A40 - Scottish Road trip. Utter hero of a car

Matty

4 minutes ago, tooSavvy said:

Hmm.... Ran up, today (... after a wonderful Sundays lunch), by Boulmer and 'Coastal Route' towards Seahouses/Bambrough...

Turned back towards the A1, short of Seahouses, and had to take the 'deviation' because chippings/dressing....

What a fab day [even without a clutch ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ]...

Vroooom ๐Ÿง ... ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ”ง

๐Ÿš™๐Ÿ’จ

Oh it were Savvy. Brilliant weekend (hard fucking work mind) but memorable. In Seahouses now it's cracking the flags and not a breath of wind. I'm having my tea and taking them to the Ship and get em pissed.

Cars been so good it deserves to get home under its own steam so cross your fingers for me pal.

Ahhh poo!

Hopefully it'll not be a fight to fix it.

Mind you. That's still a win in my book if that's the only issue you've had.ย 

Aye, I'm trying to put a positive spin on the situation. But hopefully you'll understand what I mean.

• Matty changed the title to A40 - Scottish Road trip. Utter hero of a car
10 hours ago, yes oui si said:

As resident Northumbrian, enjoy it. Drop me a message if you want a beautiful road to some nice ice cream for when you leave Seahouses :)

Shame I've only just seen this. Tbf though I was tear arsing back up to Edinburgh to get it mended (totally bodged but it worked) and I was that on pins I doubt I could've eaten anythingย ๐Ÿคฃ.

Beautiful part of the world mind, but then you already know!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, hairnet said:

not so bad - slight inconvenience but coulda been been less simple to fix

does z3 man get slagged for doing it wrong :D

reliable tvr shock :D

ย 

That TVR is a very cheap Griffith 500. Bought because it had been off the road a while due to rotten outriggers. He done the work but that's the furthest it's been bar a lap of Burnley so we were all surprised it didn't put a foot wrong. I drove it back from Edinburghย  to Seahouses last night. Bit addictive both the noise and the grunt. Drives well in fairness.

@Matty.. Yes, we [who have easy access to the delights of Northumberland] consider ourselves very fortunate indeed!

The North Shields ferry, DFDS, unloads legions of Euro dwellers who choose to come and see..... Agreed, perhaps enrout up the A1, to Arthur's Seat ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ.

Glad you got to sample & savour the gig ๐Ÿ˜‰

What a jalopy to roar through in ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ”ง

๐Ÿš™๐Ÿ’จ

All in door to door we've done 1200 miles in 4 days. On many occasion my dad's been cursed under our breath for dreaming big and planning poorlyย ๐Ÿ˜„.

But it's been done. And I'm glad we did. Would I do it again in a car that old? Nah I'll take the memories but fuck that! A nice couple of days pottering round the lakes or the dales maybe. What an experience though.

My dad's friend Chris who came with us is the owner of the Morgan. A very nice very quiet man who drove that medieval instrument of torture that is a Morganย  all that way on the open air and he is 77! I followed him at times and that fucking thing has no compliance whatsoever. A discarded wrigleys gum wrapper had it skittering half to the other side of the road. I assume he is lying down for the rest of the week. What a man.

Thanks all for joining in!ย