COLLECTED: Rover 75 (Dealer 'Launch' Spec)

BorniteIdentity

remember to look for the goodies such a
s the TV in the dash. Almost everything was optional so it can be quite tricky to track one down that has a decent amount of toys.

You want the drivers intelligence pack - thats fairly common. Gives you reverse sensors, the Fuel computer and the auto dimming mirror. Look at ad photos for the small round sensors on the rear bumper which mean its got this.

In the centre of the dash under the cup holders is a small panel which will have buttons on it if it has goodies like cruise control, the electric rear sunblind or heated seats.

You can also check for cruise by looking for the buttons which will be opposite the volume control buttons on the RIGHT of the steering wheel if it is fitted.

Look at the tweeters on the doors for gold writing - that means the uprated Harmon Kardon sound system is fitted.

Xenon headlights with headlight washers usually also mean it has the webasto pre-heater which warms your car up remotely before you get in it.

the more of these you see on a potential buy the better!

montytom certainly knows ALOT about these cars.

I would be tempted by that Dorchester Red V6 on ebay, the guy claims its Chinese spec? None the less it looks lovely.

edit*  I notice its now sold.

The weekend is here, Christmas is done with and we should start seeing more cars coming up soon.

montytom certainly knows ALOT about these cars.

I would be tempted by that Dorchester Red V6 on ebay, the guy claims its Chinese spec? None the less it looks lovely.

edit*  I notice its now sold.

The weekend is here, Christmas is done with and we should start seeing more cars coming up soon.

Thanks my dad calls me an anorak but I don't mind my dad had one of those dorchester red ones for a while.

As with the dealer launch cars they are an odd spec. I would not have bought that dorchester red one purely from the view that on other social media he showed pictures of lacquer peel on the corner of the roof.

Lovely cars though.

The Japanese spec ones came with things like a flare clip. The Crown alloys have dimples in between the nut holes. Harmon kardon speakers and symphony radio highline ipk aubergine leather. Headlamp wash and more.

Myself I'd go for a launch car but I am biased.

Here's a few pictures of my launch car. It is a very high spec but is missing the auto dip mirror.

Some launch cars at the dealers got parking sensors added and my 2 have them fitted but my father's doesn't.

20161001_164934_zps4gtzd7be.jpg

20160726_133640_zpsbdeudpdc.jpg

20160226_181311_zps2ykxtatj.jpg

They can get good mpg the v6.

After a long drive this mpg was showing with brim to brim being 38.9mpg

20150418_195903_zpsafxyuwhu.jpg

20150215_155422_zpsba4a1c20.jpg

Here was my car at a Jaguar show. See the magazine article.

20140608_130637_zps9b3880cd.jpg

I shouldn't be reading this thread! I wasn't aware that there were still bargains to be had out there in the 75 world. I thought low miles and evidence of a service would push it above a grand.

I'll see what happens with the Megane come MOT time. I'm hoping it shouldn't need much but you never know.

Here's the opposite of what you want. 04 expensive and no history of belts being done! 

But it would be my top pick if I had just one car and a healthy bank account!

Monogram so you can join a whole new world of Windae Lickers, high spec with a full complement of buttons below Air con .  And to top it off a BX registration which usually means factory registered.

Look at this on eBay  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272512377991

s-l1600.jpg

Here's the car in question.

post-19618-0-34937900-1483798847_thumb.jpeg

Sadly, belts are due. But how nice would it be to actually have watched the work be done and know that it's done? Satisfying, if a little expensive.

Car is fairly priced but I'd like to get the belts done immediately really, so the prices at the bar doubles the cost of admission.

Difficult decision. Could buy a car with them done for not a lot more.

attachicon.gifreceived_10154322753443412.jpeg

Sadly, belts are due. But how nice would it be to actually have watched the work be done and know that it's done? Satisfying, if a little expensive.

Car is fairly priced but I'd like to get the belts done immediately really, so the prices at the bar doubles the cost of admission.

Nice launch car!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Here's the opposite of what you want. 04 expensive and no history of belts being done!

