Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

I’ve just unearthed this cassette player from the garage. Came out of my 1986 CX.  Was working (2001, since when it's been in the same box), comes with instruction manual, power lead and two speaker leads ( odd Phillips shaped ones). Any use?

19ABC7B8-E701-4C61-8011-35589BA5D1EF.jpeg

72BB0926-AB03-4721-9678-10E49303055F.jpeg

Considered stopping by on the way home, but really wanted as short a journey as possible. Having driven 600miles in the last two days. Let us know when the next FOD Day is and I’ll bring it up. I think I have other cassette players too in my own cupboard of doom.

Perhaps Sir, would be interested in this fine* SONT Xplod  example from 2003( going by the instructions date). Came out of the Mercedes when I put the DAB unit in. Was working fine. Din connections, but you could chocolate block it. The fascia panel drops down to reveal the cassette deck.  Cutting edge and not cheap twenty years ago.

F55098F7-6035-4F51-814B-E479A467BCE9.jpeg

70574A88-0140-4AF7-A279-04C1C0246BEB.jpeg

I took the Bi-turbo to my favourite garage today to have the replacement driver’s window winder mechanism and motor fitted Mrs6C got from Italy. Because it’s a Maserati the off side rear indicator had failed in the few weeks and 50 miles since it was last there for MOT.

I collected the Mercedes CLK with a fresh MOT and a light service. When I bought it from HMC he warned me the o-s front parking light with its halogen parking bulb was not working and had been worked on without being sorted. When I looked at it with Andyrew I found a slightly burnt bulb holder and a choc block which I could not make work. The report back was they put the bulb in and it works fine with no bulb failure light coming on. The really good news was there was nothing else needed for the MOT.

Ok which did I prefer driving? They are both great and so different it has to be a draw and you NEED both!

They were both so dirty I have only done interior shots today.

IMG_20200226_112820 broad.jpg

IMG_20200226_130459 broad.jpg

Unfortunately my Auto sparks was delayed in foreign lands (Nottingham) and did not attend the CX this week so we have rescheduled it for tomorrow Sunday 1st March 9.30am if anybody wants to witness this you are welcome.

PM if you need address.

We may retire to the house 2 miles away if it gets too cold.