Epic Morris Wedge restoration.

rovamota

Just to echo everyone else really, What a fantastic effort you've made on saving this car, when i saw it at the NERC last year i didn't think there was a chance in hell of it being saved but i was wrong.

I'm going back to the NEC on the Saturday this year so I'll be keeping an eye open for you!

Thanks for all the kind comments they are much appreciated. It has been described as a 'croc of shite' elsewhere on the web but we're not fussed. Carpet, seats and windows going in, and the dash is back in, too. We're aiming to get it 99% finished this Saturday.

post-19521-0-64926200-1444930932_thumb.jpg

post-19521-0-22920500-1444930944_thumb.jpg

The mark of an enthusiast,is to take what is seen as a lost cause,and give new life to it regardless that the cost in doing so will far outweigh the value when finished,all the while some people questioning why you would bother with a princess at all,yet the end result being far,far more impressive than any restored Healey,E type or MG, if only for the simple reason that you can't grab a catalogue and buy all the parts.

Said me,just then :-)

The mark of an enthusiast,is to take what is seen as a lost cause,and give new life to it regardless that the cost in doing so will far outweigh the value when finished,all the while some people questioning why you would bother with a princess at all,yet the end result being far,far more impressive than any restored Healey,E type or MG, if only for the simple reason that you can't grab a catalogue and buy all the parts.

Said me,just then :-)

Completely echoes my own feelings, PV.   Any fecker (well, except me) can kit build an MGB or TR4, spray it resale red, bore everybody stupid with it and then bundle it off to auction trailed behind their 11-plate M Class.   This is way beyond worth - just look at that bench seat and those wheel trims.  You guys should be getting a lottery grant for this.

This car and your work stick 2 fingers up at the 'establishment'. I'd say you should be named 'Shiter Of The Year' for this. There is lots of love for the BL wedge on here, and this project is exactly what this site is all about. Well done to you, you should be so proud of what you have done. Just be careful that Licky Narkin doesn't dribble all over that shiny paint :)

As a special treat, as you're being so nice, here's a picture taken today as we refitted the door glass and door trim. We need to attend to some wiring as the welder burnt through the loom at the rear of the car. MoT booked for Friday...

I hope this is giving enough away for you fine people, a bit like a scoop photo. I took it with my phone so I knew it would be shitty enough!

post-19521-0-62724000-1445100234_thumb.jpg