Project Maybe not so Lovely Astra

purplebargeken

Set of look-a-like wheel trims ordered from the Bay of E, also steering wheel cover.

If I can get a bumper and a rear N/S passenger door in Silver Lightening then that should see the car more or less sorted from the cosmetic perspective.

2 hours ago, mitsisigma01 said:

I know of a blue astra g not far from me that is awaiting its last journey to the bridge, anyone want anything removed that won't take me over my hour of permitted exercise? 

I could use a hatch rear wiper motor if it's being broken for parts. 

21 hours ago, purplebargeken said:

If anyone has knowledge of a good front bumper in this colour please let me know.

Silver Lightening is the colour.

Thanks

It's seems finding an undamaged bumper for these things is difficult , they all seem to have the corners bashed and when they are mint the breaker always seems to lay them face down on a concrete floor.

I Ended up doing a quick rattle can on mine. They are a good bumper to lose a blend on tho, and if it gets bashed again (it already has been the other side) It's no big loss. 

Screenshot_20200411-202618.jpg.711061a855c288555861eaf14397c959.jpg

Screenshot_20200411-202409.jpg.ecc14175484a6909f774fd4bd37e77c7.jpg

Paint the towing eye cover when it's on the bumper tho!

Decent stereo now fitted and the sound is pretty bloody good. 

Its a DAB radio but I can't be arsed routing a DAB aerial anywhere. It happily does FM. 

The number plates look shit, however, eBay sellers want 40 types of ID and a DNA sample before they will make a set up. Not overly keen on sending such stuff in the post at this point in time.

I finally dug out the headlight restoration kit out of the garage and will try it tomorrow as someone used beam bender stickers for foreign land travel and it has marked the plastic lenses.

I have ordered a spool of industrial black thread for the steering wheel cover. Then that should see the interior sorted. 

Oh, I need a non-punctured spare tyre. I reckon a used tyre will suffice for now. 

Try these guys for a number plate solution https://www.a1showplates.com/

I've been happy with the quality of the ones I've got from there, especially so for the price, and they don't require eleventy billion types of ID because you're of course not using these plates on the road, just for photographs on the internets.

I got my plates from ProPlates. They didn’t want any documentation sending over and the plates include the BSAU mark at the bottom.

Bonus was, because I’m an absolute bore, I could have it say Toyota at the bottom. Think they were £27 pound a pair delivered. As a Brucie Bonus there was a couple of tiny little air bubbles on the rear plate so they sent me that and a perfect one, so I got a plate for my cycle rack too.

c166de5e54948231d783b58eaaea0405.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk