The Doctor's travels through time - The End - of chapter 1

DoctorRetro

I rolled a Triumph spitfire MK2 into a muddy field back in about 1980ish. It was a rusty piece of shit and both I and my girlfriend died in the smash but we continued to exist because of sheer will power! Actually, no injuries at all and neither of us were wearing seatbelts though the canvas roof was up. we did get very muddy though and spent a VERY cold night in a field...

Modern convertibles are by comparison pretty safe and much sturdier than a 1965 Spitfire!

Worry not about the roll over and enjoy the wind in your hair and the glorious sound of your exhaust echoing from any flat surface :) 

2 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

I like looking out of the window at work.... 

IMG_20191204_124618.thumb.jpg.7acba8df6122b30e724324f0695dfa5b.jpg

The colour coordinated hood was an extra cost option. Looks very smart. ? The side trims are actually hard plastic with a painted coating which fades over time. Back to black doesn't work on them because of that. A quick mask, key up with scotchpad and a dusting of satin black will return them to as new. ☺️

31 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Temperature gets scary in traffic... 

IMG_20191205_183151.thumb.jpg.35b9507fafe3a4f8e44cbaaf6b49948a.jpg

It did that to me so scary replaced the relay.  It worked for a bit then did it again, I cleaned the contacts for the relay and it was fine.  Time to clean it again!

Update on the Peugeot

Still a love/hate relationship. 

What's bugging me? 

1. Fuel economy is shocking. 

2. Exhaust blowing, squeaking and thudding against the bottom of the car under any acceleration. 

I have a suspicion 2. is contributing to 1.

So next weekend I'm crawling underneath to see what I can bodge/re-bodge. 

Littlun loves it, and insisted on driving everywhere with the roof off! 

Interesting that you're finding the fuel economy bad; it's the most economical petrol car I've had in a long while ?

Wonder if someone has come loose sitting out October, as it wasn't knocking when I last drive it.