eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

I got offered  aTT for a grand a few months ago. Even though it was cheap enough to fire my WCPGW sensor, which normal means I'd buy it with subsequent disastrous consequences I knocked it back.

Sure enough I spotted it on gumtree a couple of weeks later with the new owner trying to offload it with a load of random electrical faults.

I'd like one but I think they can be awkward VAG shite money pits if you get a bad one.

This looks like a pretty fair offer to me.

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=239321274

$_20.jpg

The Ro 80 is ready to drive away. The engine has good compression.

The following has already been done:

front wheel bearings

all new hoses

spark plugs

plug leads

water pump with ceramic bearing

carburetter rebuilt

Interior finished in black velours (not torn), door panels black (without  speaker holes), removable towbar, electric sunroof.

Repairs needed: The cross member needs a small bit of welding, a CV boot has to be replaced, front shock absorbers should be changed.

The Ro is currently registered with H approval.

Nice car to drive. Best have a look!

I got offered aTT for a grand a few months ago. Even though it was cheap enough to fire my WCPGW sensor, which normal means I'd buy it with subsequent disastrous consequences I knocked it back.

Sure enough I spotted it on gumtree a couple of weeks later with the new owner trying to offload it with a load of random electrical faults.

I'd like one but I think they can be awkward VAG shite money pits if you get a bad one.

Bet they can. I had an A6 on a V reg with the 1.8T albeit the 150bhp one and it was a pig sometimes

Proper VAG sensor laden bollocks that makes a Laguna II look like a sensible ownership proposition.

Truly one of the best advertisement pictures I've ever seen

16684154_1225846990825247_87838508496098

'Classic Astra convertible

St Helens, Merseyside

£180

Classic Vauxhall Astra convertible R reg April MOT needs a bit of TLC and antique service electronic... hold and windows in perfect working order 180 or nearest offer'

‎(Billy Higginson‎ to facebook motors local cars and vans for sale atherton ,leigh,wigan tyldsley)

Duncan McEwan: £80

​Martyn Hall: Michael Fitton

Michael  Fitton: Wrong colour kid after a orange one

That's the utter brilliance of Facebook for sale pages in one fell swoop.

An Allegro in Oz! But Why?

s-l1600.jpg

Nice original condition with 22000 miles

Nasty dent in the tip of the bonnet that looks like a right bastard to mend properly

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1976-AUSTIN-ALLEGRO-Super-1300-4-spd-Manual-Cult-British-Compact-/201817643342?hash=item2efd44d94e:g:OqQAAOSwx6pYoZsy

dead easy to fill

Yeah, if you are one of the dodgy brothers

also, a 6 cylinder, single headlight, bench seat, poverty pack P76? I thought they were extinct, everyone kept the posho V8s but scrapped the boggo 6s.

The bloke selling the Allegro has STACKS of car imported from the UK and is slowly selling them off. I nearly bought a series 3 Allegro HLS from him that needed all the panels except the shell replaced.

This looks like a punt and a half. There could be something spesh in there or a dust pan and brush job.

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mitsubishi-GLX-Galant-i-think-1982-Barn-garage-find-/262841657356?hash=item3d3295680c:g:nbIAAOSwTglYmfq1

Have you seen the bidding on this?  It's pushing £1500 now, since the *excellent new photos were added.

s-l600.jpg

My Mum had one of these 1400 Colt Lancers.  She loved it as it was so dependable (with a brilliant heater) after her Viva, but it was worthless.  I can remember the T-stick auto shifter even now.  Someone clouted and broke the rear lens and the insurer wrote it off because of 'parts prices'.  This was 1991, when 8-year old Japanese cars were still openly sneered at

12.500 € is still valuable, especially when I baulked at the new £5k kitchen she wanted

Yeah, but not £35k valuable, which is Lalaland. 35k is pristine Bitter CD territory.

Don't forget that they were rare even when new and there never was a period

when they were cheap.

And we all know what the cheapest classic V8 saloon is, don't we?

Welcome to the auction of my super 80's Vauxhall Astra SRi 

Amazing car thats full of hot hatch style and period

car supplied with HPI report done by me 

additional faults - centre section of exhaust previously repaired, was informed by the last keeper car had damage to the rear but looks well repaired and no insurance claim found on the HPI report, previously the has been a clifford alarm that has been disconnected but the parts come with the car,some things are unchecked currently ie the headlamp washers rear wash wipe etc, passenger side fog light not working, there is no history with the car, small dent in drivers side sill lip under drivers door, some very small marks in paint approx 2" under rear quarter window drivers side possible damp under the paint, other small marks, rust bubble on bottom corner of passenger door, some surface rust on bonnet edge, heater still needs reconnecting after bulk head repair - new hoses supplied with car, paint cracking on the spoiler, wear on drivers seat bolster, saggy roof lining, speakers in parcel shelf, boot carpet missing, no history, will need a good service and cam belt change but that just common sense really, i would also change the tyres as its been parked up for a while or get the correct wheels as the ones fitted are not correct for this car

s-l600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1987-D-VAUXHALL-ASTRA-SRI-MK2-UNFINISHED-PROJECT-/192101948268

Have you seen the bidding on this?  It's pushing £1500 now, since the *excellent new photos were added.

My Mum had one of these 1400 Colt Lancers.  She loved it as it was so dependable (with a brilliant heater) after her Viva, but it was worthless.  I can remember the T-stick auto shifter even now.  Someone clouted and broke the rear lens and the insurer wrote it off because of 'parts prices'.  This was 1991, when 8-year old Japanese cars were still openly sneered at

I wonder what the owner made of the final bid price of £2,171 given they're clearly not a car person!  That seems like exceptionally strong money for an obscure car that's been off the road since 1997 according to the DVLA.  Presumably there's some sort of RWD/retro scene for them?