But it would be my top pick if I had just one car and a healthy bank account!

Monogram so you can join a whole new world of Windae Lickers, high spec with a full complement of buttons below Air con . And to top it off a BX registration which usually means factory registered.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272512377991

s-l1600.jpg

Witness the FITness of that.

Hnnng.

attachicon.gifreceived_10154322753443412.jpeg

That's class. Everything i want in a 75, i guess it has power rear sunscreen, and personal line. Not only that but rare Y spokes. Good luck with it hope you get it. 

Edit I see i'm the only one with love for the Y spokes  :mrgreen:

How many miles has that launch car done? (assuming it is a launch spec)  None the less it looks very nice.

You could bin those wheels and pick up 4x crowns with tyres for £100, plenty for sale via the 75/ZT parts section, not many people want these wheels so always some available. Don't worry about serpants, they are sought after but cost £££ and these cars ride better on crowns anyway.

My main question is how many miles has it done and have the belts ever been done?

How many miles has that launch car done? (assuming it is a launch spec) Is it a T reg?  None the less it looks nice.

You could bin those wheels and pick up 4x crowns with tyres for £100, plenty for sale via the 75/ZT parts section, not many people want these wheels so always some available. Don't worry about serpants, they are sought after but cost £££ and these cars ride better on crowns anyway.

Bin them in my direction  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Car is on 99k. Belts were done at 60k but are due now by age.

I might just throw any caution to the wind, but the thing is there will be more of them coming up over the next few weeks.

It's what I was after, nice history and ideal spec. The wheels don't offend me and it's Rover plus 1 owner.

Just dem belts doh...

Ok then the belts are not due.  The whole 6 year rule was/is a complete con, these will do 90k miles on the same belts.

My primrose 75 was on the original belts when I bought it (15 years old) and my previous 2001 car was also on the original belts, when the new owner went to the trouble of changing them he saw the main belt and wished he hadn't of bothered, it was fine.  I also know of someone running a 1999 Launch car on 85k and original belts, he will have them done on 90k and not before.

Rover assumed 15k a year / per service so after 6 years that gives you 90,000.  These belts were tested to 150,000 so Rover were being cautious by saying 90,000

So only 39k under those belts? It looks a winner to me Daniel.

This was the preferred car, until I managed to get an honest translation of "bumper was damaged". ie Cat C.

Ok then the belts are not due. The whole 6 year rule was/is a complete con, these will do 90k miles on the same belts.

My primrose 75 was on the original belts when I bought it (15 years old) and my previous 2001 car was also on the original belts, when the new owner went to the trouble of changing them he saw the main belt and wished he hadn't of bothered, it was fine. I also know of someone running a 1999 Launch car on 85k and original belts, he will have them done on 90k and not before.

Rover assumed 15k a year / per service so after 6 years that gives you 90,000. These belts were tested to 150,000 so Rover were being cautious by saying 90,000

So only 39k under those belts? It looks a winner to me Daniel.

Same scenario here.. belts were done 40k ago, but over 6 years. It'll now do 2 k a year maybe so I really could leave them for years. There seems to be a whole scaremongering culture about KV6s and cambelts and I don't really get it. They aren't that complex to do, plenty access and if you follow a few guidelines then no real issues,even without the tools, but the first thing said when mentioning a KV6 is " ooh, it needs belts, it's worthless". Just like a k series..". Has the head gasket been done?" Er, no because it hasn't gone. " Ooh, don't want it mate, these things do head gaskets every 30 miles unless it's had the land rover upgrade"

PISH.

I paid decent money for my 75, in 75 terms, cos it's the one I wanted. Servicing and upkeep is part and parcel of any car and if it needs done in my ownership, it'll get done. Then if it gets done, I know it's been done and not just written in the book and it'll be done with parts and fluids of my choosing. If it's not a keeper, and you are buying with a view to resale then understood, if it's a smoker, play cambelt roulette, If it is a keeper, at the prices these cars go for, buy the exact spec you want, bring it up to the standard you want and keep it there.

My tuppence worth.