Cheapest car with Air con?

pandamonium

Aircon in my Almera had never been 100%. Never really used it much previously but it's getting some use now...the little cold air it manages to pump out anyway. As it draws power from the engine I've almost stalled the bugger a few times *embarrassed smilie* .

I would be very interested in this as a spare car for my Daughter to hoon around in whilst she gets her Lexus sorted, but have a lack of time and, frankly, as I have just moved house am bloody knackered and a really long road trip in this weather is a bit daunting!

If it isn't already sold, would it be possible to arrange a delivery service autoshite-style to Huddersfield?

Happy to pay fuel and train tickets :)

It’s working air con that’s the hard bit

Also, the £100 unit in Argos isn’t air con it’s an air cooler - you put ice water in it and it belts out slightly colder air than a fan. Real air con units start at £250 or so.

I've just ordered an aircon unit from Amazon for £324  :shock:

Pawnote: The Aero cost me £995 with aircon which had been regassed a few weeks before I bought it. Two years on, it's still working ^^

It’s usually borked by the time I own a car. An honourable mention must go to a 2002 Ford Ka luxury. At 15 years the body was inevitably dissolving but astonishingly the air con worked perfectly. Astonishing also as the operation of it sapped a good percentage of engine power from the fossilised endura-e unit.

Mirror-signal-switch off a/c-manouver. Not bad for £175 worth though.

Next house I buy, I'm going to have a proper wall mounted Aircon unit installed. Not as expensive as many may think! About £600-800 fitted. The connection from outside condenser unit to inside wall unit is only two pipes that are standard plumbing size. Keep the room door and windows shut, and they don't use too much energy either!

Modern units can act in reverse and heat too. Very efficient at that as well.

A decent one is about 48-50dB. Basically the loudness of someone wispering.

Guest Hooli

Floor mounted condensers? only two pipes to put through the wall then so doesn't ruin the look if you put it in the right place.

Next house I buy, I'm going to have a proper wall mounted Aircon unit installed. Not as expensive as many may think! About £600-800 fitted. The connection from outside condenser unit to inside wall unit is only two pipes that are standard plumbing size. Keep the room door and windows shut, and they don't use too much energy either!

Modern units can act in reverse and heat too. Very efficient at that as well.

A decent one is about 48-50dB. Basically the loudness of someone wispering.

I looked into it for my house, I was getting quotes of 6-800 just for installation! and this was a couple of years ago! 

I looked into it for my house, I was getting quotes of 6-800 just for installation! and this was a couple of years ago!

I guess it all depends on when and where you have it installed. Like with central heating installation.

That price was based on the wall unit directly on the wall with the condenser on the outside, an easy feed to the consumer unit and in winter. Not sure on the unit itself, but I imagine one at the cheaper end of the scale. If you wanted it right now I suspect either they're fully booked or add a significant amount on!

I may invest in a floor free standing one short term. But once this hot weather gets out of the way first...

Apart from that, A/C is only cool if you have it and others don't.

If others have it and you don't, it's shit.

Insofar I can understand the desire to an extent.

Do you use the A/C in your 405? 

The fresh air ventilation in a lot of modern vehicles is poor, even at high speeds. A/C isn't essential but it takes some of the discomfort out of driving in the summer especially if it's urban driving.

The decline of stiffer upper lippage from the Khyber Pass to modern (cough) England could not possibly be more clearly defined than in the desire of A/C.

I think some serious hardening the fuck uppage would be in order, but as usual, that's only me, I guess.

?