The Epic Austrian owned R16 from Germany doing French things in a Parallel Universe near England Saga

Junkman

Smashing. 

Further evidence that not all heroes wear capes.  Sometimes it's chinos and a smile not dissimilar to Suggs'.

10/10. 

****. Your pictures aren't loading for me. What have you got? I can see its a Renault...is it a 16?

Are you heading further north?

****. Your pictures aren't loading for me. What have you got? I can see its a Renault...is it a 16?

Certainly not a great advert for Photobucket. My gran could display photos quicker than that, and she's dead.

However, WINNING. That is very much it.

• Like 3

Certainly not a great advert for Photobucket. My gran could display photos quicker than that, and she's dead.

However, WINNING. That is very much it.

Yeah but waht has he got? I feel like there's a big party and i'm the only one not invited. Is it a 16?

We have retreated to the currently northernmost outpost of the GGG.

34611698344_01d7cfe9c0_b.jpg

The typical ladies' choice when the GGG shows up is going on:

35323202511_5aa543007a_b.jpg

• Like 4

Yeah but waht has he got? I feel like there's a big party and i'm the only one not invited. Is it a 16?

No he's bought a Renault Koleos Diesel with leather seats, apparently no one in Britain actually bought one, even though they were on sale here for 4 years. The GGG as usual were ahead of the curve when it came to recognising the classic potential of what others think is just old shite- see also Rover P6.

Also as you can't see the pictures, I feel I should point out Mr Conelrad lost the fingers of his right hand to a giant French pussy and is currently sitting at a speed dating event at what looks ,from the white plastic garden furniture, a retro French Pikey site.

Any more info I can provide about the photos, just ask.

You're welcome!

That's proper gorgeous. What does the script in the back window say - something like all modern Renaults are shit? Oh, one more question, you don't have a famous, but bloody annoying son called Edward, do you?! ;)

• Like 2

Wrong gears, 4 cylinders short, has some alien species captured Junkman and replaced him with a doppelganger? LOL

That's proper gorgeous. What does the script in the back window say - something like all modern Renaults are shit?

Thank you so much!

I think it says "Everything built after 1986 is total tosh."

Oh, one more question, you don't have a famous, but bloody annoying son called Edward, do you?! ;)

Not that I know of.

• Like 1

That cat reminds me of Goering in a fur coat.

Not that I ever met the Reichsmarschall, but I lived in Hamburg once.

Nice renolt m8.

Carry on.

post-3069-0-95783500-1496269828_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Stupid question - does anyone know how to open that air flap?

It's been 35 years since I drove a 16 , but I seem to remember it's a lever down near ones left shin, sort of where a bonnet pull might be. Presumably the vent and lever are dependent on left or right hand drive, also am I right in thinking very early cars just had a vent with no flap?

DAY TWO

The car must be registered before we can drive it away. So the dealer is driving us to a fairly distant town so we can experience some German bureaucracy.

002c8206739eaaa97b9ec29642d182b8.jpg

Hmm, I don't know enough German to know exactly what's going on here but I do know enough "a large queue has formed behind us and there's a lot of quick back and forth" to know is not going 100% smoothly.

• Like 3