parking by that tanker

and there was not another car in sight

cars for sale spares or repair - Picture 6 of 6

..though it's piss wet in Bootle and this car is shite 

cars for sale spares or repair - Picture 3 of 6

I can see E.T's finger by the dashboard light

cars for sale spares or repair - Picture 1 of 6

cars for sale spares or repair | eBay

I think Jim Steinman may be turning in his mausoleum/grave/urn :-)

11 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

There's nothing expensive on a 728i unless you have a leaky tank or someone stole your cats. That driver seat bolster looks very worn for the mileage though.

Good spot - the MoT history 'loses' about 70,000 miles back in 2010/2011 - so it's a 100K (ish) beastie. Still rather nice though .

2 hours ago, wesacosa said:

Screenshot_20240325_185142_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240325_185144_Chrome.jpg

Proper Mr Bean engineering on that boot lock! :D Guessing the original lock broke, and they had to access it by breaking the rear decor panel...

29 minutes ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

Good spot - the MoT history 'loses' about 70,000 miles back in 2010/2011 - so it's a 100K (ish) beastie. Still rather nice though .

Its a bit hard to tell what the MOT tester was thinking when they typed in that mileage, even with the typical pixel issues it shouldnt be too hard to come up with a somewhat sensible reading. But it would be easy to find out whether the mileage is true. There's no little dot illuminated next to the trip counter so its likely to be genuine, a quick read of one of the control modules would tell you quickly. The bolster wear is excessive though, maybe just a rather big owner driving the car. I see that rear arch corrosion as the bigger issue but yeah. Keeping an eye on this one as it could be a nice flip car.

There's definitely something odd going on with the car though, the painted the passenger strut tower/inner wheel well on the engine bay side and the sills would normally be black, you can see some corrosion coming through at the back.

9 hours ago, Schaefft said:

Its a bit hard to tell what the MOT tester was thinking when they typed in that mileage, even with the typical pixel issues it shouldnt be too hard to come up with a somewhat sensible reading. But it would be easy to find out whether the mileage is true. There's no little dot illuminated next to the trip counter so its likely to be genuine, a quick read of one of the control modules would tell you quickly. The bolster wear is excessive though, maybe just a rather big owner driving the car. I see that rear arch corrosion as the bigger issue but yeah. Keeping an eye on this one as it could be a nice flip car.

There's definitely something odd going on with the car though, the painted the passenger strut tower/inner wheel well on the engine bay side and the sills would normally be black, you can see some corrosion coming through at the back.

My bad - it actually looks like either a new speedo/dash was fitted or the car was rung back in 2010 - after that the mileage climbs up to the 3,515 recorded in 2012 - there's NO MoT record after 2012.........  There's also a drop from 75K to 70K in 2009-2010  - weird

image.png.9febbdde091b16befcdf0d5f27a0d0fc.png

15 hours ago, egg said:

My Dad's Motor factor had 3-4 of them in ex-BT grey with the 1.8D. He used to take me and my brother to various clubs etc early 90's, one of us rattling around in the boot. Safe.

Transco ?