Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - A Grand Day Out Gromit.

Six-cylinder

I have got a 2CV, used to own a modern Fiat 500, but have never had a Volvo Amazon. I like the looks of the Amazon and have driven several including a 123 GT, but one has never popped up and said buy me!

All our cars have a story of how we ended up with them and up to now I have not really had a limit on how many low cost cars I can have as Mrs 6C loves cars. I have enjoyed low cost barn rental, trouble is I have just been told the site has been sold for development and I have to go, so some changes have to be made.

I love Visas! Had an 11 TRE (maybe I get confused with Citroen designations easily) and it was red, quirky, small and an absolute blast to tear arse around in. I was a bit concerned when a great chunk of filler fell out of the front left corner of the roof just above the windscreen and closer examination showed it had been involved in a 'bit of a whoopsy!' so unsaleable. Never mind, it lasted for years happily trundling around and was a 'loan' car to all and sundry. Never went rusty (shock horror!) was totally reliable and did about 50mpg regardless of how it was driven. It did get looked after though, serviced frequently and washed weekly (had someone to do that sort of thing when I couldn't be arsed!) and was eventually sold (or given to, can't remember) one of its frequent borrowers.

I'd love another, but they don't do autos!

• Like 1

That does not sound metric to me. Where are you, how much do you want? please PM me.

if it was metric it wouldnt be put as four and a half

larg is in dublin - possibility i might be going to ireland in the car between mid nov and xmas..............

• Like 1

autoshite barn building in your field one weekend?

Amishite ....

Beards ... Check

Funny hats.... Check

Likes old technology ....check

Doesn't agree with anything designed after (17)86 .... Check

6e17c47a91c22e141f9ffc4b1a78707f.jpg

I seem to remember that it was just a small bubble on the n/s wing a fortnight ago. How quickly the metal moth moves with Italian metal!

• Like 2

How thirsty is a Xantia V6 3 Ltr?

I don't think it is too bad, but then I am used to towing with a Range Rover!

The Visa GT collection was 382.2 miles all but 5 miles were towing, half empty and half loaded resulted in 23.3 mpg. I took advantage of my 4 mph legal speed advantage over lorries and passed many. I used full power when required and it will accelerate on any motorway hill loaded, so no economy run. Not towing I get about 27 mpg and Mrs 6C around 30 mpg.

post-4787-0-34184500-1475133861_thumb.jpg

Amishite ....

Beards ... Check

Funny hats.... Check

Likes old technology ....check

Doesn't agree with anything designed after (17)86 .... Check

6e17c47a91c22e141f9ffc4b1a78707f.jpg

If we're going to be Amish in 1986 I'll take Kelly McGillis...

If we're going to be Amish in 1986 I'll take Kelly McGillis...

In spite of being old enough I had to google the girl, the then pictures look nice but a load of now ones remind me when I have show any appreciation of Diana Rigg, Mrs 6C says, you know she is a granny!

Anyway in 1986 I lusted after a Fiesta Super Sport my friend who was selling Fords was only given, I only got Volvo 340 GL 1.7 selling Volvos, but now....