eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

s-l500.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-e30-Estate-/122352148075

the owner (my father) unfortunately lost his sight and has been unable to drive it.

Q: You wouldnt be intrested in a swap would you?
A: No thank you, the only reason it's for sale is that the owner has lost his sight and therefore is unable to drive. 

That ‘Ratchero’ is really spectacularly awful. Massive gold cut-vinyl letters? Honestly some people really should just be banned from owning old cars. And then euthanized as well, and their families publicly shamed and so on.

When I was at school a popular trick was to put someone’s bag in the bin, then wait till they went to pull it out, then leap out and shout ‘BIN RATCHER!!!!’ at them for several hours afterwards, obviously this guy has never participated in this fun sport, the ‘BIN RATCHER’ title is emphatically NOT a badge of honour.

HMRC sayz

Late notification penalties do not apply to any vehicles that were brought into the UK before the introduction of NOVA on 15 April 2013.

Sella says

bought this pick up as a project around 4/5 years ago with the best intentions of a full restoration.

When I bought it I was told that it was imported from Italy. 

sounds like proceed directly to Go, Collect £200 and win at life.

Reality is bravo mo fo second guesses HMRC.

Maybe buy, drag it to France in back of a rusty LDV van. then return by the next ferry and initiate NOVA declaration?!?! 

Its not like it has been on the road for the last 5 years avoiding tax is it

Guest Breadvan72

Re the Espace Quadra

It's more likely that the rear coupling is buggered and thats why the prop was removed. The couplings were over 500 quid if you could find one, so worth more than the car. The props are a bit special as they are a composite type material and break really easily if the coupling is buggered which is why I removed the prop on the one I had.

From the Matra guru:

If the 4WD was truly working well before fitting the LPG, they could have simply put the tank in the spare well recess or even replaced the wheel altogether with a slightly bigger tank, as it was only a space saver anyway.  I suspect that as usual the viscous coupling has started to seize up which makes them difficult to manoeuvre at low speed or on a tight lock, so they removed the propshaft to the rear axle.  I have a new coupling on mine so it works well.  If I had this car and it is as good as it looks, I would not scrap it, I would move the tank and replace the propshaft and coupling and it would be a good car again.