LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, still harping on...

LightBulbFun

4 minutes ago, warren t claim said:

With all this talk about @Saabnut, being a diamond I'm really hoping that he isn't that annoying 80s breakfast TV presenter Anne Diamond.

I mean when it came to TV-AM tarts I'd have deffo done Jayne Irvine and at a push Wincey Willis, but Anne Diamond? No fucking way.

On 21/09/2024 at 22:40, LightBulbFun said:

I have thought about this, but my concern is 2 fold, first I am quite worried whats to say they just wont try and bodge it all, like they did with REV's record? for example if @dollywobbler was to complain, whats to stop them just removing TWC from the coded system and improperly adding TWC to the non-coded system like they did with REV? (because now the problem I have regarding REV herself is 2 fold, I first have to get them to fix the lookup table, and then get them to add REV back to the coded system they removed her from)

and the other thing is the problem of trying to get a coordinated effort on the go, most other Invacar owners do have a life outside their Invacars and I imagine dont want to have to deal with a potentially protracted battle with the DVLA over it, but your right I have wondered if all Invacar owners where to write to the DVLA, put all their letters in the same envelope so it all lands with the same person at the same time, I wonder how they might react to that!

that being said in my letter of complaint that the above is a response to, I did that time mention MHJ22P and TWC725K as other examples that are effected the same as REV, to drive home the point I was saying that this is *not* an issue with any individual vehicle record, but its an issue with the lookup table itself so it affects *all* vehicle records 

I explicitly mentioned MHJ22P and TWC725K two since both of those two have latest V5's that where issued long before the cockup, so their V5's do still state INVACAR, so it would be easy for the DVLA to ask for the owners of those Invacars, for a picture of their respective V5's and see "oh yeah the latest V5 does indeed say INVACAR while the current online record says INVACARE"

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 21.45.05.png

Screenshot2024-01-12at12_04_31.png.6873b482683eba2b49c1c03defa1f611.png

I am pretty positive  @dollywobbler never asked for TWC to be called an "INVACARE" or they would of issued another V5 like when he corrected the engine size for example, and this is one of the ways I know that the issue is that someone has messed up the lookup table, since again its affecting all currently taxed or otherwise "active" Invacars (ie those that are dormant but just had a logbook applied for also ping from Invacar to Invacare)

another example of how its a system fuck up and not someone asking for it to be done is NNO803M

image.png

Screenshot2024-09-21at22_20_20.png.ec9ba910ed6f511cd882b17c30665471.png

this has been dormant so to speak since the 17th of November 1983, but because its in the Not Taxed for On Road use, (in the  Not Licensed taxation class) on the back end it it is kept taxed, and refreshed, note how in the older screen shot it says "tax not due" rather then "not taxed", as such the vehicle record does get updated by the automatic tax system, and and low behold it too pinged to Invacare, despite again being otherwise dead since the *1980s* and again note that no newer V5 has been issued which would of happened if the vehicle record itself was officially updated/changed

and this pinging to Invacare the moment something happens with the vehicle record, in itself proves a problem for me, because if I go to the DVLA and say for example  "hey look at every other vehicle from REV375R to REV475R and see how they says INVACAR and *are* coded with the make code ZA"  the moment they actually go to look at the vehicle records on their back end, system it will of course be run through their erroneous lookup table and ping back as INVACARE instead, so rather amusingly its like Autoshite does quantum physics, observing the result causes it to change, (I am very fortunate in this regard that I always take plenty of DVLA screenshots, that I have record/proof that no they did *not* always say INVACARE....)

but it seems like from their response they are just focusing on REV and otherwise ignoring most of what I have said in my letters.

as I did of course did mention several times that I think its a system issue, that I have seen this issue happen to other Invacar vehicles, I have explained what I think the issue is, and I also did ask multiple times, that if I am wrong what I write, then please do explain to me why they are pinging from Invacar to Invacare, but again no response at all to any of that

I think this is because of the forthcoming legal requirement for all cars to be electric.  Fiat have already started the process with their 500e and 600e models and will complete the lineup by renaming the Grande Punto the 'Grande Puntoe' and the Croma 'Ecroma'.  Other marques will be expected to follow suit, as will all owners of existing cars.  I received a letter the other day from the DVLA asking if I want mine, in future, to be known as either 'Ford Focuse', 'Forde Focus' or even 'Efordee Focussee'.  

It's more than likely that the Invacar owners you point to above are 'early adopters' and have, being mindful of complying with future legislation, renamed their cars 'Invacare'.  

1 minute ago, Missy Charm said:

I think this is because of the forthcoming legal requirement for all cars to be electric.  Fiat have already started the process with their 500e and 600e models and will complete the lineup by renaming the Grande Punto the 'Grande Puntoe' and the Croma 'Ecroma'.  Other marques will be expected to follow suit, as will all owners of existing cars.  I received a letter the other day from the DVLA asking if I want mine, in future, to be known as either 'Ford Focuse', 'Forde Focus' or even 'Efordee Focussee'.  

