C&PR Railway Visit - Driver for a fiver mug shots!

Six-cylinder

^^^^  Best I can do WSE . . .

Six-cylinder, on 07 Dec 2015 - 10:15 PM, said:snapback.png

At last we have been offered a date by the C&PR Railway for an exclusive visit.

We have been offered Saturday 25th June 2016.

We need about 35 (they can take up to 65) to take the railway over, for me to judge if we can raise enough people I have produced a list, so please can you add yourself to the list if there is a good chance you will join in with this trip. The likely cost (yet to be confirmed) is £15.00 per adult. Arrivals at the railway from 11.00am.

If this date works then we will open our field up to Shitefest 2016.

Proposed Itinerary

Starting off with a freshly prepared light lunch in the railway's dining cars, we'll take a trip down the line to Horsenden Lane in W55023, a 1960 heritage 'bubble car' with twin AEC engines and an all round view of the countryside.

On our return, there will be a walking tour of the railway yard and the opportunity to get 'up close and personal' with steam, diesel and electric rolling stock, both in service and under restoration. You will be able to climb inside locomotive cabs and perhaps even walk through the engine bay of Class 31163, a mainline diesel locomotive!

For those who have always wanted to have a go at driving a locomotive, the 1953 diesel shunter 'Haversham' (13018/D3018/08011) will be on hand to offer 'Driver for a Fiver' driving turns up and down the platform, between the home signals. £5 in the donation bucket will get you a great 'thrash' up and down the platform, supervised by the C&PRR's friendly traincrew.

The fully operational Chinnor Signal Box will be open to take a look around and those feeling strong can have a go at pulling the levers!

The Tea Room will remain open for light refreshments and also the Station Shop, offering gifts for adults and children alike, a wide selection of transport books and Bachmann model trains.

The railway car park will then provide plenty of space to park up our cars for individual and group photographs, to record the occasion, before we close the day and head home.

The Railway has facilities for the less able-bodied and the station platform, WC, dining coaches, W55023 'bubble car' and lower part of the railway yard are all accessible to wheelchairs and pushchairs.

Six-cylinder, on 08 Dec 2015 - 08:18 AM, said:snapback.png

I had anticipated Shitefest 2016 will open on the Friday and stragglers leave Monday. However if anybody wants to camp for longer either side of the event I don't see that as a problem, just let me know.

Six-cylinder, on 02 May 2016 - 10:49 AM, said:snapback.png

Our visit to the Chinnor and Princess Risborough railway approaching so I think it is time to start gathering in the money. My preference is to gather the money using paypal but I can accept bank transfers if needed. Please PM me with you request for my paypal or bank details and I will PM you back with them. Please can you make sure your forum name is on any paypal or bank transfer transactions you send me so I can reference them and mark you as paid.

Remember that Shitefest has its own thread/list which I will use to send out direction to our field.

Six-cylinder, on 02 May 2016 - 2:07 PM, said:snapback.png

Railway Visit, 0-2 Free, 3-15 £7.00, adult £15.00.

http://www.chinnorrailway.co.uk/article.php/2/visit-the-railway

Also, Six-cylinder will PM exact location of his SF16 field of dreams nearer the time.

HTH

Added to that, for a rough public location it was mentioned that Tesco Buckingham was 3 miles away.

Oh and Will, don't forget your bike!

One more with GoGentley committing to the visit.

1 Six-cylinder

2 Richard

3 Dollywobbler

4 richardmorris

5 strangeangel

6 hairnet

7 mat_the_cat

8 bub2006

9 sloth in a bowl

10The Moog

11Conkerman

12 beko1987 and possible child

13 Fat_Pirate

14 Arthur foxhake

15 chaseracer

16 wuvvum

17 willswitchengage

18 Trigger

19 Cortinaboy

20 Dermist

21 Angrydicky

22 Skizzer

23 binhoker668

24 RobT

25 davidfowler2000

26 cms206

27 Semi-C

28 quicksilver

29AnthonyG

30Catsinthewelder

31 Nibblet

32 Ruffgeezer

33 Cheggers

34 Essexman

35 Beko's mate Dan

36 Wife of Pillock

37 For Fiats Sake

38 FPB7

39 Pillock

40 Vin

41 Cleon-Fonte

42 doobietoo

43 EssDeeWon

44 GoGentley

Children are welcomed by the Railway, 0-2 Free, 3-15 £7.00, adult £15.00.

