eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

15 hours ago, egg said:

How much? Go on how much?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275385500572?hash=item401e41439c:g:DJEAAOSwRLxiz2N~

s-l1600.jpg

£119,750.

I guess civilisation is closer to ending then I thought.

I wonder if this advert is from this Peel enthusiast*?

In the ebay ad.... that crap about investments made me want to go out an invest a gun and a tip to London.

14 hours ago, D.E said:

I never "got" Banham. They produced a wide variety of dubious kits and body conversions from a small industrial unit down the road from me. I remember they used to have a whole lot of stripped out/cut down Skoda Rapid coupes outside for their iffy Porsche Speedster replicas. From my moniker you can imagine that this brought a tear to my eye.

17 hours ago, egg said:

How much? Go on how much?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275385500572?hash=item401e41439c:g:DJEAAOSwRLxiz2N~

s-l1600.jpg

£119,750.

I guess civilisation is closer to ending then I thought.

"So let's talk about assets - do you have any savings, any property etcetera?"

"Yes, I've got a classic car."

"Oh nice, I'm a bit of a petrolhead myself. What is it?"

"A Peel."

"Umm ok, so do you have a valuation certificate or something?"

"Yeah, I've got this eBay listing from where I bought it showing £120k"

"I'm afraid I'm going to need something more concrete, sir. Do you have any pictures?"

"Sure, take a look"

"Pah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I'm afraid we can't help you sir, have a good day"

Purple people eater £700 Cov, needs gearbox

I would like to buy one of these then cruise around provincial towns on Saturdays at midnight with the 'TAXI' light off.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/lti-tx4-other-2008-other-2499-cc/1437312371?utm_source=com.atomczak.notepat&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Screenshot_20220716-121110-933.png

1 hour ago, grogee said:

No Rover 45 ever realistically fetches more than about £500 unless it's an early low mileage one or a V6! 

Plenty of daft priced ones but they just sit on them for ages. Until they eventually drop the price!

1 hour ago, D.E said:

Sold by the PO a while ago for £1250, now for sale again at a slightly higher price:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165580948661?hash=item268d64c4b5:g:wcQAAOSwkS5i0nWg

s-l1600.jpg

Very very high up in my list of things I’d love to do is make good a 60’s special or low volume lash up. God I love ‘em 

40 minutes ago, Fabergé Greggs said:

Very very high up in my list of things I’d love to do is make good a 60’s special or low volume lash up. God I love ‘em 

How have we never talked about that? I'm obsessed with those things. That actually looks like a pretty good starting point, despite how it looks. The wheels are probably worth 50% of the price, and I can spot a few other choice bits - four-branch manifold, Aquaplane remote oil cooler, short rad and remote header tank, plus it's properly registered. Wish I had loads of money, cause that could be a real nice car with a lot of work...

2 hours ago, grogee said:

"So let's talk about assets - do you have any savings, any property etcetera?"

"Yes, I've got a classic car."

"Oh nice, I'm a bit of a petrolhead myself. What is it?"

"A Peel."

"Umm ok, so do you have a valuation certificate or something?"

"Yeah, I've got this eBay listing from where I bought it showing £120k"

"I'm afraid I'm going to need something more concrete, sir. Do you have any pictures?"

"Sure, take a look"

"Pah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I'm afraid we can't help you sir, have a good day"

Yeah, that's probably the going rate. Supply and demand - more people want them than there are cars to go round, and that's probably the nicest, most original one left.

1 hour ago, barrett said:

Yeah, that's probably the going rate. Supply and demand - more people want them than there are cars to go round, and that's probably the nicest, most original one left.

One hundred and twenty thousand pounds.

That eclipses 60s Ferrari levels of price per kilo of frail old tin.

Not saying you're wrong - but something is wrong if this is six figures. 

6 minutes ago, grogee said:

One hundred and twenty thousand pounds.

That eclipses 60s Ferrari levels of price per kilo of frail old tin.

Not saying you're wrong - but something is wrong if this is six figures. 

On one hand it seems nuts, but on the other... £100k isn't really a lot of money these days. That's how much a cheap Range-Rover costs. If somebody just paid £115m for an old Mercedes... Anything old and actually collectible is pushing a million quid minimum these days, and £100k doesn't get you much in the old car world. A few years ago I was at the auction where the W196 sold for £20m, which is arguably about as useful as a Peel Trident.

Obviously all that money is just gross and there really shouldn't be people out there who have that kind of disposable income when so many people in the world are struggling to survive, but those people do exist, and they sometimes buy cars, and that pushes the price of everything up to the point where six figures for a stupid microcar - even one as instantly recognisable and highly prixed as that - doesn't strike me as that much of a big deal.