Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

9156d1140b03e0c4425e53e2d31d7c95.jpg

I was briefly forced to a stop to take in the first CityRover I’ve seen in years! Spotted this afternoon in Woking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I actually hurtled past a CityRover on my drive down from Barnsley in the newly purchased shonkmobile last Wednesday. As I zipped effortlessly past, I smiled broadly and actually said out loud 'we're going to be all right, Warpy, I can feel it in my bones' and tapped the dash. (Reg of the R8 is K540WRP). A nickname, a CityRover and progressing rapidly in a fucked car - one of those seminal moments.

• Like 2

post-19075-0-31503400-1541154611_thumb.jpg

Just seen pumping up the tyres in Dunmanway.Both towcar and trailer load of interest.As the towcar is UK reg I suppose that's where the Riley is going.A shame ,as the number plate is very distinctive, LZA1.A Dublin City reg.

Last year I forgot, so this year I couldn't go through the weekend without snapping a photo of our (in)famous scruffy LDV that somehow manages to transport the vast bulk of our event from one end of the country to the other.

It at least used to have the horn from Hell fitted, originally from a US railway locomotive...

post-21985-0-17403100-1541256868_thumb.jpg

No idea what they've done to the power plant, but the thing was pulling away from us last year when we were going as quickly as we were comfortable with.

Also bonus Volvo, because I like Volvos.

post-21985-0-77816600-1541256974_thumb.jpg

Didn't see anything else immediately worthy of note on my first nosey around the hotel car park.

A really lazyish spot, but a really rare one. Who would have bothered to import a really cheap basic Chevvy compact from the 1980's into NZ. Well someone did bother and must be happy, it's Burnt Orange paint looked pristine. It was parked in a driveway not far from home, I should go back today to see if it is still there as no photo.

A Chevrolet Citation. (Wiki photo)

post-2915-0-06548900-1541355069_thumb.jpg

EDIT....Revisited the location with a camera, empty driveway .

• Like 3

Must be something on somewhere...saw four 2CVs and a Dyanne heading south on the A74M this morning.

Sadly no photos as I was driving.

Amazing watching the Dyanne, looked like it was floating along hovering over the road without actually touching it.

.....the number plate is very distinctive, LZA1.A Dublin City reg.

Seeing as it's number "1", would that plate have been issued to a city council car?

Seeing as it's number "1", would that plate have been issued to a city council car?

It would be likely,but I can't see the council buying a Riley 4/72.Maybe a council manager's private car?

Another CityRover, seen on Saturday past - and the first one I've seen in quite a while too. Strange that so many have come out of the woodwork all of a sudden!

post-17915-0-74270700-1541517038_thumb.jpg

A 'Style' version, no less. I have no idea what this trim level was meant to convey, but the doormirrors weren't colour-coded (one of the supposed upgrades that I believe the CityRover gained over its Tata brethren) so I'm guessing it ain't overly fancy...

post-17915-0-90518500-1541517101_thumb.jpg

Plenty of giffer dings and what have you, plus the fuel flap cocked at rather a jaunty angle.

post-17915-0-22638600-1541517155_thumb.jpg

How long will this remain on the roads? Place your bets, kids... and can anyone advise on just how awful or otherwise they are?

Also - an Italian-plated Panda that's quite far from home, battling through central Belfast traffic this morning.

post-17915-0-61252700-1541517545_thumb.jpg

Another CityRover, seen on Saturday past - and the first one I've seen in quite a while too. Strange that so many have come out of the woodwork all of a sudden!

20181103_150714.jpg

A 'Style' version, no less. I have no idea what this trim level was meant to convey, but the doormirrors weren't colour-coded (one of the supposed upgrades that I believe the CityRover gained over its Tata brethren) so I'm guessing it ain't overly fancy...

20181103_150732.jpg

Plenty of giffer dings and what have you, plus the fuel flap cocked at rather a jaunty angle.

20181103_150724.jpg

How long will this remain on the roads? Place your bets, kids... and can anyone advise on just how awful or otherwise they are?

Also - an Italian-plated Panda that's quite far from home, battling through central Belfast traffic this morning.

20181106_085351.jpg

The Panda is from Caserta,next province North of Naples,a good long drive in a Panda, although my brother took one to Budapest in 1991.

That poor Shadow does appear to be something of a travesty... although I've encountered enough utterly dire, wob-laden ex-wedding cars to appreciate that a shiny Rolls-Royce does not necessarily equal a good Rolls-Royce.

My cousin's wedding car was clean and polished on one side (the nearside, the photo side) but rust-streaked and going into holes on the offside... I'd be vaguely interested in having a quick poke around the sills and arches on the above yoke - even if it does seem somewhat vulgar to disguise such a grand old lady as a Dodge Charger.

• Like 1

even if it does seem somewhat vulgar to disguise such a grand old lady as a Dodge Charger.

That's partly my beef with it - if you are going to rally a Shad at least make it look like the 1968 London-Sydney car!

• Like 3

A Tofas Dogan, spotted a couple of weeks ago in Turkey, they're everywhere there. Believe they're a local rip-off of the Fiat 131. Apologies for sideways picture, just refuses to upload the right way. 

post-20567-0-33430700-1541621488_thumb.jpg