Dr.Fraud's Private Scrapyard

Sigmund Fraud

I  had an silver 206 but sold it to some bod (who got another silver 206)

It returned.

the local backstreet mech fitted a new (supplied) rear beam  (the courtesy car was a silver 206)

It returned.

I had the same silver 206 and sold it to some bod (who got another silver 206)

it returned

I had the same silver 206 and managed to wear out so many bits it didn't work any more, also  some Megane diesel cam belt went "twang".

Good to know there's stuff still happening.

• 3 months later...

Time for another irregularly irregular update from FRAUD GARAGES !

As one would expect from its low mileage, Mrs F's new 206 has been no* trouble at all :

206Radiator.thumb.JPG.457408e465292f3036d634a11fb9da21.JPG

At least, it flew through its MoT with a single advisory, which was straightforward to address :

206Pads.thumb.JPG.fe12e5eecc939ad7ce8ccdf226f2d4a2.JPG

As a reward, she treated it to a full set of Michelin Crossclimates and an alignment. The Michelins cost an eye-watering amount of money, but are admittedly excellent.

Typically, I haven't had much time to spend on my own cars.

The Chevywoo Tacuma formerly owned by @andyberg has taken over family car duties. As documented elsewhere in this fine forum, Andy had done a brilliant job recommissioning the Tacuma and there was very little left for me to do.

So I replaced the ancient rear tyres with a pair of ATS' finest* Chinese ditchfinders...

HiLo.thumb.JPG.afa9788e82aa040af5c69acba58d32f6.JPG

...replaced the pollen filter(s)...

PollenFilter.thumb.JPG.168cdd1021db42d8436cf211c9bad030.JPG

...topped up the screenwash and took it for a short* drive :

TransEuropeExpresshite.thumb.jpg.a634f85f0b7bca1a95e93aaeb6302cc9.jpg

• 1 month later...

Update time !

Regular readers will remember that Mrs F's Polo failed it's MoT last November, with the tester advising there was a "small hole" in the nearside sill. This is what the "small hole" looked like after I had removed plenty of structural* rubber underseal  :

PoloSmallPatch.JPG

Now, I've long fantasized about driving the terrible old heap onto the local scrapyard's weighbridge. Unfortunately, Mrs F was not keen on my plans for a final solution to the Polo question, and instructed me to repair it.

With the 206 still performing faultlessly, there was no need to rush, so the Polo was parked in my workshop and basically forgotten about until last week.

Then, in a mad rush of activity, this happened :

PoloSill1.thumb.JPG.725089269f080987745e9f295e0937c7.JPG

I initially tried fabricating my own repair patch, but the result was pathetic. Making small patches using a vice and hammer is easy, but my bodywork skills were clearly not good enough for me to make such a large patch without a sheet metal folder. So I went out and bought a full sill, which I trimmed down to size and lap joined onto the car. A butt joint would have allowed an invisible repair, but I saw no point in this considering the state of the rest of the bodywork.

Then, on the hottest day of the year, I attacked it with some filler, primer and paint to tart things up a bit :

PoloSill2.thumb.JPG.e1cf86ba0882392662ca6724156db60e.JPG

Much better ! A couple of coats of lacquer, and it will be ready to drive to the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este MoT station.