It's more than likely that the Invacar owners you point to above are 'early adopters' and have, being mindful of complying with future legislation, renamed their cars 'Invacare'.  

That reminds me of when I was an HGV driver and had to double crew a wagon to Cornwall with the union rep. He was chatting on the phone about some lad injured lifting something but as he became more worked up him saying "manual handling" became "emmanual haggling" and "manual handing".

alright, I have seen a few comments on the Stalwart episode show up here, and saying that people where encouraging him to do it, while others who discouraged him where censored and the such like

but from 1st hand personal experience, (as someone who was part of the Zoom calls back then and the such like) this was not the case, I dont think anyone agreed that *selling your house* and buying an Alvis stalwart was/is a good idea in any sense of the fashion, I think most of us did attempt to Gently and kindly talk him down another more relatively sensible path, certainly for example at one point he got fixated on putting a larger 650cc Steyr puch Engine into an Invacar(since me being me, I had happened to mention in passing during one of the zoom calls, how that all Model 70's had the 493cc engine and I have always wondered what one with the 643cc or 660cc versions of the Steyr puch engine might preform ), so I thought ok great, If I can encourage that, then maybe he will set aside the whole Stalwart thing and reconsider it

but what I think did get "censored" so to speak.  and rightfully so was there where quite a few people who where very antagonistic to him about the Stalwart. Shouting and abusing someone, so they dont do something is never going to end well, especially for someone like him and the condition he was in at the time, the more you tell him "your a fucking idiot for doing that" the more he would be determined to go ahead with it and try and prove the people wrong, and this is what really made me sad about the whole episode, that people did not realise this, and where just giving him all the more incentive and probably not helping his mental state either, you chuck a bunch of abuse at someone, and its never going to end well

and I am sad that people dont realise that

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

but what I think did get "censored" so to speak.  and rightfully so was there where quite a few people who where very antagonistic to him about the Stalwart, shouting and abusing someone, so they dont do something is never going to end well, especially for someone like him and the condition he was in at the time, the more you tell him "your a fucking idiot for doing that" the more he would be determined to go ahead with it and try and prove the people wrong, and this is what really made me sad about the whole episode, that people did not realise this, and where just giving him all the more incentive and probably not helping his mental state either, you chuck a bunch of abuse at someone, and its never going to end well

Have I, or indeed any other AS member called you a "fucking idiot?"

3 minutes ago, warren t claim said:

Have I, or indeed any other AS member called you a "fucking idiot?"

Incidentally, my family called me a "fucking idiot" during Espadagate.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, warren t claim said:

Come to think of it. They also called me a "fucking idiot" after meeting several girls I brought home.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

alright, I have seen a few comments on the Stalwart episode show up here, and saying that people where encouraging him to do it, while others who discouraged him where censored and the such like

but from 1st hand personal experience, (as someone who was part of the Zoom calls back then and the such like) this was not the case, I dont think anyone agreed that *selling your house* and buying an Alvis stalwart was/is a good idea in any sense of the fashion, I think most of us did attempt to Gently and kindly talk him down another more relatively sensible path, certainly for example at one point he got fixated on putting a larger 650cc Steyr puch Engine into an Invacar(since me being me, I had happened to mention in passing during one of the zoom calls, how that all Model 70's had the 493cc engine and I have always wondered what one with the 643cc or 660cc versions of the Steyr puch engine might preform ), so I thought ok great, If I can encourage that, then maybe he will set aside the whole Stalwart thing and reconsider it

but what I think did get "censored" so to speak.  and rightfully so was there where quite a few people who where very antagonistic to him about the Stalwart. Shouting and abusing someone, so they dont do something is never going to end well, especially for someone like him and the condition he was in at the time, the more you tell him "your a fucking idiot for doing that" the more he would be determined to go ahead with it and try and prove the people wrong, and this is what really made me sad about the whole episode, that people did not realise this, and where just giving him all the more incentive and probably not helping his mental state either, you chuck a bunch of abuse at someone, and its never going to end well

You're very, very much mistaken people do realise that, especially those who are parents. Try dealing with a stroppy teenager and you'd soon find out for yourself.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, chadders said:

You're very, very much mistaken people do realise that, especially those who are parents. Try dealing with a stroppy teenager who's been denied Espada ownership and you'd soon find out for yourself.

EFA

I was a nightmare for my parents, always playing truant as school was boring and I much preferred going off into the country on my pushbike.

I 'knew' best of course which subsequently involved me learning enough to pass 3 A levels in the few weeks before the exams as my Dad had found out about my truancy and I'd also had an offer of a very well paid engineering degree sandwich course in London.

No Espadas were involved though.

We'd only just got a car, a 2nd hand Viva HC, one of the few cars in the street.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chadders said:

I was a nightmare for my parents, always playing truant as school was boring and I much preferred going off into the country on my pushbike.

