ebay 'BARGAINS'

Mr_Bo11ox

£800? There is (or was) one in a nearby dealers for £2500 recently. I hope it hasn't gone, I just like to laugh everytime I drive past :lol: That eBay one is just appalling. It's almost like he was challenged to find the worse colour, the absolute spackiest bodykit EVER, some comedy 'Range Rover bling' wheels and an ironing board for the boot then just glue it all together.

Anyone know where I can 'obtain' a mint Mk2 for free? Have Hiab, will travel.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0390308274

GR8 4 RINGING.

When I purchased the car I was told that it used to belong to Carol Smillie.

And no seat sniffers- she may never have actually been in the car.

O RLY and there was me thinking it would smell nice :roll::roll:

Neither of those are hugely overpriced IMO. Compare the XG30 with a '52' plate Focus and it's looking better value. The Clio has only done 38k, so feasably has another 60k in it before it grenades the HG and kills the engine, which if you do a miserable amount of miles too makes it not a bad buy. A good case for buying the best you can.

Neither of those are hugely overpriced IMO. Compare the XG30 with a '52' plate Focus and it's looking better value. The Clio has only done 38k, so feasably has another 60k in it before it grenades the HG and kills the engine, which if you do a miserable amount of miles too makes it not a bad buy. A good case for buying the best you can.

OK, I concede on the XG30 (although you'd still lose a grand on it if you wanted to re-sell). However, the Clio is 17 years, is a Renault and Automatic (the latter two usually spell trouble on thier own). I'm still not convinced :?

Sweet Mary Jane.I don't give a fuck if it's got solid gold chassis rails.Mental.

I doubt it cost £75k to build, but as an example my 1300 Sport is getting 300 odd hours of restoration. How much does the average bodyshop charge? £30 an hour? There's £9k if you get the work done professionally in the UK. Plus parts.Dry sumped 200 bhp Pinto - give him the benefit of the doubt - £3k with pumps, carbs, etc. Aeroquip hoses etc £300, Suspension £1000, Atlas LSD axle £800, Quaife box £800, Minilites £600, roll cage £500 or so, brakes £500. Yada yada yada. It all adds up.I reckon that cost £25k to build. £45k is taking the piss somewhat.
never ceases to amaze me how some sellers on ebay are incapable of grasping of the idea of basic economics - £45k ffs

Incredible. And sad that someone else's pride and joy will end up wearing the VIN tags and plates off that. I would have thought eBay would have pulled that rather than congratulating the bloke. They will pull listings for tags & V5's usually, and no-one is actually going to be interested in the physical remains of that.... :evil: