Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Rain Stops play for the Carlton Estate.

Six-cylinder

Never seen a CX in proper red before, splendid. Is it man, semi-man or auto?

The colour is Rouge de Garance only used 1982-1984, which is darker than this photo shows.

It is a 3 speed Auto, a lot of these I/E Pallas s do seem to have Auto boxes.

I have had this car for 9 1/2 years now and I am looking forward to driving it again.

• Like 1

Today before the rain came I have done some more towards tidying the rear wheel arches on my Rover 114, only primer so far. It is going to be hard to find the time between the rain storms as I am working outside to get it ready for Pride of Longbridge.

post-4787-0-46348400-1460398488_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Big day for my GS today, at last in colour!

Not so good news the Auto Electrician could not get a spark from the CX2400 and now wants a wiring diagram.

I was banned from the garage so could not get any further with the Metro.

post-4787-0-95287500-1460489369_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-37051000-1460489430_thumb.jpg

mmmm chocolate GS. Couldn't eat a whole one though.

Did I notice another CX in the background of the Rover pic?

The GS is back in its original colour Brun Cigale, which is much more bronze than the dark brown Met it has been in for the last few years.

The other CX has been on here as I got it last July, it is a 1985 2500 I/E Pallas, 68k and great to drive. So I have a CX2400 why did I need a 2500! Answers on a post card please.

I should be working but…..

I need the Metro for Pride of Longbridge on Saturday, my friend has been helping me out finishing off tidying the rear wheel arches but he has left me to put the wheels back on. I am slightly disappointed, the Halfords Nightfire Red aerosol I bought is a poor colour match.

Then for a week tomorrow I need my Vitesse for a Classic “Drive It Day†tour I am doing in Wales based in the Haford hotel where the last two Shitefests were held.

The plan has been to take my Triumph Vitesse for some time so I have had it serviced. Bringing home I noticed that the heater was cold and the fan did not work. I did not notice on the way because it ran so badly, it turnes out that some clown around the Film company it had been with had swapped a couple of plug leads around.

I took the water hoses of the heater valve and found the valve was jammed solid with brown grunge, the air line followed by the hose pipe soon had it cleared but me and the car were covered in brown water afterwards. I check the fues for the heater fan and found that was ok so I followed the wiring best I could and nothing seemed a miss. There are not many parts to 60s Triumph electrics so is the fan seized or the switch not working? Its my day today it was the switch, it works with a wiggle but I will order a replacement. To finish getting it ready the passenger door jammed today and the car needs a good clean and some paint touch up.

To finish the evening I have started to machine polish my MGB GT, just the bonnet and front wings tonight and it was great that the polish was still drying at 7.45pm. All this is because I am using it next Tuesday for a MG Club event.

I will have to go to work one day….

post-4787-0-29998100-1460661390_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-64601500-1460661433_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-24784100-1460661452_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-51774300-1460661466_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed. Got a text from my wife, who demonstrated her loyalty to Citroen by saying "there's a CX down the pub!" Not bothered about the other stuff!

I would have wondered down to say 'hello,' but I've only just finished working. Perhaps catch you tomorrow? I'll be down the station from about half ten, and will be heading off for our road run at about half twelve.

Good News and Bad!

I have a great weekend driving around Wales in my CX2500, first with a group of friends and then as happened I was staying local to Dollywobbler, I joined in with his Drive it Day Tour today.

post-4787-0-56878900-1461527936_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-57358900-1461528046_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-41647000-1461528086_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-29777900-1461528133_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-48810500-1461528154_thumb.jpg

eep

coulda been worse coulda been a nice car

doesnt look like its pushed the alfa much into the verge

I like that 156 and have been using it.

The back corner is wedged into a small tree, so I still have the fun of releasing it without doing more damage.

Bad luck there, at least there's no question of fault.

In other news, what a hero, each time I check up on this thread there's another car you haven't told us about, or you're just collecting one. Living the AS dream.

• Like 2

Bad luck there, at least there's no question of fault.

In other news, what a hero, each time I check up on this thread there's another car you haven't told us about, or you're just collecting one. Living the AS dream.

he is bickle but not as far south :lol:

• Like 2

Fuck! I was just going to post how ace the Alfalfa was looking. Christ on a stick, I'd have gone nuclear! 

I hope it is salvageable. damn, damn, damn.

If insurance get involved it'll be written off :(

I am certain you are right about it being written off, so we have already told the neighbour we will try and avoid going though the insurance. I just have not had time to extract it from the hedge and assess the damage to the n-s rear corner where it has been pushed against a small tree.

post-4787-0-90184100-1461609360_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-43468300-1461609402_thumb.jpg

Get in there with a saw and cut the wood back. It hopefully hasn't done too much damage as they are thin and bendy branches. I hope the damage on the other side is just to the door and has not affected the chassis.