Cars in Colour

BorniteIdentity

l54NjrG.jpg

Oooh yeaaah!!

And check out the matching(-ish) caravan.

I seem to remember some sweets in this colour. I think some square Spangles were this colour. Maybe it was Opal Fruits.....

It was Opal Fruits. That colour was the lime one.

Opal Fruits: made to make your mouth water

• Like 2

And some sort of boiled sugar coated sweets with chocolate inside.

Will have to visit a sweet shop to investigate. Am struggling to imagine what that Chevette would taste like.

"Don't look at old pics of Chevettes folks, they'll rot your teeth".

Chocolate limes.

Chocolate-Lime-Sweets.png

• Like 2

^ That's what I was thinking about. They actually look a stronger green colour than I remember. Still going to sample a bag of them though.

I have visions in my mind now of finding a long-forgotten 1978 Vauxhall Royale coupe automatic somewhere in that Chevette colour in a basic spec with steel-wheels and chrome hubcaps, and green velour interior.

I reckon those chocolate limes have been the victim of image processing, old chocolate limes were more Ford Crystal Green or Rover Opaline Green and the interior chocolate was always Mk1 Astra Poo Brown.

nFuzwDk.jpg

More green.

This colour is Highland-Green. It reminds me of Mk2 Granada taxis. Or bathrooms. I've a pic somewhere of a wrecked 3.0S in this rare colour.

In the US Highland-Green is the colour name of Steve McQueen's Bullitt Mustang.

Interesting mirror arrangement going on with this Capri. "Yeah, just put it on there, it's not doing anyone any good on the shelf".

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a Dame Edna Saab in a mad green today - and then a Prius, and then a Merc...turns out Guildford like their taxis to be distinctive. I like it.

guildford-taxi-wrap2.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/17/2018 at 11:14 AM, JeeExEll said:

How about these, they're Tilley's Chocolate Limes. Hmm, still a bit bright maybe.9UKARtm.jpgl54NjrG.jpg

My parents had chevettes in that very same colour! I got my love of them from that and didn't think the colour was anything special (my Mum likes green). Looking back at it now, I can't imagine them in any other particular hue. :)

On 2/25/2018 at 7:39 AM, forddeliveryboy said:

I learned to drive in the sister to this car. Only I had to imagine that those girls were hanging off it (very easy for a hormone raging teen) :D

• Like 1

My Mum went on to buy one of these:

We used to joke that she must have had money off for taking a car in the colour. In truth, she waited for it to arrive!

post-20944-0-32856100-1520689131_thumb.jpg

It ended up with the nickname 'snot' which I thought was funny - until I inherited it...

It was a diesel too!

I've been trying to figure out what this fantastic Rootes colour is and I *think* it's Limelight.  Anyone else know?

post-5335-0-26187100-1520689381_thumb.jpg

Another Rootes colour I'm fond of is this lovely pale yellow.  Is this Spring Yellow?

post-5335-0-06890900-1520689490_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

With all these amazing colour stories choose from in 1974, why did someone tick the 'metallic silver' box when they bought my car?

post-20944-0-85586300-1520691366_thumb.jpg

post-20944-0-82732500-1520691411_thumb.jpg

And what is 'Cockney Brown'? How do you come up with a name like that?

post-20944-0-05003100-1520691329_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Check out the early Passats in this video.

I wish we could buy a sensible, spacious, economical German family car today in BRIGHT ORANGE or BRIGHT GREEN.

Did anyone ever buy a 911 in Karminrot or did it just exist for painting Beetles and Karmann Ghias in the 90's?

My E30 is in  Karminrot - not seen another in it though . fades real bad - so much so ive given up polishing it 

post-3875-0-78787200-1523125613_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

c139792456730b35c398abcfab73505c.jpg

Cars still very much bought in colour in Leicester, a tonic to the sea of grey, silver and black I see outside my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

eZIbuwO.jpg

2MU6vs6.jpg

Transform the look of your car in 30 seconds with ***** NEW ***** Halfords aerosol sprays, 49p each, this weekend only. Offer applies to selected colours only. (Red).

Last road taxed 30 years ago.

Anyone ever seen a crystal blue XR3i?   Very rare colour that even some ford bods refuse to believe happened, well it did and my neighbour had one in the late 90's  F***KEV and it stated 'crystal blue' on the VIN and apparently a one off batch painted in this colour in 1988,  although funnily enough being in Essex I also saw another one once F***LVW,  Here is the only picture I can find online of one

crystal_blue_xr3i.jpg.dba975c76f98fdd231ef72dfda0b1ba4.jpg

• Like 6