Skizzer’s Vauxhall 2300S: cool again

Skizzer

I think it's wafty, and silver, and ridiculously cheap....

It's a bit wafty, perhaps, but not silver. I would say it was very fairly priced rather than ridiculously cheap.

No shite in Swindon station car park unless you count a grubby Alfa 156. There was a roe deer in a field just behind the Dick Lovett BMW dealership, though.

("Dick? Lovett." Snigger.)

Reading already. This Is The Age Of The Train. (Being an original HST125, the age of this particular train is about 39.)

Just spotted a black Farina Austin Cambridge estate - wow. Soz no pic, too far away and I was too slow.

• Like 3

Guest Breadvan72

No shite in Swindon station car park unless you count a grubby Alfa 156. There was a roe deer in a field just behind the Dick Lovett BMW dealership, though.

I once parked a grubby Alfa 156 in Swindon station car park, as part of a needlessly complex car swappage plan that featured an SD1 with a reasonably creditable Marine Life Centre located in its gloveboxes.  That led on to all sorts of calamitous BL related shenanigans later on, but did at least mean that I got to hang out with Skiz and, more importantly, meet the uber glammo Frau Skizzer.  

• Like 2

If you happen to run into traffic or trouble around the Lakeside area on the way back, Parky Recovery Service may be available if Mrs Parky hasn't dragged me off to the Garden Centre

• Like 2

Thanks Parky!

Re the Alfa 156, I was recalling fondly that very occasion as I passed by, Mr Breadvan.

Unlocked new level: Tube. Everyone is grumpy, because London.

post-4091-0-21365600-1454152119_thumb.jpg

Not a gopping Rover. Not gopping at all, in fact - but Anglo. Well, a lot of it is Anglo.

Is it lunchtime yet? Tummy says yes.

post-4091-0-48430400-1454153383_thumb.jpg

Camden sandwiches and charity popcorn - how metrosexual am I?

@Parky - might well be...

• Like 3

If it's a C2C train and it goes through Chafford Hundred, I will put on my Jenny Agutter outfit and run up and down the platform for your delectation when you pull in

Yay! It's this train, the 11.43 out of Liverpool Street. Appears to stop everywhere, and is badged up National Express (c2c) which I thought meant buses but apparently not.

post-4091-0-97184100-1454154165_thumb.jpg

I'll watch out for someone waving red knickers. (Always a good policy, in fact.)

Sadly Mrs P has kicked off about a damaged plinth in the kitchen so I now find myself in B&Q dressed as Jenny Agutter. Some man just said "look son, Grayson Perry"

Could be worse Parky, you could be dressed as Jenny Agutter in Walkabout.

I'm in rural(-ish) Essex now, land of my forebears. I come from a long line of farm labourers from Tolleshunt D'Arcy, although I'm not going that far north today. I'm going to the seaside!

Basildon now. Looks a bit grim.

Could be worse Parky, you could be dressed as Jenny Agutter in Walkabout.

By which I meant Walkabout the movie instead of The Railway Children, not Walkabout the chain of sleazy Australian themed bars instead of B&Q... Oh never mind.

Basildon looks a bit grim? You should try going in it for maximum Jeremy Kyle lolz.

Although it did produce Depeche Mode, Alison Moyet and Kunt and the Gang so it has some good points

• Like 2

I would click 'like' on the Jenny pic but I've just sent Mrs Skizzer a link to this thread so she can enjoy* it on her hols, so I'd better feign uninterest.

I can see the sea! Well, Thames estuary. Photo when I get to proper seaside, shortly.

• Like 2

Beyond excited - new car, meeting AngryDicky and EssDeeWon, plus I'm in Southend which we all know from the aforementioned gents' spotting threads is literally throbbing with tat.