Woollarding

trigger

I am reminded of the wise prophet Dylan Moran, who said "German is a horrible language. It sounds like typewriters wrapped in tinfoil being kicked down stairs".

Bizarrely my one and only attempt at German came about after I blocked a dunny in a service station about 50kms from the Czech Republic with the most ferocious length of faecal cable I've ever laid. My attempt was to try to apologise to the cleaner, who saw the toalie rise like a phoenix from the pan, went berzerk, and followed me through the service station and into the car park before attempting to beat up my Fiesta Courier, all whilst shouting something about shizen.

True story.

Jo, so ist es halt. Und ich weiss auch. dass was wir als die Wahrheit bezeichnen möchten, auch von Propaganda geprägt ist... darum habe ich auch Zeitzeugenberichte von Wehrmachtsoldaten gelesen. Die Wahrheit liegt wohl irgendwo mittendrin. Unbestreitbar ist, dass - wie auch bei uns - die meisten von euren Jungs gar nicht zum Militär wollten, aber trotzdem tapfer gekämpft haben. Scheiss-Politiker, halt. Wer möchte letztendlich in einen Krieg ziehen?

Ja. Und die Alliierten hatten auch zum Ende hin keinen Bock mehr, unsere Städte kaputtzuschießen. Der Krieg wurde zum Großteil auf Kosten von Unschuldigen ausgetragen. Aber die Leute hatten gar keine Wahl, wer sich den Linken oder 'Kommunisten' anschloß wurde bestraft. Das Volk an sich nämlich war zum Großteil überhaupt nicht kriegsfreundlich und erst recht nicht fremdenfeindlich.

Ja. Und die Alliierten hatten auch zum Ende hin keinen Bock mehr, unsere Städte kaputtzuschießen. Der Krieg wurde zum Großteil auf Kosten von Unschuldigen ausgetragen. Aber die Leute hatten gar keine Wahl, wer sich den Linken oder 'Kommunisten' anschloß wurde bestraft. Das Volk an sich nämlich war zum Großteil überhaupt nicht kriegsfreundlich und erst recht nicht fremdenfeindlich.

Das waren beschissene Zeiten... bin froh, dass sie schon lange her sind. Tut mir Leid, dass ich das Thema erwähnt habe. OK, zurück zum originalen Thema...Woollarding... wir haben's erfunden, nicht euch. Ihr dürft es aber auch tun, wenn ihr zugibt, dass wir das bessere Frühstück haben :wink:

Das waren beschissene Zeiten... bin froh, dass sie schon lange her sind. Tut mir Leid, dass ich das Thema erwähnt habe. OK, zurück zum originalen Thema...Woollarding... wir haben's erfunden, nicht euch. Ihr dürft es aber auch tun, wenn ihr zugibt, dass wir das bessere Frühstück haben :wink:

Besser Ihr habt es erfunden als die Schweizer... Ja, Frühstück. Mittags um 1 esse ich auch Euer Frühstück, vorher geht eh nur Kaffee.

Woollarding probiere ich, nachdem mein Auto wieder TÃœV hat.

I'M going to try Woollarding after my BMW's passing TÃœV.

Fair play to The Goff. Possibly the most difficult people to interview ever. I like the way he has to cram all the useful information into his questions as he gets sod all back as an answer!

You can just imagine him getting home afterwards. "What a fuggin' show of shit that day was. Danny - stop with the fuggin' drumming!"

I'm sure he spoke just like that. Note clever reference to future Supergrass skin beater.

I have a memory of when I was about seven or eight. It was absolutely pouring down and my mother and I were hiding from the rain in a shop on the mean streets of Bearwood. A then-new Jaguar XJ40 pulls up and the bloke legs it for cover. Inspired by Woollard's comments on a recent issue of Top Gear, I asked my mother: "Is he abandoning his car because the single wiper is struggling to cope with the rain?"

Do kids watch such factual stuff on telly these days? I couldn't get enough of it, though I look back and find that old Top Gear is incredibly tedious. Top Gear and Knight Rider were pretty much what I lived for when I was a nipper. Watching The Hoff get outacted by a car. Brilliant.

• 2 months later...

One key aspect of woollarding largely overlooked is the 'sports casual' clothing that underpins the technique

Goffey does give him a run for his money in that department

I've been wanting to do a spot of 'Woollarding' for ages but never found the opportunity.

Until today !!!

I realised that I've reached that age where I am subconsciously dressing myself in 'sports casual' beige/grey clothing.

I'd popped round to a mate's house today and realised I still had the camera in the car from the Knebworth House car show on Monday.

He thought it was a strange request but took the photo for me :smile:

SAM_1422_zps2a95f32f.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am reminded of the wise prophet Dylan Moran, who said "German is a horrible language. It sounds like typewriters wrapped in tinfoil being kicked down stairs".

Bizarrely my one and only attempt at German came about after I blocked a dunny in a service station about 50kms from the Czech Republic with the most ferocious length of faecal cable I've ever laid. My attempt was to try to apologise to the cleaner, who saw the toalie rise like a phoenix from the pan, went berzerk, and followed me through the service station and into the car park before attempting to beat up my Fiesta Courier, all whilst shouting something about shizen.

True story.

Thanks for that, I've just PMSL in the middle of an open plan office.

• 3 months later...

Am i late to the game?  Anyway, today i did  my first attempt.

post-5425-0-51188400-1402944880_thumb.jpg

Please vote cinq sur cinq!

One for the location, one for the car, one for the car in the right color, one for the Gendarme and one for consistently ignoring the honking french drivers behind me.

Why did these guys stare at me?

post-5425-0-82570900-1402944932_thumb.jpg

Two extra points for the free parking space right there.

post-5425-0-10501700-1402945142_thumb.jpg