eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

18 minutes ago, grogee said:

This seems like an unlikely spec. Was there really a 3.0 Ghia Cortina in the UK? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/335278839920

Screenshot_20240228_213456_eBay.jpg

This car is a South African import but Superspeed or Race Proved (Jeff Uren ) would have built one for you if you had lots of money and good taste.

29 minutes ago, grogee said:

Are Crayford Capris really all that? From where I'm sitting it's a dubious aftermarket conversion which ruins the best bit of the Capri, the rounded rear window. 

Anyway if they are 'all that' then it's your lucky day because this heap is just* £35k

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/335279123529

Screenshot_20240228_213045_eBay.jpg

A mint one might be.

26 minutes ago, grogee said:

This seems like an unlikely spec. Was there really a 3.0 Ghia Cortina in the UK? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/335278839920

Screenshot_20240228_213456_eBay.jpg

No he brings them in from south Africa where ford did make them, there where a handful of savage mk4's ( not sure if any survive)  & superspeeds I think only the very well known brown estate survives.

44 minutes ago, D.E said:

Rare and rotten. Also, that's not the original rotary is it?  Edit: that's not a R100 anyway. 818?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/355500315152?itmmeta=01HQRTJ01RHH3035DB09CBMSPP&hash=item52c5785210:g:eGEAAOSwRChl32qM

Don't know where they've got R100 from. It's an 818 with the normal engine, like this one:

1973/74 Mazda 818 coupe

Would be an RX-3 if it had the rotary, also twin round headlights.

2 hours ago, grogee said:

You are turning up some real gems. Keep up the good work 

Thank you! I'll try my hardest :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, grogee said:

Had one. Well, Mrs Grogee Mk1 did. 

Utter dogshit. Shat its 5th gear and was noisy as well. Terrible gearshift. 

It did have a digital dash though, so swings and roundabouts. 

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a saloon on the road. I like to think these proper fit in around here now 

4 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Didn't @cms206 have one of these?

Still do, in my garage back in Glasgow. Single figures left on TDis, think there's possibly only one non-turbo SDi left.

Agricultural, not quick and not at XUD levels of economy, plus spares availability for the diesel bits is virtually nil.

Fantastic things. I'm aiming to get mine back on the road when I can but it does need a little welding.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, wuvvum said:

That link goes to the beige R8.

Whoopsie, amended now. Just got very excited to share it with you guys 😂

29 minutes ago, SEATMad said:

"In the early 90’s we started to see the decline in popularity of the saloon models The saloon version of the Astra was dropped altogether in March 2004, upon the launch of the MK V Astra, although right hand drive saloons with Opel badges have continued to be sold in Ireland"

Piss off you boring twat. 

"I acquired the Vauxhall Belmont Jubilee as part of a bereavement sale" 

You fucking ghoul. 

"Selling from the first bid, please do not make any offers below the starting price" Screenshot_20240229_132209_eBay.thumb.jpg.16f62bd824c805f6b1fab3acab985600.jpg

See you in a week, you dreamer. 

26 minutes ago, SEATMad said:

I try to not post more than 3 in a row as to not flood the thread. But I saw this at a not ridiculous price... 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235451960488?itmmeta=01HQTFRS7WYZ1GKHCMAGGATRPM&hash=item36d207cca8:g:K84AAOSw-qFl30qo

s-l1600 (3).jpg

Classic colour for the A10 model, same as the much-loved 160J SSS coupe I had in the mid '90s.

Looks like the eBay listing is just PR for a Bonhams auction sale. £3000 is their lower estimate, I can imagine it going for somewhat more.

21 minutes ago, grogee said:

£1500 for a that with 12 months tax seems more than fair. 

39 minutes ago, grogee said:

"In the early 90’s we started to see the decline in popularity of the saloon models The saloon version of the Astra was dropped altogether in March 2004, upon the launch of the MK V Astra, although right hand drive saloons with Opel badges have continued to be sold in Ireland"

You fucking ghoul. 

"Selling from the first bid, please do not make any offers below the starting price" Screenshot_20240229_132209_eBay.thumb.jpg.16f62bd824c805f6b1fab3acab985600.jpg

That one proper rubbed you up the wrong way haha 😂

3 hours ago, SEATMad said:

I try to not post more than 3 in a row as to not flood the thread

Don't worry, me and Cavcraft and a few others do that all the time, I can't speak for anyone else, but it makes me feel like I'm contributing* something* worthwhile* to society 😆

3 minutes ago, egg said:

Don't worry, me and Cavcraft and a few others do that all the time, I can't speak for anyone else, but it makes me feel like I'm contributing* something* worthwhile* to society 😆

Yeah it's exactly that, I feel like I'm actually doing something worthwhile 😂

3 hours ago, grogee said:

You fucking ghoul. 

1700 miles in first 18 years?!?