Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - FoD Open Weekend 15/16 June

Six-cylinder

I got the threatening SORN letter from the Trevi.

I received the new V5C 17-1-20 and their letter is dated 25-1-20. A bit slick as I had waited weeks to get the V5C for it.

z Trevi SORN threat address removed.jpg

• Sad 1

That Renault is gorgeous, and I say that as someone who thought 14s were a load of crap in the 1980s - mainly because all the UK ones were fucked with rot by the time I noticed them. 

The seat fabric is reason for purchase alone!  I also love the driving/fog lights, although how much use they were when mounted that low is debatable.

I am planning to go to the Field of Dreams tomorrow with Andyrew to work on the Citroen CX, if anybody wants to come and say Hi you are most welcome.

I believe Wingz123 is delivering Lightbulbfuns trailer tomorrow for added action.

I plan to be there soon after 11am.

3 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

I am planning to go to the Field of Dreams tomorrow with Andyrew to work on the Citroen CX, if anybody wants to come and say Hi you are most welcome.

I believe Wingz123 is delivering Lightbulbfuns trailer tomorrow for added action.

I’m bored can I come up?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

how much and who do I need to bribe, for someone to quickly whip the fuel tank out of REV and tell me how bad the damage is? :mrgreen:

5 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

I am planning to go to the Field of Dreams tomorrow with Andyrew to work on the Citroen CX, if anybody wants to come and say Hi you are most welcome...

I suspect I am destined never to make it to the FoD, as open days generally coincide with me being in other fields with the horse....

6 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

how much and who do I need to bribe, for someone to quickly whip the fuel tank out of REV and tell me how bad the damage is? :mrgreen:

Do you have a Haynes manual !?

Just now, richardmorris said:

What time will you be there? I may find somewhere to go walking on the way.

The plan is Andyrew is coming to the house about 10.30 am then we load tools and stuff we need and should be up there soon after 11am. Come to the house or FoD

• Like 2

Just now, richardmorris said:

Do you have a Haynes manual !?

DHSS Workshop Manual For The Model 70 Three Wheeler(OCR).pdf

sort of!

seeing that a few people may be at the FoD tomorrow tempting to make the effort to come myself

would anyone be able to ferry me from MKC station to the FoD and back?

On 1/30/2020 at 10:46 PM, Six-cylinder said:

I got the threatening SORN letter from the Trevi.

tl dr dvla mofos

i got a threatening letter off askmid yesterday saying i need to insure a bike i owned for a week and a half 3-4 months ago

seeing as i swapped the ins from that to the new bike and sold and bought them on the same day = they can FRO

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

DHSS Workshop Manual For The Model 70 Three Wheeler(OCR).pdf 20.17 MB · 25 downloads

sort of!

seeing that a few people may be at the FoD tomorrow tempting to make the effort to come myself

Not really my direction sorry,  but I’ll look at the pdf and put the tool box in the car.

8 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

DHSS Workshop Manual For The Model 70 Three Wheeler(OCR).pdf 20.17 MB · 25 downloads

sort of!

Not really my direction sorry,  but I’ll look at the pdf and put the tool box in the car.

edit, which page is it ? I can’t wade through 137 pages when cooking dinner.

28 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

I plan to be there soon after 11am.

thats a shame if youd said summat today coulda followed you south :P

have to get glasses fixed tomorrow anyway

not starting from here tomorrow and they want 85 quid for the train :(

oh well

3 minutes ago, hairnet said:

thats a shame if youd said summat today coulda followed you south :P

not starting from here tomorrow and they want 85 quid for the train :(

oh well

Sorry I had not thought about tomorrow Sunday until I got home.

11 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

edit, which page is it ? I can’t wade through 137 pages when cooking dinner.

Ah no problem, I appreciate that your willing to try and help sort REV for me :) , you might also want to bring a Jack along, as the fuel tank is dropped from underneath the car

details are on Page 65 as marked on the sheets or Page 82 according to the PDF viewer! 

there is an index at the start if you find yourself needing to know something else and im not around (as well as a diagram showing jacking points :) )

heres also the relevant pages screenshotted :) 

image.thumb.png.cd6b43371c3b4633c6f2a9760321db11.pngimage.thumb.png.fb4f8a763ae18d03b9b7cf4431192f90.png

(NB, REV has a slightly different type of tank fitted, to improve frontal crash resistance, but the general idea is the same)

22 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

Ah no problem, I appreciate that your willing to try and help sort REV for me :) , you might also want to bring a Jack along, as the fuel tank is dropped from underneath the car

details are on Page 65 as marked on the sheets or Page 82 according to the PDF viewer! 

there is an index at the start if you find yourself needing to know something else and im not around (as well as a diagram showing jacking points :) )

heres also the relevant pages screenshotted :) 

image.thumb.png.cd6b43371c3b4633c6f2a9760321db11.pngimage.thumb.png.fb4f8a763ae18d03b9b7cf4431192f90.png

(NB, REV has a slightly different type of tank fitted, to improve frontal crash resistance, but the general idea is the same)

If possible I’ll have a look. I’m ok at taking things apart - putting them back again though....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

If possible I’ll have a look. I’m ok at taking things apart - putting them back again though....

haha wasn't asking you to stick it back in :) 

(just make sure any fasteners/nuts/bolts are not lost if possible)

your more then welcome to just leave the fuel tank by the seat inside REV if you don't want to stick it back in its place

if it really is leaking/has a hole in it, then no point putting it back in since if you do it will need just come out again for patching/replacing!

My eldest niece last weekend was amazed I was a chemist ( she’s doing chemistry in school this term) and thought I was a mechanic because I was always helping with their cars!

If I need to jack up the front where’s the best place to put the jack? My jack in the boot is two tonne capable, so expect it will be ok.

25 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

If I need to jack up the front where’s the best place to put the jack? My jack in the boot is two tonne capable, so expect it will be ok.

as shown in the lube chart/jacking points diagram 

looks like just ahead of the front bulkhead on the left and right hand side where the chassis members are :) being a 3 wheeler its probably not a bad idea to jack up one side slide an axle stand under there, let it down onto the stand then go to the other side and do the same

IIRC thats how @Mrs6C did it when we made initial inspections to that area :) (I think there are a couple axle stands floating around the FoD, I know there where a couple last i was there anyway!)

16 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

I suspect I am destined never to make it to the FoD, as open days generally coincide with me being in other fields with the horse....

You should have come over and bought your horse, there is 10 acre of pasture unoccupied at the moment!

IMG_20200202_111918.jpg