RobT

Laguna I RT Sport - 12 months MoT - Won and Sold

Define "cheap" :D

Well . . .

I always promised myself that if I ever won a roffle then I would collect the car, wherever it was. And I haven't done anything proper stupid in at least a couple of weeks, so temptation is calling my name.

I could just stay where I am, sell this off with a bit of help, and use all the money to extend my travels and buy fripperies such as food. Or I could collect it and deliver it and get back here to France to continue my travels whilst hopefully making a small profit, or at least no loss.

In an ideal world I would offer this up for absolutely dirt cheap, but seeing as how I'm really quite properly skint I reckon I'd be looking for £250. Which I reckon in the grand scheme of things is still a right barg for anything with 12 months MOT, nevermind something as lovely/not horrible as this.

Check your PMs 

Well . . .

I always promised myself that if I ever won a roffle then I would collect the car, wherever it was. And I haven't done anything proper stupid in at least a couple of weeks, so temptation is calling my name.
I could just stay where I am, sell this off with a bit of help, and use all the money to extend my travels and buy fripperies such as food. Or I could collect it and deliver it and get back here to France to continue my travels whilst hopefully making a small profit, or at least no loss.
In an ideal world I would offer this up for absolutely dirt cheap, but seeing as how I'm really quite properly skint I reckon I'd be looking for £250. Which I reckon in the grand scheme of things is still a right barg for anything with 12 months MOT, nevermind something as lovely/not horrible as this.

PM MUTHAFLIPPING SENT.

(Always easier to ask forgiveness than permission)

It's currently taxed and insured so any interested punter could drive it away, assuming they have 3rd party cover. I was thinking of SORNing it at the end of the month, so six-cyl or egg's offer of OSP would be handy (although I can always clutter up a residents bay here for a week or so).

I just wanted to say a big thanks to those that offered collection and storage assistance, to Rob for being a true gent, to the new new owner for being a pleasure to deal with, and to Cavcraft and Jim Bell and Moog for gifting me tickets.

The biggest surprise was that it was the one ticket I bought myself that won, having never won a roffle (or anything else really) before. I would have dearly loved to collect the car myself before keeping it or selling it on but common sense has to prevail every now and again I guess, so I'm remaining where I am and putting the (much needed and appreciated) money towards keeping my travels going on as long as possible.

It's safe to say I'm the happiest of bunnies, and I promise that if I'm ever lucky enough to win another roffle I will absonitely defolutely collect the thing. Wherever in the world I am.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By NorthernMonkey
      I’m not sure if there’d be much interest in a roffle for a topless mills o’matic swede at this time of year but before I stick it down at the barn for winter, I thought I’d mention it on here...
      Its a 2006 9-3 1.8t with just under 90k miles and a good service history. It has been Mrs NMs summer chariot of choice but has now been stood down by a Berlingo diesel...the backup plan is to park it up over winter before prepping it up for sale in the spring where it would get advertised for its market value but due to the impending arrival of another toy, if someone on here wants to win it for the frankly ludicrous sum of £12.00, then step right up!!
      Good bits...
      All electrics, roof etc in good order, decent tires all round, plenty of MOT, working air con, polishes up nicely, will come with new discs and pads on the front.
      Not so good bits...
      Silly tax bracket so £48 a month to tax, occasional lambda fault which pops on EML....will reset and stay off for a month or two, slight bit of pogweasleing on the n/s front bumper where it’s had a smart repair in the past.
      Only got a few pictures to hand at the minute but if there’s any interest, I’ll stick some more up in the next day or so.
      Roffle tickets as it is are £12 each or two for £20 and the car is located near Burnley, Lancashire.
      Form an orderly queue.... 🙂

• By bangernomics
      Roffle is go.  
      1 for £16 or 2 for £30.
      4 SamR380
      7 Jollyfkr2
      12 AstonMartin
      15 Primeradoner
      18 Doug
      22 Loserone
      25 Mitsisigma01
      26 BlackBoilerSuit
      28 Barefoot
      30 DozeyDustman
      33 Doug (Aston Martin)
      37 DaveQ
      38 Norbert
      42 Doug (AstonMartin)
      43 Jollyfkr2
      46 Aston Martin
      47 Loserone
      48 Primeradoner
      51 BlackBoilerSuit
      55 StrangeAngel

Choice of top boxes either the white old one or the massive modern one for Uber eats work.

• By dozeydustman
      Just about an hour ago I went to start my car up, had Mrs Dustman with me, to go and pick Miss Dustman up from work. Turned over fine but took a while to fire up.

Steering felt heavy. Thought maybe as it's currently -5 + wind chill it's just cold & the fluid is thick.

Started reversing out my bay then I was greeted with:
      "DING DONG" - ABS fault.
      "DING DONG" - ESP fault
      "DING DONG" - headlamp auto levelling not working, contact service.

I shut the car down straight away and we went in Mrs D's Corolla.

Alternator is less than 2 months old, it's a recon unit from Alternator Man in Portsmouth. Hoping the cold isn't killing the battery and it's taking the 'nator out with it (battery passed the drop test last time the no-charge warning came up). Looks like a session with the multimeter after work tomorrow.....

MEH.
    • By TheDoctor
      Going to roffle for a fiver a ticket, two for £8, 3 for £11
      In good working order apart from the head gasket. 
      Put the ventilated header tank cap on, take it easy and bring spare water and you will be able to drive it home. 

It doesn't overheat, just pressure in the cooling system. Cylinder compression is good. 
      MOT April 2020

• By DialATune
      This has been dragging with the end tantalisingly in sight, so inspired by the worthy @SRi05 I'll pop it in here and see if anyone who doesn't visit 'Shite For Sale' is interested...

Quoting now...

After having recently gone through the fun* of selling a car on eBay, I thought I'd try my luck on here. I only bought this a couple of weeks ago on a whim, thinking it would be ideal for shooting down to France with the wife and the dog to visit the in-laws, but the wife has taken against it HARD due to the lack of air-con (she's not worried about us - it's the dog!). So it has to go.
      Bad bits first, as is AS tradition. The A/C really is gone. No amount of re-gassing will fix this! A few patches of rust here and there - none look bad enough for welding. A bit of rust converter and bondo and job jobbed was my plan. Laquer is starting to peel in a few places. The remote central locking doesn't always unlock the passenger side door (although it does always seem to lock it, which is odd). Tailgate has a decent dent in it. Nothing to do with me, it came free with the car. Tailgate still works fine, though.
      Good bits. Maybe it has been too long since I was last in a rear-wheel drive, but it feels to me like it pulls away from the line very nicely. The six-speed box feels nice and precise, and lets you trundle along at 70mph with the engine only doing about two and a half thousand revs (not had it long enough to really measure fuel efficiency). MOT until Feb and taxed to get you home.
      Located in Ipswich. I was thinking £9 per ticket, or two for £16, three for £21. Any takers?

PRICE DROP !!!!
      £8 for one, £14 for two, £19 for three. Buy Buy Buy!!!!