Our visit to the Chinnor and Princess Risborough railway is approaching so I think it is time to start gathering in the money. My preference is to gather the money using paypal but I can accept bank transfers if needed. Please PM me with you request for my paypal or bank details and I will PM you back with them. Please can you make sure your forum name is on any paypal or bank transfer transactions you send me so I can reference them and mark you as paid.

Remember that Shitefest has its own thread/list which I will use to send out direction to our field.

Sadly I don't think I can make this now, and neither can Mrs_Pillock.

We were down as bonus people, but if financial contribution is needed to stop the first 35 having to pay more let me know and I'll chuck some into the fund.

Two Less.

1 Six-cylinder

2 Richard

3 Dollywobbler

4 richardmorris

5 strangeangel

6 hairnet

7 mat_the_cat

8 bub2006

9 sloth in a bowl

10The Moog

11Conkerman

13 Fat_Pirate

14 Arthur foxhake

15 chaseracer

16 wuvvum

17 willswitchengage

18 Trigger

19 Cortinaboy

20 Dermist

21 Angrydicky

22 Skizzer

23 binhoker668

24 RobT

25 davidfowler2000

26 cms206

27 Semi-C

28 quicksilver

29AnthonyG

30Catsinthewelder

31 Nibblet

32 Ruffgeezer

33 Cheggers

34 Essexman

35 Beko's mate Dan

36 For Fiats Sake

37 FPB7

38 Vin

39 Cleon-Fonte

40 doobietoo

41 EssDeeWon

42 GoGentley

Our visit to the Chinnor and Princess Risborough railway is approaching so I think it is time to start gathering in the money. My preference is to gather the money using paypal but I can accept bank transfers if needed. Please PM me with you request for my paypal or bank details and I will PM you back with them. Please can you make sure your forum name is on any paypal or bank transfer transactions you send me so I can reference them and mark you as paid.

Update.

1 Six-cylinder

2 Richard

3 Dollywobbler

4 richardmorris

5 strangeangel

6 hairnet

7 mat_the_cat

8 bub2006

9 sloth in a bowl

10The Moog

11Conkerman

13 Fat_Pirate

14 Arthur foxhake

15 chaseracer

16 wuvvum

17 willswitchengage

18 Cortinaboy

19 Dermist

20 Angrydicky

21 Skizzer

22 binhoker668

23 RobT

24 davidfowler2000

25 cms206

26 Semi-C

27 quicksilver

28AnthonyG

29Catsinthewelder

30 Nibblet

31 Ruffgeezer

32 Cheggers

33 Essexman

34 Beko's mate Dan

35 For Fiats Sake

36 FPB7

37 Cleon-Fonte

38 doobietoo

39 EssDeeWon

40 GoGentley

1 Six-cylinder

2 Richard

3 Dollywobbler

4 richardmorris

5 strangeangel

6 hairnet

7 mat_the_cat

8 bub2006

9 sloth in a bowl

10The Moog

11Conkerman

13 Fat_Pirate

14 Arthur foxhake

15 chaseracer

16 wuvvum

17 willswitchengage

18 Cortinaboy

19 Dermist

20 Angrydicky

21 Skizzer

22 binhoker668

23 RobT

24 davidfowler2000

25 cms206

26 Semi-C

27 quicksilver

28AnthonyG

29Catsinthewelder

30 Nibblet

31 Ruffgeezer

32 Cheggers

33 Essexman

34 Beko's mate Dan

35 For Fiats Sake

36 FPB7

37 Cleon-Fonte

38 doobietoo

39 EssDeeWon

40 GoGentley

41 Beko's dad Neil

Paid. I hope.

1 Six-cylinder
2 Richard
3 Dollywobbler
4 richardmorris
5 strangeangel
6 hairnet
7 mat_the_cat
8 bub2006
9 sloth in a bowl
10The Moog
11Conkerman
13 Fat_Pirate
14 Arthur foxhake
15 chaseracer
16 wuvvum
17 willswitchengage
18 Cortinaboy
19 Dermist
20 Angrydicky
21 Skizzer
22 binhoker668
23 RobT
24 davidfowler2000
25 cms206
26 Semi-C
27 quicksilver
28AnthonyG
29Catsinthewelder
30 Nibblet
31 Ruffgeezer
32 Cheggers
33 Essexman
34 Beko's mate Dan
35 For Fiats Sake
36 FPB7
37 Cleon-Fonte
38 doobietoo
39 EssDeeWon
40 GoGentley
41 Beko's dad Neil 
42 Dollywobbler's Bro-in-law
42.5 Dollywobbler's nephew

Still awaiting confirmation of time off from work to attend, hopefully will know next week.  Even if I don't get the three days off I should have a normal day off on Saturday so could still attend the railway day and off away early on Sunday morning for afternoon shift if worst comes to it.

