Eye-catching black and whites

forddeliveryboy

12 hours ago, Richard_FM said:

I can smell the Gauloises from here!

That is better for your health than burning plastic and rubber.😉

image.thumb.png.c8faeb2aee79289b3fd8e404a9a03b2c.png

This Trabby is being filled with zweitakt 'Normal' benzin (two stroke pre-mix, you could specify the ratio you wanted) in a Minol station somewhere in the DDR. When I was there on the Guzzi I had to make it clear that it was a viertakt (4 stroke) and ideally I tried to get the higher octane 'super'. Strictly speaking, as a running dog of capitalism, I should only have used 'Intertank' stations which were less common but more modern and were the only ones westerners were allowed to use. Nobody at the Minol stations cared when I rocked up, but as I say, I had to be carefull they didn't put pre-mix in it as they assumed all motorbikes were zweitakt.

• Like 4

image.thumb.png.da2b0cb3d9b74081ff7fdb66fb89b3d0.png

Visitors at the 'Chemistry-70' international exhibition have a good butchers at a brand new Lada. Absolutely no idea why a car should be on display at a chemistry exhibition.

Someone has had it away with the windscreen wipers.

• Like 3

Just now, martc said:

image.thumb.png.da2b0cb3d9b74081ff7fdb66fb89b3d0.png

Visitors at the 'Chemistry-70' international exhibition have a good butchers at a brand new Lada. Absolutely no idea why a car should be on display at a chemistry exhibition.

Someone has had it away with the windscreen wipers.

Probably because anyone working in the Chemical industry could only afford a Lada.

Just now, Metal Guru said:

Probably because anyone working in the Chemical industry could only afford a Lada.

True, I've worked in the chemical industry all my life and at one time swanned around in a Samara (one of the early ones with the aerofoil radiator 'grille').

image.thumb.png.20012e569322cf43de195dd58da37128.png

The opening of a new road in Rostock. If the local dignatries are swanning around in a Tatra they ought to have a word with the casual attitude of the chauffer.

9 hours ago, Richard_FM said:

A RHD Renault 4CV would have been a rare thing even then.

In the UK these were known as the Renault 750 and were  assembled here from CKD kits at Renault's Acton factory in London. 

Screenshot_20230710_070725_Chrome.jpg.0916777e8ef77fe10cd07d8de5399134.jpg

image.thumb.png.99526d690ee649078e3f4a41ed86f430.png

This little building on Ilderton Road, that Londo, was constructed in 1927 and was until the 1960s an ambulance station. It was designed by George Topham Forrest who was the Chief Architect of London County Council. He also designed Chelsea Bridge, Lambeth Bridge and the Becontree Estate in Dagenham.

image.thumb.png.d6959ed7b86d6379a503c6bb7d70a623.png

Until recently the building was used as a car repair workshop but is now falling into dereliction as it awaits demolition to make way for a shiny new block of flats (as usual).

12 hours ago, martc said:

image.thumb.png.99526d690ee649078e3f4a41ed86f430.png

This little building on Ilderton Road, that Londo, was constructed in 1927 and was until the 1960s an ambulance station. It was designed by George Topham Forrest who was the Chief Architect of London County Council. He also designed Chelsea Bridge, Lambeth Bridge and the Becontree Estate in Dagenham.

image.thumb.png.d6959ed7b86d6379a503c6bb7d70a623.png

Until recently the building was used as a car repair workshop but is now falling into dereliction as it awaits demolition to make way for a shiny new block of flats (as usual).

This is the site of the proposed Old Kent Road railway station on the East London Line - so I'm not sure flats is proposed for just here. 

There is tho next door a huge and horrible slab block going up - and stuff opposite.

Thanks for posting.