The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Ooh, good luck and enjoy.

On 10/08/2024 at 11:37, Rustybullethole said:

Bike Night at the Heights last night. Took a few kicks to burst into life then set off on the ped and met some mates on the way.

Met another mate along the way who furnished me with some 2 stroke oil and after a 3 and a half quid fill up had a full tank of petrol.

Was a well attended night. Loads of bikes and quite a good mix.

IMG_1306.jpeg.12acef5822842a6cff64044718b4abcb.jpeg

Stopped for supplies on the way home and shortly after lost my lights. A tentative last few miles covering the brakes to make myself visible to the que of traffic behind and a little bit of evasive riding to loose some coppers who took interest saw me back safe. 

The Melody got a fair bit of attention. A pal found this online someone had posted.

Joes one had a snap taken too.

It'd have been worth going just to gawp at that RG500 all day/night. A thing of absolute beauty. 

Just now, Cavcraft said:

It'd have been worth going just to gawp at that RG500 all day/night. A thing of absolute beauty. 

Sounded great too when he came riding in. Came past us later whilst we was having a roadside kebab being ridden in a disappointingly civilised manor. 

3 minutes ago, Rustybullethole said:

Sounded great too when he came riding in. Came past us later whilst we was having a roadside kebab being ridden in a disappointingly civilised manor. 

How do you ride an RG500 in a civilised manner? Is that possible? 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Stinkwheel said:

How do you ride an RG500 in a civilised manner? Is that possible? 

We were in a 40 zone so i suppose maybe the rider was a law abiding respectful type. 

My guess is the throttle cable had snapped and they were nursing it home on idle. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Rustybullethole said:

We were in a 40 zone so i suppose maybe the rider was a law abiding respectful type. 

My guess is the throttle cable had snapped and they were nursing it home on idle. 

I used to like riding my two strokes in a 40mph limits in a high gear, with the throttle wide open. Then, at the Nationals, drop it down two or three gears and enjoy the smoke screen behind me. The CZ 250 was probably the smokiest at this, but dreadful to ride.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Jerzy Woking said:

I used to like riding my two strokes in a 40mph limits in a high gear, with the throttle wide open. Then, at the Nationals, drop it down two or three gears and enjoy the smoke screen behind me. The CZ 250 was probably the smokiest at this, but dreadful to ride.

That's what we used to do on our KH250s, then when back out onto 60mph road, we'd wait 'til our mate was behind us on his new X7 with his new leather jacket and new helmet, then open our bikes up.  He'd be covered from head to toe in lovely little black drops.

• Haha 1

Tidy, Where are you buddy?, I'm in Newtown just now, but just bought a house in Oswestry.

A49/533 side of Northwich

[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]]" uid="[emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]]"] Any suggestions on where to buy a motorbike battery in France please?

Norauto or a BIG supermarket. Worst case I have Amazon over here so could locker you.

Norauto Calais Coquelles, Calais, 62231 France

French Halfords.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Dave_Q said:

Bit dark for pictures but have one anyway.

IMG_20240811_212920356.jpg.f2d5ad00629db7c67604a8bdd5305603.jpg

Camped near Folkestone, tunnel in the morning 

Little Switzerland or the club site in the warren by chance? Stayed at both and a few times as a stopover before crossing the pond. Like the fact you can see France from there too. 

Enjoy. 

Thanks, I can bump so will make some progress rather than hanging around Calais waiting for France to open.

Caen looks like a good target to stop.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rustybullethole said:

Little Switzerland or the club site in the warren by chance? Stayed at both and a few times as a stopover before crossing the pond. Like the fact you can see France from there too. 

Enjoy. 

Little Satmar holiday park, Capel-le-Ferne.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ySot4RCQDksuPPKs8

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Dave_Q said:

Thanks, I can bump so will make some progress rather than hanging around Calais waiting for France to open.

Caen looks like a good target to stop.

Most places like Norauto open at 08:00 - so the one in Caen will just be peeling up the shutters when you get there ;-) 

Sitrep:

IMG_20240812_134250195.jpg.010763dd37e1ccf38bf7127479e03506.jpg

The battery problem was overtaken in importance by a tyre problem. Luckily a Dutch guy at an aire pointed it out to me and I covered 200 miles or so with several stops for air.

Waiting for this place in Caen to open after lunch.

Can't see anything in the tyre or detect a leak with water but there definitely is one.

IMG_20240812_134258098_HDR.jpg.e55cfe296b8d50584f9cc61d260a93df.jpg

Got a tin of tyreweld from Dafy Moto but they didn't have the workshop open.

If this place can't help then I may have to call on your semi-local knowledge and French skills @bangernomics to see if I can find somewhere to fit one for me tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Dave_Q said:

Bit dark for pictures but have one anyway.

IMG_20240811_212920356.jpg.f2d5ad00629db7c67604a8bdd5305603.jpg

Camped near Folkestone, tunnel in the morning 

tent just fckuing no :D

• Haha 2

Hope you get the bike sorted.

Today, I passed my IAM test, and passed it very well. I'm what they call chuffed!

They did have a tyre but they didn't have a fitter, going back for it in the morning.

If I turn up when they open (9:30) they will get it squeezed in as the first job which means it should be ready in a reassuringly French timescale of about 12-1pm.

Rather than pay to change my Chunnel return looking at Dieppe-Newhaven ferry although the options get in at either 9pm or 5am neither of which is especially ideal for a 5 hour ride home from there.

Set up for the night in a municipal campsite about 40min from Caen, nice quiet spot by the river and only 12 euro. Also bought a track pump from decathlon so I can inflate the tyre in the morning to get back to the shop.

IMG_20240812_191108343_HDR.jpg.8c91ae145156cfc3133171c8a28df753.jpg

• Like 5

They’ll be done well before [emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]][emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]] as lunchtime innit. On that note if dining don’t think you can turn up at [emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]].[emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]] you’ll be booed out of the place.

Bit more temperate tomorrow for you. Any tourist plans or just winging it? Don’t forget some comedy sweets for the kids/work colleagues. A bag of mushroom crisps is always fun.

Sorry about this I think Tapatalk is playing up with weird quotes.

• Like 1

No firm plan past the tyre but I'll need to amuse myself between Caen and Dieppe until the boat at either 6pm or midnight.

Possibly the beach, or a war museum? Moules fries for lunch? Should also ride the windyest route there and avoid the autoroute which was very boring.

940 ftw

berck to honfleur

visit le touquet see if theyre doing the giant sandcastles thing

put yer compass on and just follow anything with a D

south west :D

Wanted to look at the brakes on mine 

Approached it from the back...........

Sake

Hope it can be fixed

IMG_20240813_111231663_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240813_111222219_HDR.jpg

• Sad 3

Pegasus bridge. Mental that they flew in and took this in flimsy gliders made from balsa wood and corrugated cardboard. I've seen sturdier airfix models.

IMG_20240813_130525110.jpg.b6012f4a8a99cf800d5bb934d72e81ef.jpg

IMG_20240813_133902637.jpg.cc3e4918dc1c7072d2d0ef41e82b6900.jpg

IMG_20240813_134743599_HDR.jpg.e2a2dee527cf6e62e1f8ebc63c94aa09.jpg

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, hairnet said:

Wanted to look at the brakes on mine 

Approached it from the back...........

Sake

Hope it can be fixed

Seems to be in an ideal location for a plugging