Pm me the paypal account info please and I'll transfer some dosh.

A bit undecided about this. I'm definitely up for the Buckingham-based Shitefest shenanigans but with no appointment for my surgery yet it's looking like I won't be driving by then. My dad's happy to come along to the main Shitefest but isn't keen on the railway visit. On the other hand 6cyl has promised to pay for my train drive for guessing the location of his 2CV photo so it'd be a shame to miss out on that experience. Meet at the field of dreams and blag a lift with someone in a vehicle of interest?

A bit undecided about this. I'm definitely up for the Buckingham-based Shitefest shenanigans but with no appointment for my surgery yet it's looking like I won't be driving by then. My dad's happy to come along to the main Shitefest but isn't keen on the railway visit. On the other hand 6cyl has promised to pay for my train drive for guessing the location of his 2CV photo so it'd be a shame to miss out on that experience. Meet at the field of dreams and blag a lift with someone in a vehicle of interest?

How nearby are you? I'm sure someone could scoop you up and as several of us don't drink, there would be no worries getting you back home again.

How nearby are you? I'm sure someone could scoop you up and as several of us don't drink, there would be no worries getting you back home again.

I live in Buckingham so probably 2-3 miles max from 6cyl's field, maybe less. My dad is into cars so he will definitely attend some of the proceedings but I'm not sure he wants to be involved for the whole weekend so it would be great to have other options as I want to make the most of a Shitefest right on my doorstep to meet all you fine people and your excellent vehicles.

• Like 1

^ CleonFonte's also offered me the use of his Bongo awning if QS needs a spot in the caravan to kip.  Options are open  :)

1 Six-cylinder

2 Richard

3 Dollywobbler

4 richardmorris

5 strangeangel

6 hairnet

7 mat_the_cat

8 bub2006

9 sloth in a bowl

10The Moog

11Conkerman

13 Fat_Pirate

14 Arthur foxhake

15 chaseracer

16 wuvvum

17 willswitchengage

18 Cortinaboy

19 Dermist

20 Angrydicky

21 Skizzer

22 binhoker668

23 RobT

24 davidfowler2000

25 cms206

26 Semi-C

27 quicksilver

28AnthonyG

29Catsinthewelder

30 Nibblet

31 Ruffgeezer

32 Cheggers

33 Essexman

34 Beko's mate Dan

35 For Fiats Sake

36 FPB7

37 Cleon-Fonte

38 doobietoo

39 EssDeeWon

40 GoGentley

41 Beko's dad Neil 

42 Dollywobbler's Bro-in-law

42.5 Dollywobbler's nephew

43 Moogs Bro in Law

44 Mooglet Nephew

45Mooglet Nephew

Will probably come over in the 2cv- is that ok or will we be over chevroned?

That's the great thing about this forum, you can drive what you like!

Is there room for any more or are you full?

I only ask as I'll be staying at my sister's ( to avoid m3 closure chaos) and she's expressed interest.

Is there room for any more or are you full?

I only ask as I'll be staying at my sister's ( to avoid m3 closure chaos) and she's expressed interest.

I don't see a problem with one more if she does not mind being in bad company, there is always a danger after a few hours with us she will want to spend her money on an old banger!

I don't see a problem with one more if she does not mind being in bad company, there is always a danger after a few hours with us she will want to spend her money on an old banger!

She currently has a 10 year old scenic, and theoretically owns the 2cv! :-)

I'll let you know of any number updates.

Will probably come over in the 2cv- is that ok or will we be over chevroned?

We could have a chevron corner! I'll park out the way though as my chevron isn't that cool

Judging by comments it sounds like the "Driver for a Fiver" is going to be very popular. The railway has timetabled a 2 hour slot between 4pm to 6 pm for the driver for a fiver activity and anticipates that about 20 people will have time to drive the train.

I was planning to simply let folks sort themselves out on the day.

What time are people making their way/getting to the railway then? I thought it would be a morning thing, dont think Eva will last all day...