eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

8 hours ago, D.E said:

I take it the short Kangoos weren't available in RHD spec, then?  Not even the (slightly less unsuccesful) van version?

I've seen shorty Kangoo vans UK reg and RHD but they are very rare. They stopped making Clio vans and the shorty Kangoo seemed like a replacement for them. 

Recently I swore I saw a shorty Citan but not sure if I imagined it or not. Did they do shorty Citans? 

They remind me a bit of the original Fiat Talento. 

fiat_talento_1989_2.jpg

10 hours ago, garethj said:

Hmm. Mathewsons...I used to really enjoy "Bangers and Cash" but now it gets on my wick a bit, probably because every episode has been repeated at least 100 times. The most annoying one is where they make a big deal out of flogging that white aberration just because it was owned by Roy Orbison. They all speak in cliches like "to be fair", "needs a few weekends' work" (needs total restoration), "it's got the makings" (it's fucked). The two Tatra vids (he calls them Tata in both) are examples of making me wonder how much they do actually know as he sounds surprised and baffled by the whole thing. Cf. the episode in which they sell a Renault Sport Spyder that again seems to baffle them. Don't they do a bit of googling before they sell something so they at least know what it is?

9 hours ago, Remspoor said:

I am in Spain now have lived in various European countries.

Whoops sorry, I didn't take a closer look at who I was replying to! Not many of them in Spain either, then?

3 hours ago, Lacquer Peel said:

I've seen shorty Kangoo vans UK reg and RHD but they are very rare. They stopped making Clio vans and the shorty Kangoo seemed like a replacement for them. 

Recently I swore I saw a shorty Citan but not sure if I imagined it or not. Did they do shorty Citans? 

Shorty Citan vans exist:

Citan-600x315-1.png

... but Mercedes never made a weird four seater model like Renault did.

1 hour ago, skoda_fan said:

Hmm. Mathewsons...I used to really enjoy "Bangers and Cash" but now it gets on my wick a bit, probably because every episode has been repeated at least 100 times. The most annoying one is where they make a big deal out of flogging that white aberration just because it was owned by Roy Orbison. They all speak in cliches like "to be fair", "needs a few weekends' work" (needs total restoration), "it's got the makings" (it's fucked). The two Tatra vids (he calls them Tata in both) are examples of making me wonder how much they do actually know as he sounds surprised and baffled by the whole thing. Cf. the episode in which they sell a Renault Sport Spyder that again seems to baffle them. Don't they do a bit of googling before they sell something so they at least know what it is?

Yes, I’m not sure I’d accept his assessment of “I bet it wouldn’t take much to get this running” from someone who 

a) Doesn’t know what the car is called, and 

b) Doesn’t know what kind of engine it is

5 hours ago, Lacquer Peel said:

They remind me a bit of the original Fiat Talento. 

fiat_talento_1989_2.jpg

Yeah a chap had one in the road cutting unit next to our unit in Hungerford, my berlingo looked like a LWB transit next to it 🤣🤣🤣

That Talento looks amazing. 

15 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

All I need to say is that they must be good enough for Royal (Sn)ail to buy twenty gazillion of the things in dog dick red, and still use some of them today some 15 years later :)

They're literally just a Corsa C, so any Corsa C foibles need also apply. 

The 1.7 Diesel is probably the one to go for, and a better allrounder than the 1.3 in my opinion. But the 1.3 is still alright. Not the best, but alright!

Thanks mate! Hopefully this will be my winter/spring project if I can get the wedge together.

50 minutes ago, egg said:

Cheapish Citroen flavoured Citybug that won't select 2nd gear. Who needs 2nd anyway.

Probably just a cable issue m8.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/402735828588203/

289904262_7751267578248003_5720297726225

Rev the nuts off in 1st and straight to 3rd. Job's a good 'un.

18 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

All I need to say is that they must be good enough for Royal (Sn)ail to buy twenty gazillion of the things in dog dick red, and still use some of them today some 15 years later :)

They're literally just a Corsa C, so any Corsa C foibles need also apply. 

The 1.7 Diesel is probably the one to go for, and a better allrounder than the 1.3 in my opinion. But the 1.3 is still alright. Not the best, but alright!

2 hours ago, Poweredbyhopealone said:

Thanks mate! Hopefully this will be my winter/spring project if I can get the wedge together.

Yep, we've still got a couple of 08 reg ones at our office. They are fucked but if they can last 14 years and counting with Royal Mail they can't be too bad. They had been withdrawn once but were reinstated when covid came and we weren't allowed to share vans. For some reason they have stayed even though we've been back to van sharing for about a year. 

They drive nicer than the Peugeot Pugs that form most of our fleet. Find one that wasn't owned by Royal Mail and it'll probably be OK. 

7 hours ago, D.E said:

Whoops sorry, I didn't take a closer look at who I was replying to! Not many of them in Spain either, then?

Not one I looked it up on the car sales sites here and they are all spam adverts. Like this one.

https://www.milanuncios.com/renault-de-segunda-mano/renault-kangoo-be-bop-1-5dci-105cv-385523873.htm

or this one which is not even a Renault.

https://www.milanuncios.com/renault-de-segunda-mano/renault-kangoo-be-bop-1-5dci-105cv-457972393.htm

My Baker had one of those Mercedes Citan vans. He is a Mercedes fan boy. And he would say it was more Mercedes than Renault. 🤣 However, durability was on par with a Renault. It did not last long.

3 hours ago, D.E said:

Fun fact. Ford actually built a handful of rhd prototypes for the UK market to gauge interest. Naturally nobody wanted one, but they are extremely rare cars now. This is just a normal us import.

6 hours ago, Yoss said:

Yep, we've still got a couple of 08 reg ones at our office. They are fucked but if they can last 14 years and counting with Royal Mail they can't be too bad. They had been withdrawn once but were reinstated when covid came and we weren't allowed to share vans. For some reason they have stayed even though we've been back to van sharing for about a year. 

They drive nicer than the Peugeot Pugs that form most of our fleet. Find one that wasn't owned by Royal Mail and it'll probably be OK. 

Good advice, any comment on the 1.7 vs 1.3 debate? It seems that the CDTi engine in any form is a good one

On 7/20/2022 at 12:34 PM, alcyonecorporation said:

Better than an empty threat. I've done it a few times when I've needed the money and the hand-wringers have gone 4K Walter Mitty on me. 

Sorry to invoke the sierraman clause, but if a bottom book car is in the way and everyone's taking the piss, the scrap man turns up on time and pays cash. 
A lack of COD means, if true, that it could be put back on the road, but it may well have been craned/strapped to get it up on high. 

If it was a J reg, then it of course HAS TO BE SAVED. 

True story and one that's about to happen, shortly.

14 hours ago, skoda_fan said:

The (sadly long gone) local auction was the same. The assistant hammer man frequently didn't know the model of the car in front of him (and we're talking like 4 or 5 year old common Fords etc) and occasionally glowed about alloy wheels that were actually trims. He was also pretty hopeless at bouncing bids off the wall, as sort of incredibly blatant schill bidder. 

8 hours ago, Yoss said:

I frequently see my postie using the old combos and wondered why they were using them again. Thought it might have been to do with the cost/lack of supply of replenishing the fleet. That explains it then!