Cuibhlichean an Fhortain

garycox

Has anybody seen this? I just watched it on BBC iPlayer so you don't have to... It's subtitled, an hour long and pretty dull.

It translates as 'Wheels of Fortune' and basically the concept is that 2 teams are given an old car each which they restore in 2 days and for some reason sell it at a normal modern car auction, despite saying countless times that they would get a lot more elsewhere.

In this edition, they have a 5dr Mk2 Golf GTi and a Mk2 Scirocco. "How will they restore them in just 2 days?!" you may well ask... and the answer is that er... they just don't really. Both cars are very tidy to start with, and the detailed restoration is as follows:

Golf - 1 new tyre, a new battery and a radiator hose.

Scirocco - Fixed starter motor, wheels badly repainted including the wheelnuts and tyres.

Oh, and they clean them. All in just 2 days!

So in conclusion, it looks fairly tempting to watch, but just don't. Is useful, however, if you are dying to know what shock absorbers are, which part of a car the "exhaust" is or how to change a battery.

If you're still eager to view this televisual feast, the link's below. Enjoy!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... Episode_1/

Can you tell I was bored tonight?

Is this going to be the new idea for TV, after all these ridiculous interior/house/garden/dog kennel programs have run out of steam. I get wound up very easily by idiots on TV with too much money, no common sense or who are desperate to get in TV with no recognisable talent. Surely it would have been a much better idea to broadcast a simple diy car maintenance for idiots. I see it being broadcasted on a sunday evening for 30 minutes hosted by the Chuckle Brothers and an expired Austin Maxi. Every week there will be the a gearbox stripdown section with Dot Cotton and the theme music will be by Anthrax. Win.

BBC Alba? Can you only watch it on a cheap tv then?The presenter is like Mike Brewer but less knowledgeable!

The Highlands will switchover to completely digital telly before you will, despite the fact that you can't get a full signal on analogue so with digi, there won't be any telly at all.

I'll stick with 'Dotaman', Gaelic version of Playschool back in the day. It was ludicrously shite, never mind that I dont speak the language :lol:

Na for me it was Bzzz! Much better than any English language stuff, despite the fact that I've not got the Gaelic either.There was one kids program, the name of which escapes me, which had a remarkable amount of english-speaking fathers encouraging their pre-school kids to watch. The fact that the presenter was fit-as might have had something to do with it!

Wasnt fallaballam was it? i had a mate at school whos house was so positioned thst they could not get anything from Winter Hill, but picked uo BBC wales perfectly. We used to watch this at dinner time, and sometimed Pobly-cwum - being sex strved adolecents with an interest in clay shooting we used to make up our own storylines. :roll:

Wasnt fallaballam was it? i had a mate at school whos house was so positioned thst they could not get anything from Winter Hill, but picked uo BBC wales perfectly. We used to watch this at dinner time, and sometimed Pobly-cwum - being sex strved adolecents with an interest in clay shooting we used to make up our own storylines. :roll:

Miri Mawr was better..... :lol: