Fortune Vomits on me Once More

Father Ted

I managed to set a bag of popcorn on fire recently (in the microwave), problem solved by punting the flaming film-treats down the garden.

I too did this just the other day. Was yours out of date? I realised afterwards the one I was trying to do was. Luckly I just took it out the microwave and put it in the sink and ran water on it. Only problem was the smell of burnt popcorn stayed in the kitchen for about 2 days. Shouldn't these microwave popcorn things come with a warning on them saying something like "MAY BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN"??

Well, proof again that I obviously spent my last life kicking puppies or buggering kittens or something of that ilk.Last night I had the sunroof open on the Micra - wide open. But when I came to shut it one of the cables let go meaning it twisted in its frame. Cue much swearing weilding of screwdrivers, beating with spaz hand, trying to push glass back and eventually dismatling of headlining as it grew dfarker and colder. My big fear was breaking the glass and having to drive to B&Q for some ply wood. Sunshine roof finally shut.Mobile phone has given up the ghost and whilst I can hear perfectly what people have to say to me, they cant hear me at all. So will have to buy a new one I suppose.Woke up this morning to the sight of someone had broken into my shed ( not difficult) and nicked a broken generator, a lawnmower and a kids bike - presumably the landslide of crap waiting to happen detered them from the other bikes. They also nicked a couple of planters (?!!!!) of daffs and stuff.News from the wife during the day suggests a few outhouses and garages have been targeted overnight. I think Im insured though, not sure.Lastly had some crap news about my father and his health and the prognosis isnt good. On the whole a bit of a crap year so far.

FT...I assume my Micra is the same model as yours, do you need any parts for it? as mine has cracked its sump and is going to the scrap in the next day or two...........dont think it has a sunroof though, but owt else you are welcome to, can probably even drop the bits off to you with my next set of travels :D

Ooooh, Cheers.Wheel trims if they are the proper Nissan ones and a rocker cover (yes I know - why? Because I want to paint one up to match the car) - otherwise its fine (apart from the sunroof, and believe me I dont want to dismantle that again).Let me know how much and what not.

who is no doubt lying somewhere now with a needle hanging out of him.

I prefer the thought of lying somewhere having been caught and had 10 barrels of shit kicked out of him.F.T. Sorry to read of your luck (all bad!) Hope it changes for you soon.

Sorry to hear about your father.

Cheers ian, dont worry though i just felt the need for an offload with people who would just go "yeah, yeah, yeah" and then talk about a Talbot Tagora they had seen half hidden under a roadline wagon. Mum is pretty much in denial and she will know as well as I do what his blood and ultra sound tests mean.The shed stuff IS insured, but the excess is £100 and wil probaby put the insurnce up by more next year, so for the sake of a £50 lawnmower I really cant be bothered putting in a claim, the genny was borked and Megan was a bit too big for the bike.Just seems to be one thing after another at the moment.

FT...I assume my Micra is the same model as yours dont think it has a sunroof though

To check if your Micra has a sunroof installed...Sit in carlook upcan you see sky?are you getting wet?NO..and NO your car does NOT have a sunroofYES..and YES your car used to have a sunroofYES..AND NO your car does have a sunroofunless it's not raining.............

Ooooh, Cheers.Wheel trims if they are the proper Nissan ones and a rocker cover (yes I know - why? Because I want to paint one up to match the car) - otherwise its fine (apart from the sunroof, and believe me I dont want to dismantle that again).Let me know how much and what not.

it only hasm 3 trims and is yours the 16valve engine?