Jump to content

Lazy spotters thread


HillmanImp

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

At a show today. There was other shite but couldn’t pap it all 

307B8F38-99C1-43D0-BE44-A1B931A96ACD.jpeg

FE4E1FD3-881D-4E28-B977-4F66E6F87184.jpeg

7C9E3E5E-36C8-43C1-BBAE-41E9364CC33C.jpeg

A823F73F-028B-45DE-848E-D650312F719C.jpeg

1A7ACF3E-328C-41CB-BC77-4A3ADAD1C8A2.jpeg

D193D5CA-E246-44F8-BE28-DE85DB083873.jpeg

If I'm correct the Fiat next to the red Fiesta is a Fiat 600D, which was a sort of "grown up" Fiat 500, with a larger engine and body, but still air-cooled and unbearably noisy! I read there was an Abarth version-blimey, a real 1960s "pocket rocket"! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sutty2006 said:

That looks like a 130 chassis that’s been modified, badly. 

432eaf3a364e0a1bd093a4341470e708.jpg

According to the macho Urban Man types (Pininterest) this is a 127 CSW ?
Yours has twin snorkels so I'm thinking an RAF V8 Rapier type one that's been refitted?
edit: www.foleysv.com/defender-130-conversions.html
image.png.9b57dcafa2d03b32c9a2f4cc21766d23.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

432eaf3a364e0a1bd093a4341470e708.jpg

According to the macho Urban Man types (Pininterest) this is a 127 CSW ?
Yours has twin snorkels so I'm thinking an RAF V8 Rapier type one that's been refitted?
edit: www.foleysv.com/defender-130-conversions.html
image.png.9b57dcafa2d03b32c9a2f4cc21766d23.png

 

That but between the doors looks so fugly it makes it look badly modified. Oh wait, it’s a Landrover. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, sutty2006 said:

That but between the doors looks so fugly it makes it look badly modified. Oh wait, it’s a Landrover. 

It is fugly but the panel fit is not actually too bad so I was figuring an 'official' Land Rover Specialist Vehicle type or fire engine type conversion before I found the foley link. Early 80s throwback to a 70s or earlier infill design?
It just looks shite to be honest - at least they've parked up with an empty space either side as it's probably got the turning circle of a bus (my old 109 V8 was bad enough)
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2023 at 7:00 PM, Andrew353w said:

If I'm correct the Fiat next to the red Fiesta is a Fiat 600D, which was a sort of "grown up" Fiat 500, with a larger engine and body, but still air-cooled and unbearably noisy! I read there was an Abarth version-blimey, a real 1960s "pocket rocket"! 

The 600 came out first, so really the 500 is a shrunk down 600. Also, although rear engined it is water cooled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2023 at 11:03 AM, StescoG66 said:

Spotted this morning on my stroll to Lenzie Station. Noted the sticker in the back window too

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-25 at 11.01.26.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-25 at 11.01.25.jpg

Great spot! Wonder who it is
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surprise spot today from MrsDC...

257807063_Screenshot_20230526-1804132.thumb.png.4995d04c70303b90b12bd9cea67f7e06.png

A surprise because it's on the driveway of a house that's only round the corner, and I've never noticed it in 13 years! Doesn't exactly look like it moves all that much...

Is it a Starcraft Camper kit that's been 'upgraded' using a Sierra, once the original Cortina donor mouldered away?

By rights, someone should have grafted a MK1 Mondeo on by now...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Datsuncog said:

Surprise spot today from MrsDC...

257807063_Screenshot_20230526-1804132.thumb.png.4995d04c70303b90b12bd9cea67f7e06.png

A surprise because it's on the driveway of a house that's only round the corner, and I've never noticed it in 13 years! Doesn't exactly look like it moves all that much...

Is it a Starcraft Camper kit that's been 'upgraded' using a Sierra, once the original Cortina donor mouldered away?

By rights, someone should have grafted a MK1 Mondeo on by now...

There’s a cortina StarCraft about a mile away from me in a different town. I’m certain it’s got two rear axles. And a funky painted mk1 transit rotting away on the drive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...