I 'knew' best of course which subsequently involved me learning enough to pass 3 A levels in the few weeks before the exams as my Dad had found out about my truancy and I'd also had an offer of a very well paid engineering degree sandwich course in London.

No Espadas were involved though.

We'd only just got a car, a 2nd hand Viva HC, one of the few cars in the street.

Fucking swot! I only got two A Levels, maths and physics. I even managed to fail general studies!

Just now, warren t claim said:

Fucking swot! I only got two A Levels, maths and physics. I even managed to fail general studies!

No swotting, natural genius as I'm from Yorkshire.

They wouldn't let me do General Studies because of my attendance record.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, warren t claim said:

17 minutes ago, warren t claim said:

Come to think of it. They also called me a "fucking idiot" after meeting several girls I brought home.

If the hat fits.... 😉

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, mintwth said:

If the hat fits.... 😉

A good point and well made. I've learned to move on and embrace my fucking dickhead status.

35 minutes ago, warren t claim said:

I only got two A Levels, maths and physics. I even managed to fail general studies!

39 minutes ago, chadders said:

I 'knew' best of course which subsequently involved me learning enough to pass 3 A levels in the few weeks before the exams as

I may have to register a complaint with management and nursey over you two swotty big boys waving your A levels about making me feel inadequate for only achieving grade B in O level metalwork. 😙

(I bet you both had shiny bikes with TWO derailleur gear sets too.) 🤑

Screenshot_20240927_193453_YouTube.jpg.c6331ff20e8a1e5f30be5ee22841ed06.jpg

Dez will soon be living the film star dream! 😁

Just now, Snake Charmer said:

I may have to register a complaint with management and nursey over you two swotty big boys waving your A levels about making me feel inadequate for only achieving grade B in O level metalwork. 😙

Yes. I did indeed own a Marlborough Phantom 12 speed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, warren t claim said:

I mean when it came to TV-AM tarts I'd have deffo done Jayne Irvine and at a push Wincey Willis, but Anne Diamond? No fucking way.

Back in the day you'd do Wincey Willis over Diamond ??

WTAF ! That's just other level wrong, Wincey was a total munter !

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, ETCHY said:

Back in the day you'd do Wincey Willis over Diamond ??

WTAF ! That's just other level wrong, Wincey was a total munter !

You sound like the sort of bloke who'd crawl over Mad Lizzie to get to Rusty Lee!

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, warren t claim said:

You sound like the sort of bloke who'd crawl over Mad Lizzie to get to Rusty Lee!

Be fair Mad Lizzie was a good un, Wincey was a hound.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Snake Charmer said:

Mine didn't have any derailleur gears and had side pull brakes, a Kays Catalogue special paid for by 2 paper rounds.

• Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 1

Just now, chadders said:

Mine didn't have any derailleur gears and had side pull brakes, a Kays Catalogue special paid for by 2 paper rounds.

And no crossbar so you could ride it wearing your favourite skirt.

• Haha 4

On 27/09/2024 at 07:27, Dave_Q said:

I tell my children, it's only a joke as long as the person you are joking with/at finds it funny. If they don't, then you stop.

Warren and Sheefag both enjoy/don't mind the arse etc banter so this is absolutely fine.

Dez is CLEARLY not enjoying the banter/advice/however people self-ID their contributions* here, so it's not a joke, it's just being mean.

Any attempt to claim "well X is worse, it's just a forum etc, people can give their opinions" is just an attempt to justify what looks a lot like just being a dick and winding Dez up covered up with a veneer of concern/banter/whatever.

How about just stop it

Edited to add: this isn't safe spacing or wokery or whatever you lot will think it is, it's just not being a dick

This, x a million.

May have got this wrong, but Dez just seems like a young lad who enjoys his hobby, tries his best and is helpful, enthusiastic and polite.  That seems to have turned into a platform for people to queue up to have a go at him under a thinly veiled 'doing him a favour' mask.  Guidance is one thing, repeating the same old stuff ad nauseam because you are definitely righter than he is is something else. 

34 minutes ago, warren t claim said:

And no crossbar so you could ride it wearing your favourite skirt.

You still haven't forgiven me for not giving it back to you for your date with the priapric geordie plumber have you?

Anyway it got a bit stained when I was an intern and was seized as evidence so you can't have it back now.

• Haha 5

You still haven't forgiven me for not giving it back to you for your date with the priapric geordie plumber have you?

Anyway it got a bit stained when I was an intern and was seized as evidence so you can't have it back now.

Let's face it. That probably wasn't the first Chopper you've straddled.

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

We’ve had the arguments, is this the part where everybody fucks afterwards?

I've already had @chadders

• Haha 2

Bullying!!!

1 minute ago, brandersnatch said:

Hasn’t everyone?

So says the Village People reject.

Do you know how off-putting all those clanking chains are?

• Haha 6

Do you know how off-putting all those clanking chains are?

Not in the slightest to you with your slavery fetish!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1