Autoshite heaven (in Scotland)

DodgyBastard

Very quick update, we went yesterday and what a fantastic sight! The owner of these cars is a wonderful bloke and as for the 'secrecy' I think it is absolutely neccessary. It's not a scrap yard/ business or anything, he doesn't want to break up the cars for the same reasons any of us don't want to break up our own cars. He knows the story behind each and every one and recalls many being on the road in his ownership. As for 'nearly new' cars, more than a few came from salvage auctions, several had panel damage or fires or the like. We walked around with his nephew who must have been about 15, and in my opinion the luckiest person ever having that to grow with. Then there's the area itself: truly spectacular! Finally as has been said before some things are for sale, we have done a deal on the FSO Polonez. I would urge anybody who knows the location to keep it off public domain, ultimately if people aren't careful this could be gone. And if things went missing I cant see the guy continuing to welcome strangers like me and Steve in.

Well said about the location. We need places like this to keep us sane. Could you find out some info on the Marina Coupe for me please? Thanks Charlie.

The Marina and the 'wedge' he said he may sell

This is probably gonna seem very anal but could you find out the first 3 letters of the number plate and a rough guide on price for me please? There is a reason for wanting to know the letters of the plate although it makes no difference to whether i would want the car or not.lol Thanks Charlie.

• 1 month later...

They used to do that here as well back in the 70s and 80s plus a good few stolen ones went in. One year the water in the quarry was really low and I was quite surprised at how many cars and stuff was in there. There was an old donkey engine too!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...