The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

I went out this morning in the Panda 4x4 - this turned into a two hour drive around all the back roads and snow drifts. I love bombing along and hitting the edges of the drifts and smashing snow everywhere. Childish but FUN :D:D

I was on the Brigg to Barton road going up Elsham hill when a Vectra driver signalled me that I should turn round - yeah whatever....me and the Discovery behind me made it through. It was such good fun I went back that way :lol:

It had got a bit worse by then as quite a few car drivers were now stuck. I was warned of impending obstructions by a Passat driver who flagged me down and asked me if it was a Sisley, apparently he'd had a couple of Panda 4x4 in the past so knew how capable they are in the snow...He said there are four cars stuck back there but you can get round them through the drifts :lol: He was right...

No pictures unfortunately as it was all a bit impromptu...

OMG SNO KAOS returns:

Image216_zps329ad1f2.jpg

Image210_zpse2358aba.jpg

Despite this, pottering about today has been almost as easy as it is without snow, mostly due to the fact that the main roads are pretty clear of snow. I pulled a few juvenile handbrake turns and what have you.

Micra has had its shitty rear tyres, recently fitted by some "recommended" rip off merchants, jettisoned and replaced with decent properly fitting tyres, I lobbed the old ones over the fence at the garage who reccomended me, they can send them back. One of the tyres was found to be over 10 years old as my tyre man pointed out, I should have just gone to him in the first place.

Now the Micra needs an exhaust, its started to blow a couple of weeks ago, I was amazed to learn that its still on its original exhaust from new. That, and probably a other service should see it further into the side of rude health.

My KV6 is still at the garage awaiting some sort of exhaust fitting, I'm slowly starting to lose my patience, if by Thursday it isn't done, it will be taken to my mate Steve who won't piss about with time.

OMG SNO KAOS returns:

Image216_zps329ad1f2.jpg

Image210_zpse2358aba.jpg

Despite this, pottering about today has been almost as easy as it is without snow, mostly due to the fact that the main roads are pretty clear of snow. I pulled a few juvenile handbrake turns and what have you.

Micra has had its shitty rear tyres, recently fitted by some "recommended" rip off merchants, jettisoned and replaced with decent properly fitting tyres, I lobbed the old ones over the fence at the garage who reccomended me, they can send them back. One of the tyres was found to be over 10 years old as my tyre man pointed out, I should have just gone to him in the first place.

Now the Micra needs an exhaust, its started to blow a couple of weeks ago, I was amazed to learn that its still on its original exhaust from new. That, and probably a other service should see it further into the side of rude health.

My KV6 is still at the garage awaiting some sort of exhaust fitting, I'm slowly starting to lose my patience, if by Thursday it isn't done, it will be taken to my mate Steve who won't piss about with time.

I shouldn't be allowed to be bored.

Neither should I, I liked Maestro Bingo enough to do this... (but not enough to stay up finishing all the squares)

tUi7nZc.png

I shouldn't be allowed to be bored.

Neither should I, I liked Maestro Bingo enough to do this... (but not enough to stay up finishing all the squares)

tUi7nZc.png

It's blowing a bit from the manifold. I blame Barrett's drive (and the other times I've whacked it on stuff).

It'll get sorted, along with a service, once the Simca stops needing money all the time.

It's blowing a bit from the manifold. I blame Barrett's drive (and the other times I've whacked it on stuff).

It'll get sorted, along with a service, once the Simca stops needing money all the time.

Some of you may know Alex Child from his Twitter feed, or his facebook, or the film projects and cars he's interested in. I've just learned through Twitter that he's an official missing person and thought it best to spread the word here because while there's not much I can do, perhaps this will help a little. I've only just started to get to know him through Twitter, but from what little I've learned so far, he seems like a thoroughly good egg.

There's this over on Facebook (you don't need an account to view) http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 1348202679

" At the moment Alex Child is currently a "missing person" if you know of his whereabouts please contact Kent Police on:

01622 690690 Ref: 240527.

He was supposed to be filming in Bognor Regis on Sunday, (possibly with some Chichester College Students/ Students in the West Sussex area?) but his car was found abandoned near Maidstone in Kent. The car is very distinctive so maybe someone will remember seeing it?

If anyone has any information please get in touch. Please spread this message even if you don't know him."

Here's hoping he turns up safe and sound, whatever has happened.

600222_10151490343134583_123397752_n.jpg

Some of you may know Alex Child from his Twitter feed, or his facebook, or the film projects and cars he's interested in. I've just learned through Twitter that he's an official missing person and thought it best to spread the word here because while there's not much I can do, perhaps this will help a little. I've only just started to get to know him through Twitter, but from what little I've learned so far, he seems like a thoroughly good egg.

There's this over on Facebook (you don't need an account to view) http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 1348202679

" At the moment Alex Child is currently a "missing person" if you know of his whereabouts please contact Kent Police on:

01622 690690 Ref: 240527.

He was supposed to be filming in Bognor Regis on Sunday, (possibly with some Chichester College Students/ Students in the West Sussex area?) but his car was found abandoned near Maidstone in Kent. The car is very distinctive so maybe someone will remember seeing it?

If anyone has any information please get in touch. Please spread this message even if you don't know him."

Here's hoping he turns up safe and sound, whatever has happened.

600222_10151490343134583_123397752_n.jpg

Well after a small amount of G3 and buffering action I applied some Simoniz colour polish.Was going to do a before and after but the Pogweasel pink and highly polished red didn't look much different.Instead I thought I'd show what 100k miles difference looks like.My new motah is a one lady plus supplying dealer 59 thousand miler.Martin's has done 163k has the wheels,a Saxo rear spoiler and five speed 'box.

8591534685_efe4fea7e3.jpg

Bought from BCA yesterday I drove it today.The last service was at 50k in 2007 and the MOT was at the ministry testing station with no advisories.Just been through the MOT history and this little car averaged between 1500 and 1800 miles a year since 2006.The four speed gearbox helps keep your speed down as the engine really does need that extra gear.

Well after a small amount of G3 and buffering action I applied some Simoniz colour polish.Was going to do a before and after but the Pogweasel pink and highly polished red didn't look much different.Instead I thought I'd show what 100k miles difference looks like.My new motah is a one lady plus supplying dealer 59 thousand miler.Martin's has done 163k has the wheels,a Saxo rear spoiler and five speed 'box.

8591534685_efe4fea7e3.jpg

Bought from BCA yesterday I drove it today.The last service was at 50k in 2007 and the MOT was at the ministry testing station with no advisories.Just been through the MOT history and this little car averaged between 1500 and 1800 miles a year since 2006.The four speed gearbox helps keep your speed down as the engine really does need that extra gear.

I’ve got my Doblo van in for a re-test tomorrow. It failed on a holey back box last week so I ordered a replacement off eBay, which when it arrived said ‘SATISFACTION GUARANTEED’ on it. I was very ‘satisfied’ to find the fuking pipe on it was the wrong diameter and would not attach to the existing exhaust system. I chopped it off and made a new attaching pipe then arsed about fitting it and adjusting the various brackets so it didn’t clack on the rear springs etc. If the mid section ever snaps its going to be a right bo11ock getting a new one to co-operate with the manky lashed-up exhaust that’s on there now. Then a new pair of orange bulbs in the indicators (my MOT garage fails every single car I take to them on that one) and an oil change and we’re hopefully good to go.

With any luck I can get down the DVLA office on Thursday and get the damn thing on the road, Ms_bo1x is away all next week with the Mondeo so the van might find itself trying to A-frame that Rover commerce back to base. FUN FUN FUN