Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

^FOR FUCKS SAKE!Presumably yean another SHIT CHAZZA RALLY CHARIOT. It wasfunny once, about 8 years ago. Look at all those UTTER MONGS standing there, presumably having their pic taken for some shit local paper"ESTATE AGENTS CAR-AZY ADVENTURE""A group of mindless dullards from a random provincial backwater are taking on the challenge of driving, in a car, from one place to another place not all that far away. They are hoping to raise £8.03 for charidee. What makes this amazingly unspectacular event even more pointless is that their car cost -just- £250 AND they have painted it pink! Let's hope these WHACKY RACERS make it all the way to Calais OK."All such individuals need a firm kick in the knackers/clack

Hey MikeD, where are you up to with your Mazda truck?

I'm sick to the teeth of it! Give me a ton and it's yours :)
The above = -10 on my part! i've managed to do bollox all with it apart from buy new wings and door skins. shite failure. must try harder.

What's a.....

arch-typical careful Datsun Car Club member woman driver

......when it's at home?? :lol:

It's someone that has provided me with a smashing car that has the most comprehensive history file i've ever seen :)

All your 1200 Estates are belong to me :D

Sorry, might have lost some of the quoting business there.

I met Dorothy Crick who owned this car, really nice lady. I saw her with it down at Will's at a post-Bromley Datsun OC get-together some years ago. Got a pic of it back then somewhere.

She is also partly responsible for me having the ex-Datsun/Nissan UK files, in that through her I found out about the chap who held them as he'd done a build date check on her car to prove it was 1972 built and therefore tax exempt. I talked to him, and ended up with the files a while later (which reminds me about something I need to sort).

What's a.....

arch-typical careful Datsun Car Club member woman driver

......when it's at home?? :lol:

It's someone that has provided me with a smashing car that has the most comprehensive history file i've ever seen :)

All your 1200 Estates are belong to me :D

Sorry, might have lost some of the quoting business there.

I met Dorothy Crick who owned this car, really nice lady. I saw her with it down at Will's at a post-Bromley Datsun OC get-together some years ago. Got a pic of it back then somewhere.

She is also partly responsible for me having the ex-Datsun/Nissan UK files, in that through her I found out about the chap who held them as he'd done a build date check on her car to prove it was 1972 built and therefore tax exempt. I talked to him, and ended up with the files a while later (which reminds me about something I need to sort).

I have that very letter in among the mega comprehensive history. You're welcome to pop over for a peruse, i think you'd find it interesting :)

All such individuals need a firm kick in the knackers/clack

Hehe, been there, done it, not been hoofed in the pods yet. Be like me and take this to Italia then have it KRUSHED cos you're due back at work the next day and Easyjet won't wait forever:

Posted Image

I'm too tired to save the picture, go to photobucket.com, find the picture on my hard drive, upload the picture, come back to the message, type out the code, click on the IMG link, paste it in between the code & post the message. Sorry. But feel free! I'm about to get an early night for once (yes midnight is early for me) :wink:

Posted Image

1.5 + autobox + alloyz = DRYFT WEPPON

That looks pretty nice to be honest! I'd fire the alloys out of a cannon into the sun obviously. Bet the autobox makes it reassuringly slow.

Posted Image

i had it sold to a collector but he pulled out of the deal because its not uk registered and i have no paper work

needs a little bit of tlc but a shame to squash but with the price of scrap thats wats happin to it

So there's no paperwork with the car.... and even with the price of scrap so high, how much will he get for a car that's barely 600kg, half of which is duroplast :?

I never knew that! Although you're basically hosting directly from some site so if it goes down or removes the picture, your link is ruined.

Correct Rich, now start reading this thread again from page 1 onwards and see how many pictures are still active. :)

"Don't keep asking me 'Why' Reg, it just happens to be that year"

Would have worked if it wasn't an A-reg! Nearly all of them seem to be Y-reg models in beige, usually with the 1.7 engine which I imagine is fairly grim.Still fancy one though, for trips down to garden centres, local steam fairs or a quick trip to the reservoir to check the level.

"Don't keep asking me 'Why' Reg, it just happens to be that year"

Would have worked if it wasn't an A-reg! Nearly all of them seem to be Y-reg models in beige, usually with the 1.7 engine which I imagine is fairly grim.Still fancy one though, for trips down to garden centres, local steam fairs or a quick trip to the reservoir to check the level.
I can confirm these 1.7 wedges are pretty freakin shit slow. Although, they are quite economical on a run due to fairly high gearing despite being a 4-speed (I got 42mpg out of my x-reg one years ago) and the ride quality is amazing! genuinely as good as anything else on the road, citroens, jags etc of all ages included.I would absolutely love another. The thing which always puts me off is looking after the Hydragas suspension.... I was given an Austin 1100 with suspension problems as my first ever car, and suffered the frustration of never being able to pump the bastard up (+ therefore drive it). However I now think its possible to make a good pump out of a grease gun and a special valve off eBay, so that doesnt worry me so much, to the extent that the yella Maxi off eBay is looking very tempting, if nothing else as an excuse to make a pump and try it!.