.jpg

This is not. Although it's a unmolested-sh daily. And therefore rare as feck*

post-3776-0-46808800-1466601575_thumb.jpg

This is my eldest helping. After a car/post interface at a considerable speed for a 1tp vehicle.

He has a duffle coat. They're ace. I want one.

Yes, probably not, but all I see is pineappled/'custom'/'unique' ones it seems. And I don't particularly like the standard ones....