Cars in Colour

BorniteIdentity

l54NjrG.jpg

Oooh yeaaah!!

And check out the matching(-ish) caravan.

I seem to remember some sweets in this colour. I think some square Spangles were this colour. Maybe it was Opal Fruits.....

It was Opal Fruits. That colour was the lime one.

Opal Fruits: made to make your mouth water

^ That's what I was thinking about. They actually look a stronger green colour than I remember. Still going to sample a bag of them though.

I have visions in my mind now of finding a long-forgotten 1978 Vauxhall Royale coupe automatic somewhere in that Chevette colour in a basic spec with steel-wheels and chrome hubcaps, and green velour interior.

nFuzwDk.jpg

More green.

This colour is Highland-Green. It reminds me of Mk2 Granada taxis. Or bathrooms. I've a pic somewhere of a wrecked 3.0S in this rare colour.

In the US Highland-Green is the colour name of Steve McQueen's Bullitt Mustang.

Interesting mirror arrangement going on with this Capri. "Yeah, just put it on there, it's not doing anyone any good on the shelf".

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2018 at 11:14 AM, JeeExEll said:

How about these, they're Tilley's Chocolate Limes. Hmm, still a bit bright maybe.9UKARtm.jpgl54NjrG.jpg

My parents had chevettes in that very same colour! I got my love of them from that and didn't think the colour was anything special (my Mum likes green). Looking back at it now, I can't imagine them in any other particular hue. :)

On 2/25/2018 at 7:39 AM, forddeliveryboy said:

I learned to drive in the sister to this car. Only I had to imagine that those girls were hanging off it (very easy for a hormone raging teen) :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone ever seen a crystal blue XR3i?   Very rare colour that even some ford bods refuse to believe happened, well it did and my neighbour had one in the late 90's  F***KEV and it stated 'crystal blue' on the VIN and apparently a one off batch painted in this colour in 1988,  although funnily enough being in Essex I also saw another one once F***LVW,  Here is the only picture I can find online of one

crystal_blue_xr3i.jpg.dba975c76f98fdd231ef72dfda0b1ba4.jpg