Help just help!

SambaS

Not even had contact back from the vendor yet. I sent him this:

Por favor, ayuda!

Yo vivo en Inglaterra. Quiero comprar tu talbot samba s.

¿Cuántos euros para el coche, yo no necesito motor, necesito coche y el interior, Todo lo demás que tengo.

Yo tenía un talbot samba s en 2009.

Actualmente tengo un Sambas dos Talbot

hopefully I've offered to buy it.

It does? Oh well, you're sorted, off you go and don't forget your camera! :wink: See you in a week.

Edit: just had a thought, you might be able to pick up a shiply-type contract on the way dahn sahhhf if another Shiter wants anything dragging... offsets the petrol bill a bit, eh?

Yeah - go and get it.

The ferries to Bilbao or Santander aren't cheap and wipe out 22-24 hours each way, but if already have or can borrow a trailer & tow motor it'd still be cheaper then Shiply I reckon.

Or - a cheap Dunkirk crossing and a LOT of miles! Mega fun though.

It is the holy grail of Talbot Sambas to me. They only sold it in Spain and UK, and because it isn't the Rallye, which was limited to just 200 cars I think, it was always the underdog. And despite being a popular little car in the 80s and 90s there aint none left. My Samba S I sold in 2009 was the last UK spec one in existance*

Easy to load a shell onto a trailer if you have a winch, especially that light a car. I'm prollys going over myself. Anyway, ad was placed in March. May be long gone. Id be happy with a bare shell though, so long as it's an S. There's no dicerneable difference. But i dont like looky-likeys. I mean, i have most of the parts to turn the Style into an S but it would bug me.

While waiting for the man to email me back I managed to sign up to the website and place a wanted advert, which sounds simple but it was all in Spanish. Any way, two people have got back to me. One trying to sell a Samba GL in full rally spec with cage etc. The other has a Rallye and will send me some pics. A Rallye is much more desirable and worth a small fortune. I just want an S.

With ferry fares etc I'd reckon putting it in the back of a van would be the cheaper option.

The car trailer I generally borrow is 500kgs empty btw.

Towing on a newer license is complicated to say the least, what you an tow depends on various things, including the car you're using.